Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kryamla's Armor - Now with Upgrades!

• 240 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
Re: Kryamla's Armor WIP
« Reply #30 on: Apr 15, 2015, 12:58 PM »
My girlfriend has large shoulders like that and she left them up like that to cover the gap between the back and collar plate. Just a thought.

Hmm, never thought of that. Do you think it would be okay if the collar plate (which is being remade) and the shoulders over lap a little? I

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #31 on: Apr 15, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Don't see why not. There are certain styles where they have to even for guys armor. That I've seen approved numerous times. An overlap like that just needs to look intentional. Like how you had it sitting high up the shoulder. If it just barely overlapped or was right next to it I don't think it would fly. Your placement looked fine though. Why are you remaking the collar?.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #32 on: Apr 15, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Don't see why not. There are certain styles where they have to even for guys armor. That I've seen approved numerous times. An overlap like that just needs to look intentional. Like how you had it sitting high up the shoulder. If it just barely overlapped or was right next to it I don't think it would fly. Your placement looked fine though. Why are you remaking the collar?.

I don't think that one fits my body the best. Plus, I think it'll need to be talle in order to follow the thumbs width apart rule. I was told to bring it up and if I do that I have a two inch gap between the bottom of the collar and the top of the chest. I traced out a new collar design on some paper, I'm hoping to get a picture up tonight to see what everyone thinks.

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want...
  • Awards Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
« Reply #33 on: Apr 16, 2015, 01:34 AM »
I actually kind of like the shoulders overlapping the collar part. (assuming you can cut it down to fit your shoulder) But maybe I'm just used to medieval armor. lol

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: Apr 16, 2015, 10:26 AM »
I don't think that one fits my body the best. Plus, I think it'll need to be talle in order to follow the thumbs width apart rule. I was told to bring it up and if I do that I have a two inch gap between the bottom of the collar and the top of the chest. I traced out a new collar design on some paper, I'm hoping to get a picture up tonight to see what everyone thinks.

Instead of completely redoing your collar, have you considered adding a plate to fill the space between the collar and chest plates?  I know you said your current collar doesn't fit the best but you could reshape it with a heatgun.  Also, I like the look of the overlapping shoulder   :D

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #35 on: Apr 16, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Yeah I have thought about that... The double collar is looking more and more appealing lol and I think I might try to trim it down before I make a new one. Might as well give it ago!

And you know, I'm thinking I like the over lapping too now that I'm looking it all over, I think if I trim the collar down it'll look pretty cool :)

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #36 on: Apr 19, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Got some major work done! I trimmed the collar and back plate. Those will need to be re shaped so I don't have any pictures of those just yet

But I did the base paint and the main layer of paint:

Some of the silver base got a little runny so that'll have to be sanded down and fixed but overall, pretty excited :) I put some Vaseline in spots for the weathering later, I'm going for a more subtle look with damage and such

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #37 on: Apr 19, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Love the colors! As always, looking forward to more progress :D

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
Facebook | Instagram
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Aria

• Awards Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
« Reply #38 on: Apr 19, 2015, 06:06 PM »
Looking great so far!  :D

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Apr 20, 2015, 09:42 PM »
The colours you chose are so pretty!  I can't wait to see what else you're working on

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #40 on: Apr 20, 2015, 11:12 PM »
Thank you so much everyone! Progress will be slow this week since I'm out of town but when I get back expect more! :)

I plan on black/brown washing everything to dirty it up a it and making it less bright, but I'm going for minor weathering similar to Jango's. So I hear acrylic paint works best for this, but does anyone know of a thread or video that has a little explanation? Or can help me with it? I think I understand but I just might need a little direction with it lol

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #41 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:41 PM »
I'd say take some silver enamel and drybrush the edges and any raised parts, then take brown and black acrylic and mix it with a little water and dab a paper towel in it and whip it around on the the plate. rub off excess with a wet paper towel and layer how you want. I'd say do the brown first then black for the look you want.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #42 on: Apr 23, 2015, 06:00 PM »
I'd say take some silver enamel and drybrush the edges and any raised parts, then take brown and black acrylic and mix it with a little water and dab a paper towel in it and whip it around on the the plate. rub off excess with a wet paper towel and layer how you want. I'd say do the brown first then black for the look you want.

Perfect! Thank you so much :) this helps a lot!

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 06:27 PM »
Update:
Base color, main color and beginning of weathering!

Still to do:
-black/brown wash
-shape back plate
-paint back plate

Thoughts?

Aria

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 02:11 AM »
It looks cool so far! I can't wait to see the back/brown wash and how that comes out. It should look amazing.

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!