Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Waystone Soft part WIP thread.

• 8 Replies

waystone

• Northern Warden
Waystone Soft part WIP thread.
« on: Jan 06, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Ok I ordered coveralls and boots, here they are.

They are a size smaller than I would have wanted, HOWEVER with this they fit the midsection very well without it being very baggy.

What modifications do I need to make for this to work? I figure with the flack vest, spats, and the gauntlets the only problem areas would be tucked in/ covered up.

Thanks for the input!

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Sizeing in coveralls (WAYSTONE)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2015, 01:13 PM »
Looks like a nice tailor fit to me. I don't see any modifications need. Most of that will be covered by your vest.

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I tell everyone when they're looking for coveralls or scrubs for their flightsuit to try on something that's comfortable, and then buy one size smaller.

That might mean that your flightsuit fits a little tighter then you would like, but it will also mean that you probably won't need a lot of tailoring.  Your flightsuit shouldn't be skin-tight, but nor should it be baggy and have a lot of excess sag.

If it's too big, you'll find that it bunches around your armor and armor attachments, especially at your elbows, gauntlets knees and shoes/boots, and that doesn't look good (and will probably get your app kicked back).

As Dynas mentioned above, your coveralls look like they're pretty well fitted, so get building!

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2015, 03:09 PM »
I tell everyone when they're looking for coveralls or scrubs for their flightsuit to try on something that's comfortable, and then buy one size smaller.

That might mean that your flightsuit fits a little tighter then you would like, but it will also mean that you probably won't need a lot of tailoring.  Your flightsuit shouldn't be skin-tight, but nor should it be baggy and have a lot of excess sag.

If it's too big, you'll find that it bunches around your armor and armor attachments, especially at your elbows, gauntlets knees and shoes/boots, and that doesn't look good (and will probably get your app kicked back).

As Dynas mentioned above, your coveralls look like they're pretty well fitted, so get building!
A good rule of thumb is what I like to call the "Rider Rule."  If it rides up in... places, it fits right.  That said, I don't recommend going commando in your kit. 

waystone

• Northern Warden
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:43 AM »
I received my belt from MERIDIAN CREATIONS and I couldn't be happier. The price is perfect, the quality is amazing and I cant wait to get this all together.

Right now I am waiting on the flack jacket to come in and then I can take the extra fabric and make the spats and a proper loin and butt cloth.

waystone

• Northern Warden
Re: Waystone Soft part WIP thread.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Some PROGRESS.
Not done but close. Have to get the final fitting down right, and then I can start to work on plates.

Lycanthro

• SITH LORD and Mandolorian Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2016, 02:34 PM »
Who did you order your jumpsuit from?   That is the only item I am having trouble sourcing.

Thanks,

Lycanthro

Darth Furos

waystone

• Northern Warden
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2016, 04:35 PM »
Who did you order your jumpsuit from?   That is the only item I am having trouble sourcing.

Thanks,

Lycanthro

Amazon, I will see the brand when I get home. its just a normal set of coveralls, just sized rather snug. 

waystone

• Northern Warden
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2016, 08:56 AM »
Amazon, I will see the brand when I get home. its just a normal set of coveralls, just sized rather snug.

Dickies, ordered right off Amazon. Just a normal, and slightly snug pair of coveralls.

Also here it is, most of the soft parts put together. the helmet is just a place holder for the moment....

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!