Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jakar Jasra WIP

• 98 Replies
Jakar Jasra WIP
« on: Sep 20, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Hello everyone this is my first WIP, thanks to my vode such as Kris Jasra, Kitala Enby, Reyn Vok'chi, Paul Vardabob, Ken, Kyle and a few others for the advice and support really appreciate it :D

I started off brainstorming with a few ideas on colours and what type I was going to be, settled on a heavily armored Mando as I am roughly 6'4 and only 16 :P

Once I got my base idea done I started on the basics, first thanks to Paul Vardabob for providing me with a boiler suit really appreciate it man :D Dyes it black, bought some boots with no laces and some leather flight gloves to start everything off.
Also with some help from my parents built a flak jacket.

Also as I was doing a few exams I wanted to do something to keep my mind occupied other than video games and revision so I built my very first blaster hope you like it :) Cobbled it together from a broken P228 pistol, a piece of PVC pipe,
plumbing nozzle, 3mm sintra, plastic curtain rod covers, plastic parts and other various pieces.

So first to start off the armour I traced out the paper templates, cut them out and applied them to my flak jacket for the right sizes and placements. Thanks to Kit for helping me sort out the back.

Armour

I started to trace out onto sintra and cut it out, sanded the edges down to smooth them out a bit.

After that I started with the collar piece and heated it up to form properly, fit it into place and folded it slightly until it was at the right angles.

This is how far I have gone, tomorrow I will heat up the rest and form them, very excited to do this :D also I will update this WIP as much as I can when I have spare time.

Please comment and share any advice it will all be appreciated :)

Jake

P.S These images are now just pictures I had taken at the LFCC in London my first Comic Con, was a long journey but worth every minute to meet you guys :D Also got to meet Chewbacca which is not a usual thing to happen :P

Also thanks to Paul who was at the con helping me with the helmet sizes, otherwise this pic would not be as cool looking and the blaster again thanks to Kit :D

Hey everyone got a big update on what I have been up to :D
The back plates, collar plate and shoulder plates have had a coat of grey undercoat for the paints

After this I gave them all a even coat of silver. ( Sorry I do not have a pic of the back plate in silver as I was already giving it the other coats of paint )

And now this is where the fun begins :)

Sprayed my beige coat and did a secret technique on my armour, the shoulder bells came out like this

Then I added the red stripes :)

I then applied this to the other pieces and here is the result :)

So so pleased with it :D Will continue it as soon as possible.

Hey again got even more progress to show :)

Chest pieces are done so so happy :D

Went to the Cardiff Con and got a pic of my current set up

The thigh plates are being modified to stay up better, helmet and gaunts are still coming  but still excited :)

Update: My new grenade prototype :D The TFG-M1 or the Timed Fragmentation Grenade Mark 1 :D

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2015, 09:02 AM by Deadshot » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Jakar Jasra WIP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Great start vod ;) looking forward to seeing more ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2014, 05:14 PM »
Kris likes this 8) Great work 'little' brother.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2014, 05:40 PM »
Great start bud, lets see some more  ;)

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2014, 04:52 PM »
Awesome!

I love your blaster in particular, you've captured the swarsy essence really nicely :)

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Awesome!

I love your blaster in particular, you've captured the swarsy essence really nicely :)

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2015, 09:35 AM »
My helmet from Saz came in today :)

Me holding the helmet. Very excited and eager to work on it :)

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2015, 09:47 AM »
That weathering looks fantastic! I really love the blaster too, you're well on your way to have an absolute stunner of a kit!

Korran Orainn

« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Look how happy you are with a Saz Buy'ce :D

It's gorgeous Vod, cannot wait to see it all painted up with your Kit! Hopefully I shall see it in person at CFCC!

« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2015, 10:16 AM »
Look how happy you are with a Saz Buy'ce :D

It's gorgeous Vod, cannot wait to see it all painted up with your Kit! Hopefully I shall see it in person at CFCC!

I can't wait either :)

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2015, 07:02 PM »
Public Service Announcement:
Timed Fragmentation Grenade Mark 1 (TFG-M1) has been renamed by a majority vote to The Frag Grenade Mark 1 8)

And no Jakar, I will not be defeated in this attempt to rename your awesome Timer Grenade :P

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2015, 01:02 PM »
Public Service Announcement:
Timed Fragmentation Grenade Mark 1 (TFG-M1) has been renamed by a majority vote to The Frag Grenade Mark 1 8)

And no Jakar, I will not be defeated in this attempt to rename your awesome Timer Grenade :P
Of course sister :P

Vhekad Naast

• Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. EnviroOps Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2015, 09:18 PM »
Looks really good man!

Once you see me, you will already be dead.
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2015, 03:16 AM »

« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:02 AM »
Helmet update !! :D Ok so the visor has now been cut, blemishes and air bubbles sanded and filled with putty. Working now on adding custom details to the helmet, a lot of work that I am so excited for :)
Some general pics of the helmet.
"Dead or alive your coming with me :P"

Pic of the back detail I am working on :)

Some close ups :D

Masked for safety.

A very big update now :) Sprayed my helmet silver then with a dusting of beige.

After that I peppered the flour over the wet spray paint for the weathering effect :)

Then the red was applied onto the edges of the visor and edges of the ear caps.

This was the best bit, I applied the red chevrons to the top of the helmet to match with the rest of my kit and added black to the cheeks and the back of the helmet. So pleased with the result :D :D :D

And with a bit of help I modified the back vent for some difference :)

Went to the Cardiff Comic Con with my vode, first ever real troop and I loved every minute :D
I even got to sit in the Emperor's throne :D

Here is a different one with my vode at my sides :)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2015, 07:53 AM »
Kit is looking cool vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Phenomenal weathering  :o

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2015, 12:24 PM »
Looks good, the chevrons could have easily looked way to busy, but you did a fantastic job on them and they look great. It kind of gives me A New Hope rebel pilot helmet vibe for some reason. 

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2015, 01:32 PM »
Looks good, the chevrons could have easily looked way to busy, but you did a fantastic job on them and they look great. It kind of gives me A New Hope rebel pilot helmet vibe for some reason.

I got the same vibes, due to the color and weathering. The beige/off-white and make it look like it just came off set.

Korran Orainn

« Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Cannot stress enough how epic they look in person as well Vode, Deadshot has made a gorgeous kit!

Just gotta get you that BFG, BFG :D

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:58 AM »
Cannot stress enough how epic they look in person as well Vode, Deadshot has made a gorgeous kit!

Just gotta get you that BFG, BFG :D

Well I eventually will get a BFG made, might try doing some sketches now :)

« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2015, 06:55 AM »
Update !!! :D

Ok so I have been working on my blaster but I have been a little stumped.
Got a hacked up body of a M-40 bbgun but I am struggling for choice on two blaster barrel choices, need Mandalorian dakka advisors :D

The first barrel is a short stubby barrel with vent holes and a end cap

The second (and one of my Mandalorian friends prefer this one) is the long barrel made from a compressor hose rod.

Size comparison for stubby barrel

Size comparison for long barrel.

Thanks for reading :D

Korran Orainn

« Reply #23 on: Apr 19, 2015, 04:06 PM »
My vote is for the first barrel, should look Kandosii with some greeblies :)

« Reply #24 on: Apr 19, 2015, 04:10 PM »
My vote is for the first barrel, should look Kandosii with some greeblies :)

The snub barrel has had the most votes :P 3 to 1

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!