Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Evaar'la's upgrades & Sabine S3! Updated with painted stuff!

• 224 Replies

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Edit (08/19/2017): Hey Vode!  Unfortunately my thread got hit by the photobucket shenanigans :(  I'm not going to update the whole thing cause that will take forever and most of the pictures were saved on my old computer and I don't have them at all anymore.  For new stuff with pictures skip to PAGE 13.  If for some reason you decide to read the first 12 pages even though they don't have pictures and there's something you want to see that's missing, please send me a pm and I will send you the picture if I have it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all!  So, after five or six months of reading the forums, I've finally started work and have enough progress to start a wip thread!  The original plan was to have medium armor, but I've since changed that to light and will save the extra pieces for to do in upgrades later on.  Before starting, I just want to give a HUGE thank you to two members of my local clan.  They helped with sizing, gave me some sintra, loaned me a heat gun, and gave literally tons of advice, without you guys it would've taken forever to get started!  Soooooo, for colours I was think the main colour would be aquamarine green with a silver and dusty green stripe and lime green shoulders.  (I might like green a bit!)  Fabric for the flightsuit is black, and the vest will be medium gray.

And now on to progress so far; most plates except for gauntlets, cod, and the sides of the knees are cut out and the edges are finished.  Also, I have boots, a gun to mod, and soft parts have been started.  Also the diamond needs to be trimmed cuz I cut it crooked. 

Here is a pic of my concept sketch:  (Please let me know if the pics work or not, I've never posted pics to a forum before.  Thanks!)

And a question, here is my model of the gauntlets, they will be made from sintra and will be slide on.  I just want to know if you guys think this design will work?

More pics to come!  Also, I have a beautiful bucket from NME, a small mercenary.  Thanks for any/all advice/criticism during this build, my goal is to apply in November of next year because that's the earliest possible date I can send my app in. 

Evaar'la

(or Em)

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017, 10:44 PM by Evaar'la Kal » Logged
WIP Thread!   http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82808.0

More pictures on Instagram: @evaarla_kal
Re: Evaar'la Kal's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2014, 02:32 AM »
Hey there! Also new on these forums- Looking forward to watching this progress! It might by my connection, but your pics aren't working. Good luck!

QMU #025 | Y.K.O.M.S #02/K.O.M.S #046 |MA #146 - 24er |Writer's Bloc #017

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2014, 06:01 AM »

Here is a pic of my concept sketch:

And a question, here is my model of the gauntlets, they will be made from sintra and will be slide on.  I just want to know if you guys think this design will work?

Concept looks good as do the gauntlets, although I'd think about rounding the corner just a tiny bit as you never know when kids will appear behind you and your elbow is at their head height.

Fixed the pics, make sure you use the links photobucket gives you in the little box (on the right usually on a full size browser) Use the direct link and then just encase it in the [img ] [/img ] tags.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Hey there! Also new on these forums- Looking forward to watching this progress! It might by my connection, but your pics aren't working. Good luck!

Thanks shanj! 

Concept looks good as do the gauntlets, although I'd think about rounding the corner just a tiny bit as you never know when kids will appear behind you and your elbow is at their head height.

Fixed the pics, make sure you use the links photobucket gives you in the little box (on the right usually on a full size browser) Use the direct link and then just encase it in the [img ]http://[/img ] tags.

Okay, thanks!  I cut an inch off the point and made it not so pointy, hopefully these pics work!

In the pic with it on my arm it looks really narrow, but it isn't.  There is room for two long sleeve shirts underneath.  Better?  Or should I make even smaller?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Those look good :D

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Haha, looks a lot like mine:

Make sure you can comfortably slide your hand in and out if it's all of a piece.  Try and get it off with gloves on - if you don't have the ones you're gonna use yet, try ones that are a similar weight.  Remember that paper is a lot more flexible than plastic - even if you can fit in and out of the paper template, you may not be able to once it's rigid.

If it looks too big around on your bare arm, it's probably about the right size.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2014, 12:33 AM »
They do look like yours!  Mine should slide on and off easily once formed, because the ends will not be connected.  It's kinda like a key ring shape, but with less overlap, that way they will flex nicely. 

Update!  All pieces are now cut out and the edges are sanded and finished, pics tomorrow  :) 

Edit:  Here are a couple pics, first are the pieces that I have finished shaping

Second, here is everything!

Soooooo, good?  Bad?

Evaar'la

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2014, 11:29 PM by Evaarla Kal » Logged

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2014, 07:59 AM »
Looking real good! Excited to see some color on those plates :P

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
Facebook | Instagram
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Love the concept, your armor looks great, can't wait to see this progress

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
Deathwatch Order #007
VRCA #61

Master Thread
Iron Phoenix Props

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2014, 11:19 AM »
Thanks guys!  :D

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:25 PM »
Okay, so a small update, everything is formed except the backplate!  But I forgot to extend the part that goes over the shoulders and connects to the collar plate  :'(  Also, what's a good glue for glueing sintra?  Pics soon!

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:29 PM »
Okay, so a small update, everything is formed except the backplate!  But I forgot to extend the part that goes over the shoulders and connects to the collar plate  :'(  Also, what's a good glue for glueing sintra?  Pics soon!

It depends on what you're gluing the sintra too.  If you're gluing sintra to sintra, I'd say plastic glue (you can get this at any hardware or hobby store) or rubber cement, or epoxy. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
Deathwatch Order #007
VRCA #61

Master Thread
Iron Phoenix Props

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Yes, it's just sintra to sintra.  I have to stick some knee pieces together, and I'm going to build a westar 35 from sintra too.

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2014, 12:43 AM »
theres a plastic cement that comes in a little metal can at home depot/any hard ware store probably, pvc cement, and it will hold sintra together like nobodies business. also loctite has a 5sec super glue that works wonders. i like using both... but thats just me :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2014, 02:41 PM »
Thanks!  Once I get an evening without soccer practice, I'll look for some.  The home depot is almost an hour away, but there are some local hardware stores here where I can look.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!