Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Maldemar Layari WIP and upgrades Pg 14

• 209 Replies

Maldemar

• There's the simple way, then there's my way.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Maldemar Layari WIP Heavy Steel Kit. Pic Heavy Update pg 9
« Reply #125 on: Sep 23, 2015, 08:53 PM »
So besides painting the thighs, do you even have anything left before you're ready to submit app photos?

The short todo list for app ready is
-smooth the thigh plates a bit more if i can.
-strap or fixing for the lower thigh, currently held in place by tied leather thonging.
-fix proper loops to the top of the thigh segments as they're currently just tied to the belt using the excess from the rivet straps.
-As mentioned, paint the thighs.
-Fix the cod which is sitting way further out from the the body than it should hence also messing up the kama, the leather loops on the back need redoing, relatively simple job just pain in the shebs
-Finish latch for second gaunt, in the pics one is being held by leather still, the other is held by a hook and loop.
-weather the vest leather to match the chest plates
-make a girth belt

Everything else can be added or improved after app.  :)

Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #126 on: Sep 23, 2015, 11:20 PM »
Sweet. Shouldn't take you too long ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Maldemar

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #127 on: Sep 29, 2015, 03:36 PM »
Update to my todo list :P
The short todo list for app ready is
-strap or fixing for the lower thigh, currently held in place by tied leather thonging.
-fix proper loops to the top of the thigh segments as they're currently just tied to the belt using the excess from the rivet straps.
-Fix the cod which is sitting way further out from the the body than it should hence also messing up the kama, the leather loops on the back need redoing, relatively simple job just pain in the shebs
-Finish latch for second gaunt, in the pics one is being held by leather still, the other is held by a hook and loop.
-make a girth belt

additionally
-repainted and weathered the gaunts, they'll weather more with time and naturally bashing into things. but looking good for now.
-also while i haven't completed the strap to hold the thigh plates in, i have made a good start with elastic, just need to make a second fabric sleeve to hide the elastic and await new order of snaps to attach the opening side.
-Also also :P completed further flank armour

And the gaunts

Also amusing how my thigh and waist harness freestands without me. Flatmando doesn't work so much for me :P

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020, 06:52 PM by Maldemar » Logged
Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #128 on: Sep 29, 2015, 03:42 PM »
I just went through your whole thread with my mouth hanging wide open...seriously amazing kit.  Those thigh plates are a work of art.  Super nice job vod!!! 

Maldemar

« Reply #129 on: Oct 02, 2015, 12:08 PM »
Colourful thigh update!

Remaining todolist for app
-make a girth belt

Reckon i can make use of some fabric for a sash/girth belt, shall see how that looks shortly, then app shall be imminent muhahaha  8)
Oh and the thigh's will be damaged too, but that's just 5 minutes with a hammer and pickaxe then a little blackwash for good measure ;)

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020, 06:53 PM by Maldemar » Logged
Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Maldemar

« Reply #130 on: Oct 03, 2015, 05:28 PM »
Made a good start on the girth belt/sash today, started out as a fabric sash, some overengineering and figuring why not, later... Full on girth belt after all heh  ;)

Also for a bit of fun today, tried to set out a flatmando pic (i.e. full kit layed out without you in it) possible first prize for  least flat flatmando ever hehehe

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020, 06:55 PM by Maldemar » Logged
Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #131 on: Oct 03, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Ahahaha! Just as long as he doesn't stand up and come after you, you should be okay :P

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Maldemar

« Reply #132 on: Oct 03, 2015, 06:03 PM »
Ahahaha! Just as long as he doesn't stand up and come after you, you should be okay :P

(ded img Ultron meme)

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020, 06:57 PM by Maldemar » Logged
Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #133 on: Oct 03, 2015, 06:24 PM »
I don't know, I think Dresden's kit might be less flat just by virtue of him being more barrel chested than you and thus needing more room between the back and front plates

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #134 on: Oct 03, 2015, 06:48 PM »
Not long till you're ready to app in surely? Looking good  ;)

Maldemar

« Reply #135 on: Oct 04, 2015, 07:14 AM »
Not long till you're ready to app in surely? Looking good  ;)

Yup, just got to finish the girth belt and it'll be pre-app/app photo time   :D

Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #136 on: Oct 04, 2015, 07:19 AM »
I don't know, I think Dresden's kit might be less flat just by virtue of him being more barrel chested than you and thus needing more room between the back and front plates

Yeah but dresdons plates are mounted to a vest. which flexes s when laid down flat the chest caves in and compresses, Mal'ika is pretty much free standing armour. because f the shape.

Btw loving everything. Kit looks great. go get some pouches for a belt and you're pretty much done. remember you now need 2 belt items  out of:
girth/sash, holster belt (whch now thinking of it i think you have but too late i've typed this far), and ammo belt.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Talos Kot

• Cry Havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war !
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #138 on: Oct 04, 2015, 12:55 PM »
Dresdon wishes his kit was more like Malika! His causes him injury and I'm sure more limited movement! But I'm sure he doesn't mind being a large machine rather than agile, but it has its tradeoffs  :P

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Oryon

• Ωryon: Honourable Duelist and Deathwatch Hunter
« Reply #139 on: Oct 04, 2015, 01:21 PM »
Woah, this kit is incredible! You've got some serious talent on the segmented plates, vod.

M.A.D. #031    M.A. #087    24er    M.A.B.E.L. #020    M.L.C.S. #19    WIP    Helmet

Maldemar

« Reply #140 on: Oct 04, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Thanks everyone!  :)

Time for some preapp pics:

Obviously for the actual app i shall remember to shift the hair aside, the rest of the thread shows the backplate without my hairy obstruction tho for you guys :P

I can see a few minor things i want to tweak already but i'd rather hear everything people can see and have to say :)

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020, 06:59 PM by Maldemar » Logged
Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Maldemar Layari WIP Heavy Steel Kit. Preapp pg 10
« Reply #141 on: Oct 04, 2015, 03:04 PM »
I just Wish the pics Were a Bit Clearer .... Really Can't See any Detail at all .. :(

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #142 on: Oct 04, 2015, 06:22 PM »
Also your Diamond needs to be centered in it's space, right now it looks to be sitting on the edge of the plates around it. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Ally93

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #143 on: Oct 05, 2015, 04:35 AM »
I think all in all, apart from the diamond needing a slight adjustment, your kit is looking stunning. Id even say you look ready to submit into the App Team.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam - A warrior is more than his armor

Maldemar

« Reply #144 on: Oct 06, 2015, 02:18 PM »
Made a few adjustments to kama, girth belt/ sash combo, and chest weathering.
So i'm Putting my app in now
Behold!

The Gun is a verp originaly used by kris but she has new and better ones for her kit so it's Maldemar's until i finish my pair of pistols.

Also your Diamond needs to be centered in it's space, right now it looks to be sitting on the edge of the plates around it. 
That would seem to be an illusion created by the black charring of the burned vest  looking like continuation of plate, i've weathered the blast on the steel to emphasize this and taken a clearer close up shot:

Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Maldemar Layari WIP Heavy Steel Kit. App pics pg10
« Reply #145 on: Oct 06, 2015, 05:22 PM »
looking good vod!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Koshin Kast

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #147 on: Oct 11, 2015, 08:31 AM »
Really nice :)

First WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79379.0

Koshin Kuat Mk2  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=89548.0

Mk3 Koshin Kast 'Coming soon'

OM  #1095
 V.O.T.S  #39
 B.E.A.R.D.S #110
ALUMINATI #037

Maldemar

« Reply #148 on: Oct 14, 2015, 09:32 PM »
While waiting on my app i've gotten a bit further with my pistols, milliputting theoretically finished now, should be sanding, filing and painting to swarz it up and polish them to what i'd call finished.
Speaking of unfinished, since i had my kit pulled out, i noticed i hadn't weathered the neckseal yet, so set to work along with a few other bits. (Time shall tell whether that's noticeable on the app pics or not i guess)

Weathering:

Pistols in progress:

Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Maldemar

« Reply #149 on: Oct 18, 2015, 09:13 PM »
Looking a lot better with the paint on
Behold Mal's pistols

Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!