Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kryamla's Armor - Now with Upgrades!

• 240 Replies

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: Kryamla's Armor WIP
« Reply #75 on: Aug 04, 2015, 01:56 AM »
Pretty helmet!! She's looking really nice. I'm so excited to see you finish!! (I've heard window insulation foam works great in helmets, BTW  ;) )

Yes! Yes you are! :)
Deal! This is going to happen.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #76 on: Aug 04, 2015, 11:31 PM »
Pretty helmet!! She's looking really nice. I'm so excited to see you finish!! (I've heard window insulation foam works great in helmets, BTW  ;) )
Deal! This is going to happen.

Thanks! And good! Looking forward to that! :D

Ah!  ;D

So a couple of issues I ran into... The inside where the visor sits against the inside of the helmet isn't super smooth which doesn't allow the visor to rest smoothly against the cheeks. So I have to take visor out and sand it a bit; it's not really a big deal since its glued in with hot glue. I was just so excited to see what it would all look like! :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #77 on: Aug 04, 2015, 11:41 PM »
It looks absolutely bad-shebs!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Aria

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #78 on: Aug 05, 2015, 01:01 AM »
How awesome do you feel when you put your helmet on??!!

I had the same problem with my visor, so it must be a common thing.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #79 on: Aug 05, 2015, 10:21 AM »
I went back a few pages but didn't see it-- where did you get your helmet??

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #80 on: Aug 05, 2015, 10:34 AM »
Your helmet looks great, I love the colors and the mirrored visor.

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #81 on: Aug 05, 2015, 03:05 PM »
How awesome do you feel when you put your helmet on??!!

I had the same problem with my visor, so it must be a common thing.

I feel so awesome! Like I'm read to kick butt and take names!
I went back a few pages but didn't see it-- where did you get your helmet??

I bought this helmet from dha bral. He's from Michigan, but he has a thread on the boards here too. Molon labe studios.

Your helmet looks great, I love the colors and the mirrored visor.

Thank you so very much!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #82 on: Aug 05, 2015, 03:50 PM »
I feel so awesome! Like I'm read to kick butt and take names!

Are you all outta bubble gum?

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #83 on: Aug 05, 2015, 06:41 PM »
Are you all outta bubble gum?

Most definitely! :laugh:

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #84 on: Aug 05, 2015, 08:11 PM »
Love how this is coming along. Great work.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #85 on: Aug 08, 2015, 09:17 PM »
Love how this is coming along. Great work.

Thank you! :)

Alright so I'm working on my gauntlets. The first set for me will be pretty basic and I hope to upgrade once I have more skillz/a place to do crazy stuff (I.e. Learn to fiberglass/bondo ). I've only done one because I wanted to opinions of everyone before I went ahead on the second one. I plan to use Velcro to keep them closed (if that's allowed) as well as adding some padding inside so they don't slip around. But here's what I got so far...

Top of gauntlet

Bottom of gauntlet

Look ma! No hands! *apologizes for bad pun*

So... Think this will be okay?

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #86 on: Aug 08, 2015, 10:17 PM »
That should all be fine. What did you make them out of?

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #87 on: Aug 08, 2015, 10:42 PM »
That should all be fine. What did you make them out of?

Sintra. I can't remember how thick it is. 3mm perhaps? *ponders*

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #88 on: Aug 08, 2015, 10:46 PM »
Keep up the good work. 

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Aria

« Reply #89 on: Aug 08, 2015, 11:51 PM »
Looks good so far. I used valcro on my gaunts, I like it a lot better then the other options....but that might just be me.

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #90 on: Aug 09, 2015, 12:08 AM »
Thanks all!

I did use Velcro and then I got thinking... Since they will be so plain Jane initially, I wanted to add a little pizazz. So I got some spare pleather I had and cut it into strips to wrap around the gauntlets. They won't be tied once done (planning on adding snaps so they will always be the same), but this is more to show the look I'm going for. Eventually the gauntlets will be painted dark purple like my shoulders and knees so I think the white strips will add a little something.

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Aria

« Reply #91 on: Aug 09, 2015, 10:44 PM »
I think they look cool!

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #92 on: Aug 11, 2015, 11:40 PM »
Those look great!!

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #93 on: Aug 12, 2015, 02:18 AM »
I think they look cool!
Those look great!!

Thanks! :) hoping to get more work done soon!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #94 on: Aug 20, 2015, 08:13 PM »
Painted my gauntlets and padded them. Might need a little more padding added...

Slowly checking things off the list: back needs to be painted, range finder assembled/painted, waiting for my (new) vest to finished so I can attach my plates. I'm getting excited! :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mercy

« Reply #95 on: Aug 20, 2015, 10:50 PM »
Here I am , late to the party.
Love the color choice. Looks great. You are just waaaaaaay too shiny and clean! :)
If you haven't already trimmed the shoulders, you might try mounting them in closer to the neck by an inch or so. this would position them a bit more horizontally, but the overall width would be right on. (but I am partial to double shoulder plates, so you can consider that idea or not :) )

The plates in the picture seem to be hanging low and resting on the belt. Not bad necessarily, but  If you haven't already mounted them, try raising the whole thing, chest and ab, up two inches or more. Then stand tall and straight, shoulders back, chest puffed out like a peacock, and see how it looks.

You feel like a Mando Marine now?   HOOAH!!

You know who I am. Even a monster such as you has nightmares.
Before you die...say my name...

Master Build Thread

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #96 on: Aug 20, 2015, 11:08 PM »
Thanks for the feedback mercy! Clean and shiny are what I'm going for! The less is more look for me lol

About moving the chest and such up... Not really possible because of some things lol but to fill the gap I'm planning on another "collar plate". I'm currently waiting on a new vest from Sidi Ren that will be made from a stiffer material to help hold the plates up... Hopefully lol but if not some trimming will be in store lol. As to the shoulders... Haven't trimmed them yet, planning on it though. I have thought about a double shoulder, but I'd have to acquire some sintra... Oh the possibilities :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Aria

« Reply #97 on: Aug 24, 2015, 12:33 AM »
Love the gaunts! The white looks so nice against the purple. Pictures of the whole kit again soon???

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #98 on: Aug 24, 2015, 12:46 AM »
Thanks for the feedback mercy! Clean and shiny are what I'm going for! The less is more look for me lol

Clean?? clean???? cleeeaaannn.... nope, not sure what that means...  :P :P
I jest... kits looking great vod! after trying to figure out my girlfriend's chest armor and collar plate.. I feel your pain... the filler plate should fit your needs nicely.  :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #99 on: Aug 24, 2015, 10:31 PM »
Clean?? clean???? cleeeaaannn.... nope, not sure what that means...  :P :P
I jest... kits looking great vod! after trying to figure out my girlfriend's chest armor and collar plate.. I feel your pain... the filler plate should fit your needs nicely.  :)

Haha I know I know! I've always really loved how jango's armor looked well used but maintained so I was going for something similar to that. Maybe one I'll go crazy and get a little dirty lol

But thank you! eventually I'd like to remake the chest pieces to go a little higher and then only need one collar plate but for now, it shall suffice :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!