Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Which is offers more flexibility?

• 4 Replies
Which is offers more flexibility?
« on: Oct 24, 2014, 01:05 PM »
Flexibility wise, which is better? Legacy style plates or modern plates? I don't mean in universe, but rather functionally, in the real world.

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Which is offers more flexibility?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2014, 07:29 PM »
I also tend to say legacy depending on how you mount your chest...

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2014, 08:31 PM »
This is a good question, though I wager it comes down to how you attach the plates to your flak vest. For example, Legacy should be more flexible, unless you make the plates all attach to each other, effectively making one single plate. Then standard is more flexible. Personally, if you do legacy I recomend searching out the V2 version, which Ohl'd Vart created for his son, I'm getting ready to use them right now.

Xaviorbat is correct...it depends on how you mount them. On the plates I designed, my son made his a single unit by attaching the lames to each other....I have seen people use a webbing suspension system between the plates, too, so they would have some flexibility.

All in all, it's an "aesthetic" thing...the V.1 Legacy make you look like a tank, and the V.2 (mine) are tapered to give the illusion of a thinner waist....one reason why I made them, is because I'm on the 'heavy' side myself, and wanted a chest design that would help detract from my wide qualities....something a Modern set won't do very well.

The link to all the versions are in my sig below...it's a tutorial page. ;)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2014, 08:52 PM »
Is there a reason you want increased flexibility? I can do all the stuff I normally do in my armor. I wouldn't say these costumes are particularly restrictive.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Is there a reason you want increased flexibility? I can do all the stuff I normally do in my armor. I wouldn't say these costumes are particularly restrictive.
Oh, I'm not particularly looking for increased flexibility. I was just curious.
Xaviorbat is correct...it depends on how you mount them. On the plates I designed, my son made his a single unit by attaching the lames to each other....I have seen people use a webbing suspension system between the plates, too, so they would have some flexibility.

All in all, it's an "aesthetic" thing...the V.1 Legacy make you look like a tank, and the V.2 (mine) are tapered to give the illusion of a thinner waist....one reason why I made them, is because I'm on the 'heavy' side myself, and wanted a chest design that would help detract from my wide qualities....something a Modern set won't do very well.

The link to all the versions are in my sig below...it's a tutorial page. ;)

Rob
Thanks, I was gonna ask, bur you linked it already.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!