Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jump pack

• 1 Replies
Jump pack
« on: Oct 21, 2014, 03:38 PM »
As i'm saving money for my kit, I did some cleaning and I found an old purifier that no longer works. Going with an assassin loadout, I don't think I would be using a full jet pack, however a small, short-burst jump pack would be more plausable.
My initial plan is to gut this and of course modify it. The dial and switches would be pointing outwards of course, and the main vent would be downwards.

I also have two steel cages (for lack of better word) from some toilet bowl brushes that I was thinking of attaching to the bottom for the jet's housing.
Do you think this could work for a small jump pack?

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
Re: Jump pack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2014, 11:49 PM »
I guess I'm having a hard time visualizing where the cages would go.  Also, depends on the size of the purifier unit.  If its slender, and stream lined, I would assume it wouldn't be a problem.  I'm not a member of the app team, so my word isn't gospel.  From what I can see though, I would open it up all the way, and only use one of the halves, since I'm assuming that's about 12"x20"x8".  You would also have to cut the grate at the bottom in half and then mount it all on something, I suggest cardboard at the very least (you can do some amazing things with cardboard if you're creative enough).  But that's all assuming you can do that with the way it's put together.  There might be something holding it all together on the inside that I can't see (I've run into that before and had to rethink the entire setup).  I also highly suggest keeping all the little do-dads inside.  You never know what might make a great greebly down the road.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!