Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Backpack wip

• 8 Replies

skillet-the-creeper

• college student, going for game art and design.
Backpack wip
« on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:18 PM »
so i got the pep file for the clone backpack, printed it off and got to work. once i figure out how to attach photos, ill make sure to post progress pictures! if you are reading this thread and know how to attach photos, please tell me.

You only die once. Might as well make it a memorable one don't you think?

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
Re: Backpack wip
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Add your photos to a 3rd party host like Photobucket or Tumblr.  When you view each pic there is a little window on the right of the pic (in photobucket, anyway) with 4 different HTML options.  Copy the code in the window that's marked 'Image'.  Then just paste the code in your thread here.  Voila!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

skillet-the-creeper

« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:03 PM »
Thank you so much, I've been trying to figure it out

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:11 PM »
No worries, vod.  Now let's see that backpack!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

skillet-the-creeper

« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:11 PM »
Alright, so the first picture is about a quarter of the way through the initial folding and gluing.

second picture is slightly farther into the process.

about halfway through^

all the way folded and glued, ive gone in and covered up all the tape and gaps with pieces of more orange cardstock.

left view

right view

backpack on top of my backplate for size. I will continue to post pictures as i resin, rondo, and bondo the crap out of this thing. Anything before i resin and fiberglass it? :laugh: ;D

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2015, 11:45 PM »
I think I may see a few issues here vod. First off what kind of paper did you use? generally you need a good cardstock to work with the resin. Anything lighter and just applying the resin could rip your work apart. Also did you use a bonding method other than scotch tape? I've found that many types of fiberglass resin will eat through and dissolve scotch tape meaning your build may fall apart just after resin application.

skillet-the-creeper

« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2015, 12:03 AM »
I think I may see a few issues here vod. First off what kind of paper did you use? generally you need a good cardstock to work with the resin. Anything lighter and just applying the resin could rip your work apart. Also did you use a bonding method other than scotch tape? I've found that many types of fiberglass resin will eat through and dissolve scotch tape meaning your build may fall apart just after resin application.

It's 110lb card stock, and yes I used super glue, the tape was removed after the glue had set up

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Glad to hear it. Sorry to raise any red flags but I just wanted to make sure you were heading in the right direction :P good start vod!

It's 110lb card stock, and yes I used super glue, the tape was removed after the glue had set up

skillet-the-creeper

« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:56 AM »
No problems! Seriously if anyone sees any issues, please tell me so I can fix them!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!