Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Frederick Bra'Vol WIP - Desert Ops Mando (Approved! Pics on Page 6)

• 92 Replies

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Hello everyone.
After getting some info in the armor planning section, tonight I went in my garage to start to do something.
I started with this concept:

Namely, i wanted to reuse my damaged clonetrooper armor instead of throwing it into the trash bin XD
I then drew wha you can see above taking inspiration by the work of Talos Kot but not even trying to match his craftsmanship.

So i took my armor and started to draw lines so I knew where to cut

When finished I started to cut and got this.

In the end it does not look that bad to me. this is of course a more than unfinished chest piece but the overall effect is not that bad.
The belly part must look like scales so there are still more cuts to do :)

What do you think?

« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2015, 08:55 AM by bravoleader » Logged

Mavik

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Frederick Bra'Vol WIP
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2014, 07:33 PM »
I think that chest can make a great looking legacy kit.

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2014, 06:23 PM »
Progress time!
After some glue, filler, xacto knife and so on I was able to move forward and do a little test fit.
I must admit I tought the effect wasn't that bad...

I think that in the end I will change the initial concept regarding the colors.
I still have to come up with something intetesting :)

What about a 'desert mando' ? Some guys in my locale garrison gave me this idea and I think it is not that bad

F

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2014, 07:00 PM »
Your colar is off kilter and your chest plates are too close together.  Otherwise it looks good.  Also there are a lot of desert mandos in progress right now

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2014, 03:02 AM »
Hi and thanks for the answer.
The positioning atm is not a problem. I mean, it is an issue but not now as that is not my mando shirt. I was mostly concerned about the "look" of the armor when all the pieces were cut and put together again. Expecially the belly part.
Again, thanks for the feedback. I will, of course, appreciate more feedback if there's more to say XD

F

Jorad Werde

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2014, 06:13 AM »
Hi and thanks for the answer.
The positioning atm is not a problem. I mean, it is an issue but not now as that is not my mando shirt. I was mostly concerned about the "look" of the armor when all the pieces were cut and put together again. Expecially the belly part.
Again, thanks for the feedback. I will, of course, appreciate more feedback if there's more to say XD

in that case, I'd move the belly plate down about 1/4-1/2 an inch and add a piece to it that covers the rest of your 'belly'.  Right now you've got your squishiest part exposed. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2014, 06:19 AM »
I forgot to add that I have to add the rope belt and the belt with boxes above the cod piece :) so there will be less gap.
As soon as I'm ready with that part I will post another picture :)

F

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2014, 04:00 PM »
Here some pics of the starting point of my soft parts.

Here the back

The idea will be to use the poncho on the armor.
Will it be acceptable?

F

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2014, 11:22 AM »
Here some pics of the starting point of my soft parts.

The idea will be to use the poncho on the armor.
Will it be acceptable?

F
Great minds think alike!  I have one on Echo (dyed a brownish color, and given a healthy weathering in the form of tears and shredding).  That snow poncho is a thing of beauty, and has been used in different forms and states of disrepair on a number of kits here within the Mercs.

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2014, 05:36 PM »
Progress Time!
I had this very bad assembled clonetrooper vambraces that I disassebled

I then reglued the 2 halves together using stirene sludge

I then went with a small pass of primer to see where I have to work on

The plan is to add 2 rockets (boba fett style) on the sides of the righ vambrace and to put a laser beam thing (sorry don't know the english name, barrel? nozzle?) on the triangular part of the vambrace.

On the other one, the plan is to add the laser beam thingy (like pre vizsla) and the 4 darts on that triangular part.
I will then wrap the vrambraces in clothes for a worn look. IT should be fine and they will look more mando than clone :)
I'm going to do more or less the same (wrapping in cloth) also to the shinguards.

F

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Ok guys.
I know I did not update this thread for more than 30 days as the nice red title is warning me but I've been busy with my new baby, namely a 3d printer :P
I started to fetch stuff from the internet in order to add greeblies to my mando costume.
Here is what I have done so far...

Gauntlet Knife

Gauntlet explosive dart

few stuff for my other gauntlet (mini darts, laser nozzle)

And the big thing...a EE-3 Blaster Carabine

The carabine has still some more pieces to print but I should be rdy by the end of this week. Then it will be assemble time XD It will be pretty hard job to sand all the surfaces that must match. Filling will be a challenge too as some pieces shrinked due to ABS problems with temperatures that differs too much.

What I will print next will be the helmet. I found a pretty good model. Started once but I had problems with the size. I must rescale it a bit XD
Hope you like the pictures.

F

Muscle

• Live for the hunt
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Nice job really like the direction this build is going.

Dargo Jo'Rae

bravoleader

• For Mandalore!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2015, 06:44 AM »
Small Update.
I found some gloves and the belt arrived so I tried a little test with the flak vest on.

Is Good to have the flak vest with a similar color with the flightsuit?
Another question regards the sleeves of the flightsuit. Can I have the long sleeve made with another color than the short sleeve?
For example the suit and the short sleeve is red and the long sleeve is white

This picture is with also the poncho
There is still the girth belt missing of course.

toughts?

F

Jorad Werde

« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2015, 09:12 AM »
you are allowed to use two colors for the sleeves of the flightsuit as long as it is the short sleeve that matches the color of your flightsuit not the long one.  So if you had red long sleeves and white short ones you would be ok.  The vest can be the same or a different color than the flight suit.  It also looks like that belt is sitting a bit low on you, but it's hard to tell without the rest of the kit.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!