Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kryamla's Armor - Now with Upgrades!

• 240 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
Re: Kryamla's Armor WIP
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:30 PM »
I got all my armor, save for my shins and gauntlets, from Mandalorian Arsenal. Great products, definitely recommend!

Was it hard to reshape and trim? I have zero experience doing things like that and don't want to ruin it lol

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:33 AM »
It's sintra, so you can use a dremmel or a really heavy duty box cutter if you're more comfortable. And yeah, reshaping is really easy as long as you have a heat gun. I had to reshape most of the plates a bit so they fit me properly.

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
Facebook | Instagram
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:54 AM »
It's sintra, so you can use a dremmel or a really heavy duty box cutter if you're more comfortable. And yeah, reshaping is really easy as long as you have a heat gun. I had to reshape most of the plates a bit so they fit me properly.

That's a relief!

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:43 PM »
Yeah sintra is easy to work with, just go slow with your cutting. I usually use a very sharp exacto knife and the key is to make several light to medium cuts and let the blade do the work. If you try to force the cut on one path, you will definitely get hurt. Use a heat gun and slowly work it up until it just starts to get bendy and then start your bends, but go easy on the bending. You'll do ok.

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:56 AM »
Yeah sintra is easy to work with, just go slow with your cutting. I usually use a very sharp exacto knife and the key is to make several light to medium cuts and let the blade do the work. If you try to force the cut on one path, you will definitely get hurt. Use a heat gun and slowly work it up until it just starts to get bendy and then start your bends, but go easy on the bending. You'll do ok.

Okay that makes sense! Thank you for the advice! :)

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2015, 10:51 PM »
Meant to say on one pass...basically go over the same cut over and over again letting the blade cut through the layers. I use a ruler to guide the cuts the first few times and as they get deep, you can just let the cut guide the knife until you cut through.

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #21 on: Mar 30, 2015, 10:57 PM »
GUESS WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY?!

I'm super excited! I'll get pictures uploaded tomorrow with it on me! The chest pieces and knees are a pretty good fit, probably just a little trimming there. The collar plate and shoulders will need some trimming too. It's the back plate that does worry me a bit, it's much bigger than I anticipated.... So I'll need some help figuring out how to fix it... But gosh, I feel like a kid on Christmas!  ;D

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Mar 31, 2015, 01:07 AM »
Super cool vod!  The arrival of mando related packages is always very exciting  :D

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #23 on: Mar 31, 2015, 04:14 PM »
Yup, even better when the postmen ask what's in the package. I mean, can you imagine the look when you tell them it's your second set of breasts... :P
Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #24 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Super cool vod!  The arrival of mando related packages is always very exciting  :D

Yup, even better when the postmen ask what's in the package. I mean, can you imagine the look when you tell them it's your second set of breasts... :P
Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Haha wish I thought of that!

Here are some pictures of them taped on. I know I'll have to do some trimming and such, but I definitely want some opinions on how much.

The chest part near the diamond isn't exact even, so that'll need some adjustments

I only put one shoulder on, the other side is the exact same way. Definitely needs to be smaller

There was no good way of getting a picture of the back plate on me, I'll try to figure that out lol

Thoughts on what needs to be done?

« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2015, 07:56 PM by Kryamla Redalur » Logged

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Apr 02, 2015, 12:59 PM »
Trimming up the knees a bit will help, and I think the bottom of the ab plate. It looks a bit big on you. Everything else looks good. And remember, it's always easier to trim than to add, so I'd say it's a good thing the back plate is too big rather than the alternative :D

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
Facebook | Instagram
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #26 on: Apr 02, 2015, 03:45 PM »
Trimming up the knees a bit will help, and I think the bottom of the ab plate. It looks a bit big on you. Everything else looks good. And remember, it's always easier to trim than to add, so I'd say it's a good thing the back plate is too big rather than the alternative :D

Yeah definitely agree with the knees and ab. I'm thinking of marking it with sharpie and posting some pictures before I cut just to make sure it's good before I cut it lol. A clan member said i have to move up the collar, but then I run into the issue of having too much gap between the collar and the chest. So I may do what you did with the cleavage armor if that's okay? ...haha cleavage armor  :P

Sidi Ren

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #27 on: Apr 03, 2015, 03:20 PM »
Looks like it fits you really well. Curious though - how big is the shoulder from the side view. It doesn't look too big but if you were to move it down to the original positioning for shoulder bells it may be a bit big on you :) Otherwise looks great!

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #28 on: Apr 03, 2015, 09:45 PM »
Looks like it fits you really well. Curious though - how big is the shoulder from the side view. It doesn't look too big but if you were to move it down to the original positioning for shoulder bells it may be a bit big on you :) Otherwise looks great!

its like almost 1.5x-2x bigger than my shoulder but I like the over all shape so I think if I just cut it down with the same shape it'll be good.

But thank you very much for the feedback! It'll get there... One day :)

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Apr 15, 2015, 12:25 PM »
My girlfriend has large shoulders like that and she left them up like that to cover the gap between the back and collar plate. Just a thought.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!