Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hasbro Rebels E-11 (should call it an E-10) build

• 25 Replies

Zekk Voss

• Talyc-Cuyan, the crack-shot speed junkie Mando
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Hasbro Rebels E-11 (should call it an E-10) build
« on: Oct 31, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Yet another weapon build thread from yours truly! 

Fortunately (and somewhat unfortunately) this weapon is pretty good to go out of the box.  I say unfortunately as the folding stock isn't as long as it should be for an adult, and it has incongruencies that wouldn't be price friendly to fix.  The barrel is actually longer than normal, the reciever is shorter than normal, but the grip is actually the right size for my huge hands. 

So, I'm going to roll with the incongruencies and yield it as an adaptable E-11 variant suited for multiple ranges due to the front part of the gun being removable.

I'm going to make a shroud that covers the area where darts are typically loaded (another reason to dub it as a variant), and I've just now drilled holes where there should be holes that wouldn't break the gun.  So the stock has perforations in it, and the sights look like proper Sterling sights as of now.

I'd be painting it right now as I gotta have it ready for that con tomorrow, but it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow and the rain isn't letting up.   ???

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2014, 08:03 AM by Zekk Voss » Logged
Re: Hasbro Rebels E-11 build
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2014, 08:33 PM »
I was just wondering how those would work. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

~ Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe ~

Zekk Voss

« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2014, 08:48 PM »
Thanks for the support!

Okay, got the nerf dart loading port cover cut, sanded, and attached.  I think it fits pretty well with the overall look of the gun, looking like the other heat sinks and sitting flush with the top of the separation ring.

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2014, 08:54 PM by Zekk Voss » Logged

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Looking good, vod. Been kicking around getting one of these, and was curious about what needed to be done.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2014, 10:18 PM »
Got the same gun, I'll be closely scrutinising what you do with it  8) I too have noticed the stock lenght, but truth be told... it was never aimed for us at first :P and it would have been a weird conception to have the folded stock reach out further than the main gun does without the barrel because, well... it can be wielded like that by younger mandos!

CAT #1573

Zekk Voss

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2014, 10:25 PM »
Looking good, vod. Been kicking around getting one of these, and was curious about what needed to be done.

I gotta say a good thing about it is that it leaves the loading chamber cover up to personal preference, so you could get pretty creative.  Once I fill in the screw holes I think it would be pretty fieldable after painting.  Good for a nice, cheap, quick build.

Indeed that is true Nevar!

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2014, 08:04 AM by Zekk Voss » Logged

Zekk Voss

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2014, 09:01 PM »
So, I finished it in a rushed manner as I had to get it all finished in the few hours I had before my first con. 
I can say for a fact now, this build is really cost effective, easy, and has great potential for good looks with minimal modification.
I didn't fill in the screw holes due to the before mentioned time issue.

Drilled out the front and rear parts of the scope with a dremel and sanded with a sanding wheel.

Took out the trigger and sanded out the lower rear part so it actually looks like a trigger.

Painted the base coat of silver, then applied toothpaste when it was dry using reference images.  No pics of this, was in too much of a rush, sorry.

Here's the final product, after sanding the black basecoat to make it look more metallic.

If you're thinking about doing this and have the basic costuming tools to make a Mando kit, I say go for it.  this was extremely easy.

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2014, 09:22 PM »
Looks like I found my next project... ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Zekk Voss

« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2014, 09:29 PM »
Looks like I found my next project... ;D
Go for it Vod!  want to link your build thread in here if you're going to have one?

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2014, 08:05 AM by Zekk Voss » Logged

Straka Zulu

« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2014, 10:20 PM »
If I start a wip, sure.  ;D

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2014, 01:58 AM »
That is an absolutely gorgeous mod. There are so many differences to an actual E-11 (before or after modding) I just can't bring myself to call it that. I looked at it, and -- while I don't have terminology for it... yet... -- I like to consider it an immediate predecessor to the E-11. If the designation is from Imperial Procurement or something, then maybe this is the E-10. *heh*. I like the longer barrel. I don't know about that ring-thing halfway along it. I can see some of the things I'd do to fiddle with it, from the work you did. Loving the work you did on the scope. I think i would try something to make the stock arms longer. You said you've got big hands -- wondering how it sits against your shoulder with the stock deployed.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Zekk Voss

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Thanks for the compliments vod!  I do like the sound of E-10.  Considering the fact that rebels takes place several years before ANH, I think that calling it the E-10 would be a fair assessment.  As for how it sits with the stock extended, it is about 9 centimeters shorter than I would like it to be.  That same 9 centimeters would put it at the right place folded on the front section of the barrel.  If you've got any ideas of how to mod it to get it to a good length, feel free to post here.  I agree, I do enjoy the extended barrel.  Regarding the middle ring, it's actually a pretty comfortable place to put the back of your front hand on when holding it, it almost functions like a mini angled grip in that regard. 

By the way, I've got some plastic lenses I'm going to put in the scope.  I'll get back to you guys on that!  :D

Since I'm posting again, here's some pictures of the E-10 in action.

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2014, 08:09 AM by Zekk Voss » Logged

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
Re: Hasbro Rebels E-11 (should call it an E-10) build
« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2014, 11:06 AM »
you did almost exactly what I'm planning on.  Good to know it's been tested before I head into it though.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2014, 11:28 AM »
I see you also kept the original clip/cocking handle. I felt it was too small for my taste, do you feel the same way about it?

CAT #1573

Zekk Voss

« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2014, 01:05 PM »
I see you also kept the original clip/cocking handle. I felt it was too small for my taste, do you feel the same way about it?
I agree.  Had I more time and something to replace it with I'd have swapped it out.  Based with how that's mounted on there, you could probably just make a sintra magwell and powerpack and attach it to there.

Zekk Voss

« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2014, 01:33 PM »
I put a lens in the scope!

It was initially twice as big, so what I did was marked the plastic (it came off of toy binocs) and sanded the lens down to a square.  Then I sanded it on a metal file by rotating and dragging... this process took a while, so if you go down the same path, I suggest you have something queued up on Netflix.  I used the process to catch up on Rebels.  Make sure you keep checking the size of the lens on the gun- if you want it to look proper, it's going to have to be set in a bit, so it's nice to have a ledge that is smaller in diameter from the rearmost opening.  It doesn't have to be that big of a diameter change, so if there wasn't one before you can simply go back with your dremel and sand accordingly.

I decided to scuff it up to reflect the rest of the gun's weathering.

I feel like I'm playing Battlefront again...

Gotta seal that top gap at some point.

I recommend that you take the time to find some crappy binoculars and do this step.  The zoom I achieved (~2x) made it impossible to see that ungainly support at the top of the inner scope from most any angle, which annoyed me greatly.  In addition, if you align it properly you will actually look right out of the lower sight hole as seen in the pics, which is cool in my opinion whether it's focused or not.

For those of you who don't know, scope lenses go convex out. 

« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2014, 07:33 AM by Zekk Voss » Logged

Peregrinus

« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2014, 03:09 AM »
A lot of good info can be found here. Should be able to find some useful ideas for the shoulder stock following one or more of the links there.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Zekk Voss

« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2014, 07:38 AM »
Thanks for the link!  I'll what I can gather up.

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #18 on: Nov 03, 2014, 08:20 AM »
Awesome build. Think I might pick one of these up when they hit the UK (have they? idk).

Think I'd have to address the stock, but as you say, this is a good base to work and experiment with. Thanks for sharing Vod! :D

Peregrinus

« Reply #19 on: Nov 03, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Oo -- another thought... With the shorter barrel and the folding stock instead of fixed, that's a long way toward maybe being some sort of carbine version of the DLT-19...

--Jonah

MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Peregrinus

« Reply #20 on: Nov 03, 2014, 02:13 PM »
Don't know how much cash you want to put into this, but there's also always the real deal. ;)

--Jonah

MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Zekk Voss

« Reply #21 on: Nov 03, 2014, 04:54 PM »
Don't know how much cash you want to put into this, but there's also always the real deal. ;)

--Jonah

I had been considering it, my only concern would be if it would actually fit where the current stock is mounted, then there's figuring out a way to get it to stay in place in either position.

Peregrinus

« Reply #22 on: Nov 03, 2014, 05:33 PM »
The ferrule where it mounts is within a fraction of an inch of the original grip (toy has it separate, where the original grip extends rearward far enough to enclose/include the stock swivel). It's hard to see because it's white, but it looks like the butt cap has the sockets to lock the stock into its deployed position. Is this so?

How familiar are you with the action of the original submachine gun's stock? No springs. When you stow it, you swing it up under the barrel sleeve and, when you've got the gun resting on the stock, you fold the bracing bar flat, which locks it into a slot in the underside of the barrel sleeve. Watch this video at about the 1:55 mark to see how it folds up. A little fiddling may be required to make things fit, but overall I think not much.

--Jonah

« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2014, 06:06 PM by Peregrinus » Logged
MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Zekk Voss

« Reply #23 on: Nov 03, 2014, 06:03 PM »
The ferrule where it mounts is within a fraction of an inch of the original grip (toy has it separate, where the original grip extends rearward far enough to enclose/include the stock swivel). It's hard to see because it's white, but it looks like the butt cap has the sockets to lock the stock into its deployed position. Is this so?

How familiar are you with the action of the original submachine gun's stock? No springs. When you stow it, you swing it up under the barrel sleeve and, when you've got the gun resting on the stock, you fold the bracing bar flat, which locks it into a slot in the underside of the barrel sleeve. Watch this video[/i] at about the 1:55 mark to see how it folds up. A little fiddling may be required to make things fit, but overall I think not much.

--Jonah

Never personally handled one, but this is interesting.  The toy does indeed have a nub right where the lower receiver and barrel sleeve meet, and has two sockets on the buttcap.  It just might work with little modification.  However, to get it to fold up right, you'd need to cut into the separation ring in the middle of the gun. 

I just came up with a more cost friendly idea for extending the stock.  What could be done quite quickly is to cut off the bar that attaches to the shoulder rest at the base of the U-ring and right before the last support bar in the underside of said bar.  What you would then do is take a block of wood to match the dimensions of the bar that comes off of the U-shape, and then cut the length of the wooden bar you're making to your desired length.  Then, sand the part attached to the shoulder rest so that the support bar is flush with what would now be the end of that bar.  Next, drill holes  into the wooden block to match the pattern used on the real gun, and then paint accordingly.  After that's all done, get some tiny diameter screws.  Using two at both ends, drill into the block of the wood through the plastic.  That should hold pretty well, look good, and sit comfortably.  You'd have to cut the separation ring accordingly, of course.

Now to find some wood...

« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2014, 06:12 PM by Zekk Voss » Logged

Sgtmac

• Peace through superior firepower...
« Reply #24 on: Feb 24, 2015, 07:36 AM »
I was working on E-11s with a homemade folding stock.  A trip to lowes, and some plastic bar stock, 2 head screws, metal washers, glue of choice, and rare earth magnets and ive made a workable folding stock.   Feel free to try the idea in my bang sticks thread if your still looking at other things to tinker with.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!