Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Poll

Which head?

A
0 (0%)
B
0 (0%)
C
0 (0%)
D
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: Jan 17, 2015, 04:03 PM

Muddy Mando Medic - Medium armor finished pg 20 - Finally starting shistavanen

• 353 Replies

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Here's my current plan.

My WIP Helmet.

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015, 02:15 PM by Briks » Logged
MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Not going with the wolf build?  Eh, bummer...

That said, I prefer this new design scheme, anyway.  Looks good!  Get to building! :D

Briks

• War Wolf
Not going with the wolf build?  Eh, bummer...

Believe me I tried to make one...

Just couldn't get that balance of detail and realism.

Working on a nice backstory as well.

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Looking very nice vod!

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
, I prefer this new design scheme, anyway.  Looks good!  Get to building! :D

Word. Build for the brigades after you get approved. We need more medics.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
So do you have plans for the build, materials and that sort of thing?

Briks

• War Wolf
Waiting on order confirmation for my vest.

Already have my plates (except knees)

Also working on my blaster, going for a heavy pistol, currently repurposing my DLT-20A.

Dha'senaar

• Need 'em disintegrated? Get me integrated
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
As an extremely biased wolfpack mando, the bucket paint-up you had for the wolf looked awesome! But I do love the direction you're currently going in, keep up the good work!

Svik Katora

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Check your local hardware store for 4 inch pvc drainage pipe, I used that for my knees. I just sketched out a shape and threw a few shapes on it to make it look more interesting. With any luck you will not have to heat form it much if any to get it wearable. It's also got the benefit of being solid PVC so it's pretty sturdy.

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
As an extremely biased wolfpack mando, the bucket paint-up you had for the wolf looked awesome! But I do love the direction you're currently going in, keep up the good work!

Agreed.

Briks

• War Wolf
Check your local hardware store for 4 inch pvc drainage pipe, I used that for my knees. I just sketched out a shape and threw a few shapes on it to make it look more interesting. With any luck you will not have to heat form it much if any to get it wearable. It's also got the benefit of being solid PVC so it's pretty sturdy.

Good idea! Personally not looking forward to spending a ton on knees.

Darn weather preventing any painting progress.

« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2014, 05:04 PM by Briks » Logged

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.

Your other paint ups were good. But this.....this here is a work of art. The attention to detail, the depth, the perfect amount of weathering and damage, and a very cool color scheme.

This is how you do it boys and girls.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.

Darn weather preventing any painting progress.
Man up!  It ain't that cold out!

That said, I'm glad my outside work is done for the season. :laugh:

Briks

• War Wolf
Progressing (slowly)

- Ordered vest as well

Still need to:

- finish the paint scratches/damage on the other plates
- Put the blue stripe down the right armor plates
- Various other minor details  :)

Last update for tonight:

Cod close to done:

Boots plates done (test mounted them on some hiking boots)

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2014, 08:35 PM by Briks » Logged

Svik Katora

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Awesome looking!!

My only suggestion is to highlight the battle damage (so to put a line of lighterbrown just besides and against the black) this will create a deeper damage effect!

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
I'd say, don't forget the little scratches, but with how that helmets looking I don't think you'll forget :P Looking forward to seeing the completed paint job on all these.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Gel'ren Drask

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
I will miss all the fiddly detail paintwork from your previous color scheme, but I do like how this is turning out as well.  Keep at it.

Gel'ren "Mercelangelo" Drask Firestorm Clan
E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

Cajun

• Strata Vekis - Ne'tra Vhipir Clan's Medic
  • Awards Dr Mando is the award for the best Medic in the Medic Brigade. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions.
Niiiice!!

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you...”
– Yoda

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
I'm very impressed with how this is turning out. Get some grime in those crevasses and your kit will look spectacular.

Briks

• War Wolf
The rain and cold continues to thwart me. Anyway, question: was looking at the industrial strength Velcro, it says it's great for flat items but not recommended for fabric. Do you just sew it on and it will work, or am I looking at the wrong Velcro? (I believe it's sticky)

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
From personal experience, the sticky back stuff sticks really well to leather & outside of vinyl, but will not stick to materials like canvas or duck cloth

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Briks

• War Wolf
From personal experience, the sticky back stuff sticks really well to leather & outside of vinyl, but will not stick to materials like canvas or duck cloth
. I need it to work on duck cloth, any suggestions? Can you mix normal strength cloth Velcro with it or something like that?

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
You're gonna want sew on velcro for the vest. some people have had decent success with sew on velcro & liquid stitch, I Personally haven't used liquid stitch as I prefer to know the velcro will stay so I end up sewing it on.

Also don't try to sew sticky back velcro, it's almost impossible to get a needle thru by hand & if you try doing it with a machine, you'll gum up your needle & mess up your machine

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Gel'ren Drask

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
You're gonna want sew on velcro for the vest. some people have had decent success with sew on velcro & liquid stitch, I Personally haven't used liquid stitch as I prefer to know the velcro will stay so I end up sewing it on.

Also don't try to sew sticky back velcro, it's almost impossible to get a needle thru by hand & if you try doing it with a machine, you'll gum up your needle & mess up your machine

Exactly this.

I usually buy the sticky stuff for plates and regular sew on for the vest.

Gel'ren "Mercelangelo" Drask Firestorm Clan
E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!