Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack/Water carrier

• 9 Replies

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Jetpack/Water carrier
« on: Nov 13, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Found this cool transformer arm water cannon at a thrift store.  Grabbed a couple other things there too.  Since it is a water gun, I figure i can also turn it into a type of camelback. 

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: Jetpack/Water carrier
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2014, 07:24 AM »
I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2014, 04:12 AM »
I don't think you really wanna drink water right out of those things.. Unless you were gonna put an actual bladder inside it?

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:25 AM »
I was playing around with this and realized that there is a shield that pops out.  So I took that part off the bladder part.  The bladder is just like a plastic bottle, so if I just run a tube in it, it should be fine. 

The shield I'm going to see if I can integrate it and motorize it into a Gauntlet.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2014, 03:15 PM »
The issue with using the water bottle as a drink container isn't so much that the material won't take it (we know it will since it can hold water for the squirt gun) but what material was used, how clean the material is, and whether it's really a good idea to store drinking water in it.  Also, there's the likelihood of mold developing if you can't get into it to clean properly.  All in all I'd say you would be safer to use a camel back like bladder.  Since you already know how to get to the water container try to make it so that you can relatively easily remove the container. (maybe keep the two halves of the 'back back' separate and held in place by magnets or something.  Watching this build in the hope that I can eventually replicate

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Ronan

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2014, 03:27 PM »
That is one concern too, I think I can get into it relatively easy to clean.  If not, Ill make them look like fuel tanks.  They have a cool look, i will have to take a pic.

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2014, 09:57 PM »
I really like the shield that pops out!! Damn what a cool thing to find. Hopefully you can make it look like a death watch shield generator they have on there gaunts. Only got to see it one episode in Clone Wars.

Obalon Bralor Valus

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2014, 01:18 AM »
I can say that the water guns are made with a non toxic plastic and you shouldn't see anything harmful from them leaking into your water. I mean these are designed for use by children and they know kids are going to get water squirted into their mouth, eyes, etc. Jorad is correct in sayin gyou won't be able to properly clean it though. even if you get soapy water down into it I'm worried you may never get all the cleaning agent out. Definitely go with the bladder, it's just much safer that way.

Nagra Shysa

• member 290
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2014, 04:00 PM »
You can properly clean it by using sparkling denture cleaning tabs (we have corega tabs here in germany, dunno if you have these in the US, too ?). ;)

I MISS YOU MY FRIEND!
"Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum."  - I'm still alive, but you are dead. I remember you, so you are eternal.

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2014, 04:12 PM »
We have a similar tablet in the US for denture cleaning (I use them to clean my retainer). These will work for cleaning out the tank.

I know almost all these tank are made of LDPE (low density polyethylene) and this material is naturally bacterial resistant. You can always make a fan rig to circulate air inside the tank to help it dry out and avoid mold.

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!