Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

woman armor concept

• 5 Replies

mk cln

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango
woman armor concept
« on: Nov 02, 2016, 07:25 AM »
goodmorning
i'm working for my girlfriend mando and i want to share my concept because i really need your advices !
in particular i would love to know if that chest set up can be approved and in the case cannot, how can i modify the shape of the pieces to become accettable. at the moment i molded che cups so this is the only piece i prefer to not modify xD
any comments or critics are highly appreciate, thanks all

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: woman armor concept
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2016, 08:31 AM »
Lot easier to see on the person as almost nobody is perfectly manequin size and shaped.

At first glance on there the chest plates look to be too low down on the body - the collar needs cutting down and the chest plates shifting upwards a couple of inches. However - since they're molded already - can you add to the top of them at all and shift the diamond up? If even that isn't an option I would heavily consider layering or trauma plating the collar to offset the fact that it is about twice as high as they usually are and will make the rest of the plates look like they're sitting too low.

Drawn out a rough positioning of where the plates tend to go. The red line is where the belts will likely sit - so try not to put plating lower than that.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

mk cln

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2016, 08:51 AM »
Lot easier to see on the person as almost nobody is perfectly manequin size and shaped.

At first glance on there the chest plates look to be too low down on the body - the collar needs cutting down and the chest plates shifting upwards a couple of inches. However - since they're molded already - can you add to the top of them at all and shift the diamond up? If even that isn't an option I would heavily consider layering or trauma plating the collar to offset the fact that it is about twice as high as they usually are and will make the rest of the plates look like they're sitting too low.

Drawn out a rough positioning of where the plates tend to go. The red line is where the belts will likely sit - so try not to put plating lower than that.

thank you a lot for reply.
That's want to be a different set up, while the one you sketched is a classic one.
So, maybe the best option is remaking it to be similar to the classic one? :)

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2016, 09:42 AM »
Nothing wrong with changing the positioning and shaping of plates. I tend to shift back to near classic with slight mods for our extra assets as a default when drawing up the base placement as its just easier. Main thing if you change around is to remain in the same area of space. if you lower the chest plates on the body and increase the collar size to gap fill - cut down the ab - don't just shift that down so that the armour is extra long and half under the belts. If you use a larger collar, give it something extra so the larger size looks part of the design such as it holding pauldrons (useful for offsetting larger helmets) or layer it, rather than just being a plain oversize collar. There are a lot of fem designs out there that have used different patterns - just work on finding a balance that isn't top or bottom heavy and work to your ladies frame rather than on a manequin unless they're the exact same size.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2016, 11:34 AM »
To the point of the larger collar, you could use an additional plate and layer it under the plate closer to the neck or add an extra plate to fill the space in.  Look at what other, approved, females have done for inspiration.  Post up some ideas you start to like so you can get feedback before you begin to spend time or money on it.  Talk to your Ruus'alor as well.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2016, 11:47 PM »
Enjoying the fact that you are making the chest armor look female by molding the cups. I do agree that the collar portion seems a little large. Can't wait to see more progress photos!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!