Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Christmas Fett

• 10 Replies

Niraa Ttocs

• I have fiscally variable morality
Christmas Fett
« on: Nov 17, 2014, 04:54 PM »
Being as today's FettDay, I had a question, would the color scheme from the Christmas Special be custom or canon?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Christmas Fett
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Holiday Special Fett is an acceptable canon costume in the MMCC, but you can't just have the color scheme, you have to have the complete costume.

Niraa Ttocs

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:52 PM »
So jetpack, cloak, polearm thingy, and what appear to be shin\boot hybrid armor plating?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:32 PM »
This CRL is on my todo list anyway, but if you're interested in starting it now, we can take a quick look at requirements.
Here are the photos I'm looking at while thinking about this:

The following is a quick mockup of what the CRL will look like. Document is subject to change pending App Team review.

Helmet
Standard Boba Fett helmet (Clone Wars Death Watch helmet also acceptable). Mandibles, dome, cheeks, brow, ears, and back panel must be painted sky blue. Cheek bones between mandibles and cheeks must be slate blue-grey.
Helmet must include a rangefinder and stalk on the wearer's right side. Rangefinder must be painted sky blue. Helmet must include a dent on the left side of the forehead.

Torso Armor
Chest armor consists of left and right chest armor, collar armor, ab armor, back armor, and shoulder armor.
Chest armor and ab armor must be painted a sand-yellow. Collar armor, shoulder armor, and back armor must be painted a slate blue-grey.
Wearer's left chest plate must have one horizontal bars cut out near the upper left-hand corner of the plate.
Shoulder armor must have six points.

Cod Armor
Cod armor must be of traditional Boba Fett design and must be painted slate blue-grey.

Kidney Armor
Kidney armor must be of traditional Boba Fett design. It must connect to the cod armor at each hip and it must be painted slate blue-grey.

Knee Armor
Knee armor must be of traditional Boba Fett design, but without the dart launcher box on the outside of each knee. Each knee has two darts on both the inner and outer portion of the knee armor. Knees must be painted sand-yellow. Knee armor must feature a sand-yellow fabric/elastic strip at the back of the knee around 1" thick.

Gauntlets
Must be of traditional Boba Fett design or constructed to match artwork. Each gauntlet must be painted sky blue. Accent panels painted slate blue-grey are acceptable. Left gauntlet must feature a rocket mounted to a firing platform.

Jetpack
Must be traditional Boba Fett jetpack design (Z-6). Jetpack body must be painted sand yellow and rocket must be painted silver. Rocket top must be painted sand-yellow.
Jetpack must feature a horizontal rectangular decal at the top of the central tank and two vertical rectangular decals at the bottom of each side tank. Tank caps may be painted slate blue-grey.

Ammo Belt
Ammo belt must feature 10 or more traditional Boba Fett ammo pouches or panels similar to Deathwach belts. Pouches must be slate blue-grey

Holster
Holster must be made of brown leather. It must buckle on the left hip and hang loosely at a diagonal angle on the right hip. The holster must have a strip of leather (~2" thick) wrapped around the body of the holster.

Boots
Boots must be of traditional Boba Fett design or customized beyond the traditional design to meet design of the illustrations (longer boot, no elastic "U"). Boots must be painted sky blue and two parallel panels on the front must be painted slate blue-grey. Boots must feature metal toe spikes on the front of each boots' sole.

Flightsuit
Flightsuit must be a one or two piece long sleeved garment (twill or denim recommended). Must be light grey and must be worn tucked into the boots. Flightsuit must have no pockets or pouches.

Vest
Vest must be light grey and must have a built-in neckseal of the same color that hides the wearer's skin when the helmet is worn.

Wookiee Scalps
Must have three braided wookiee scalps worn over the right shoulder. Wookiee scalps must be brown.

Half-cape
Half-cape should be a piece of fabric roughly 3'x3' and must be attached at the left shoulder and flow down the back. Cape must be a medium-dark brown and must feature a strip at the bottom that is light brown or copper. Must be weathered to match references.

Stun Rifle
Must be constructed to match references as closely as possible. Prongs must be painted metallic brass-gold. Body of the rifle should be wood.

Sidearm
Must be constructed to match references as closely as possible. ESB sidearm and Pre-Pro sidearm may also be used.

Again, this may change!

Niraa Ttocs

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2014, 11:36 PM »
I appreciate the info

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2014, 11:48 PM »
Seeing your title I thought you were talking about the Lego Jango in last year's Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar! LOL

But Ref has down the vast majority of the Holiday Special Boba.  Couple things I see missing from that mock up is the note that there is NO chest diamond.  The flightsuit and gloves should be white, dirty white, grey, or light tan similar to ROTJ Boba.  The Jetpack should be primarily the same yellow as the chest plates with sky blue thrusters and caps.  The mid-section of the rocket itself should be white.  And while the cartoon shows the paint application of the kit in pristine condition (minus the helmet dent), my personal advice is to weather through to silver sparingly to give a more real-world appearance.  There is reference to this weathering on the toy box for the Holiday Special Boba in fact (but the toy also has a chest diamond).

But to answer your actual question.  It would not count as either custom OR canon.  It would count as "Legends" technically.  Old Canon = Legends.  *hides head* Don't shoot the messenger!

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2014, 11:51 PM by Kol Hokan » Logged
Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Niraa Ttocs

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2014, 12:03 AM »
Darn. Can't even shoot you, but nobody said anything about disintegration!!! On a separate note, I LOVE the mod you did to your visor

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Kol Hokan

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2014, 01:21 AM »
Darn. Can't even shoot you, but nobody said anything about disintegration!!! On a separate note, I LOVE the mod you did to your visor

Disintegration, psh.  I've had worse. :P

My helmet?  It's actually Destroyer #A1 with TCW rangefinder added on.  You can see it close up here.

501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Niraa Ttocs

« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2014, 01:26 AM »
Who made it?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Kol Hokan

« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2014, 03:45 AM »
Designed by Morut Naast and then a run of 15 was done by Hondo Karr (formerly Skirata Arms).  Only 17 ever made including my alpha pull.  Beta pull broke the mold and it had to be rebuilt for the run of 15.  Very rare helmets.

Niraa Ttocs

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2014, 03:52 AM »
Dagnabit. Oh well, guess I'll just have to sit back and admire

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!