Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor planning, looking for your input...

• 4 Replies

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
Armor planning, looking for your input...
« on: Nov 06, 2014, 08:52 PM »
Hello everybody,

So far I'm working on the helmet.  Used WoF template and a bicycle helmet for the dome.  The first coat of resin is drying as I'm writing this.

Planning on using PVC board for my future armor.  Going for Modern era, light armor with biceps and shin plates(might fall in the medium armor not sure?).

Looking for your opinions on some of the Mandomakers shots I did?

Bucket shots:

Armor shots:

Sorry for the crapy image, I could not figure out how to save a screen shot on my computer so I use my phone.

I'm just wondering what you think?  I will start a wip for my armor as soon as my helmet is done.

Thanks for your help.

Omitothehunter36

• "Just a humble bounty hunter, ma'am"
Re: Armor planning, looking for your input...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2014, 10:15 PM »
I like the grey and red one with the white visor outline (second from bottom). It might look better if you add the thigh armor (it looks incomplete since you added the shin guards and boot covers). But that's just a suggestion.

"I was flyin' a KSE since...long before anybody paid me to. I just liked it."
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:29 PM »
Wow! Talk about catching the bug!! Tree cool, Little Brother.   ;D

Did you get a source for the sintra? Call me, I might have news...

See you next week!!!

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2014, 03:03 PM »
Hello everyone,

Well, the buy's is almost done so time to work on the armor. 

Right now I'm looking for some advises regarding sizing, I think it may be just a bit too big.  Keep in mind that the templates are not formed.

Thank you for your help.

Balou

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Sizing looks good to me, you might trip the side of the collar but it would pass as is.

Keep up the work it's looking good.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!