Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

True Mandalorian - Boot Question

• 4 Replies
True Mandalorian - Boot Question
« on: Sep 30, 2014, 01:11 PM »
Regarding True Mandalorians, the requirements state that:
Capes such as those shown on Jango, Jaster and Montross at various points in the comics are optional. All other cape-styles are restricted.

Would a kama be considered a cape? Just curious cause my custom kit is pretty True Mandalorian in design, but I do have a kama. Would a kama be acceptable on a TM?

« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2014, 10:31 AM by Nat'rii Ramikad » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: True Mandalorian Question
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2014, 01:24 PM »
Im guessing here  :rolleyes: but i believe you will be told that a Karma is not a Cape

if it say Cape on the Requirements than Im pretty sure they will want a Cape

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
Re: True Mandalorian - Boot Question
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2014, 10:52 AM »
New question. About boots, I know it could be just variations in the art work, but in Open Seasons sometimes it looks like the TMs have tall boots with pant legs tucked in then sometimes boots under the pant leg, like we normally see. Is either one permissible?

Obviously this is Montross and, well, he's Montross there's a lot about his kit that is different.

Thoughts?

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2014, 01:14 PM »
I only see pant legs over boots except for Montross.

tubachris85x

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2014, 07:35 AM »
As with any comic, not every aspect of the art is consistent. Montross, despite one frame appearing to have tall boots w/ pants tucked in, is well, just that frame. Elsewhere in the comic you'll see that he's wearing shin armor in the same manner as a movie style Jango (or the other Mandos in the comic), so my concensus is that boots for montross wears them just like the other mandos.

As for the boots themselves, its not really "distinguishable," as for what the look the artist was going for, but clearly it's a heavy-treaded black boot. Because they're non-specific, I am using my kenneth coles which are the same soles as the Jango boot, as I feel it's more acceptable to use instead of some random black boots.

Of course, this is from my analysis

"You're worth enough...dead..."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!