Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Got some mercs on the local news here

• 1 Replies

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Got some mercs on the local news here
« on: Oct 18, 2014, 04:41 PM »
http://www.counton2.com/story/26797475/star-wars-reads-day-strikes-in-the-lowcountry#.VD_IJrxirT8.facebook

I host karaoke shows and two weeks ago I had a very drunk, impatient jerk to deal with. He was celebrating his birthday, which is something I see at least twice a week. He told me he worked for the local TV station and if I gave him and his friends special treatment, he'd promote my business. It's the type of thing that, when you're sober, sounds ridiculous. Why can't he wait in line to sing like everyone else? Why would I want to be promoted as someone who treats minor celebrities better than regular customers?

After last call and the music was off, I said to the guy, "if you want to promote something, here's a worthwhile cause for the news." I told him about Star Wars Reads Day. I got his number and set him 2 images as text messages. First was the official poster from the County Library (with all the details about the event) and second was a picture I've posted here (in my introduction) of Official Mandalorian Einn Karel, 501st member TB-11701 and my girlfriend and me in our unapproved Mando armor. I sent that pic because the Death Star hallway wall I built looks really good in it, and I was planning to set that up at the library. I didn't realize he'd take that photo to the station and use it as the title card for the story. So, here it is... 3 mandos and a biker scout on the Death Star.

They covered the event well, and caught Misstori's Mando in there. I was wearing my Biker Scout, but there were 3 of us there, so I couldn't tell if I was the one who made it into the actual news video.

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Syper

• Mess with the bull....you get the Battle-Horn!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Got some mercs on the local news here
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2014, 02:57 PM »
Very cool

MMCC #1021
Bearded Mando #89
IT-Mando #12
Protector Battalion #37
Syperís WIP - SYPER's Pre-Pro 2 Build - Syper's Boba Fett Jet Pack Effect

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!