Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP

• 14 Replies
First Kit WIP
« on: Feb 02, 2015, 08:20 PM »
This is my first attempt at putting together a kit and I thought my best place to start would be soft parts so far I have a vest i ordered from the K'raam Xrati, a pair of overalls, and gloves. I thought I would throw them up here to get opinions and tips on how everything fits before I get too far into my build.

(Hopefully these pictures are visible since on my computer they show up as question marks so I'm hoping its just my computer)

I was also curious as to whether or not cowboy boots would work for my boots? They're pointed toed which makes me think they won't work but I have a few pairs at my disposal so I thought they might be good seeing as they don't have laces

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
Re: First Kit WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2015, 09:32 PM »
Not just your computer, vod. But I had the same problem a few days ago when I first posted pictures. What you need to do is upload your pictures to photobucket and once you're on the selected picture, you have to go the right of the picture where you'll see a few links under the "SHARED LINKS" button. You want to click on the "Direct" link and then post it in between the  thing. It should look like this

(picture is a random one I have in my library)

Hopefully this works. If not it might actually be your computer or the size of the image itself

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2015, 12:37 AM »
Thanks for the advice vod thats seems to have done the trick! SO here are my pictures of my overalls that I am using as a jumpsuit as well as the vest I ordered from K'raam Xrati which is awesome. Hopefully the fit looks good, it feels pretty good. The overalls do have rear pockets which I think I read is an issue unless they are covered so I will probably end up covering them inside of removing them since i think it will end up being a better look. Hopefully this is a fairly good start on my way to completing my kit.

mobcake

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2015, 10:52 AM »
Both the flight suit and vest look really good. Especially the vest.

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2015, 10:56 AM by mobcake » Logged
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Thanks vod glad I'm on the right track! Does anyone know if cowboy boots are acceptable as boots if the are tucked inside my flight suit? Has anyone used them as their boots?

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:21 AM »
Boots:
Combat/Utility boots are considered the primary accepted boot for armor.
Labels and brand names should be removed or covered.
Shoe-laces MUST be covered with armor or some sort of boot/ankle spat.
High heels/stiletto female boots are not acceptable mandalorian armor attire. Platform, wedge, and chunky style heels are acceptable.

LOL  Maybe. 

mobcake

« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:34 AM »
Thanks vod glad I'm on the right track! Does anyone know if cowboy boots are acceptable as boots if the are tucked inside my flight suit? Has anyone used them as their boots?

I'm not entirely sure but to be safe I would ask an official member or PM one of the app team. However, to play it safe I would make sure that your cowboy boots don't have any designs on them if you go ahead with them without asking anyone else. I know that some of those boots can be pretty eccentric and I'm not sure how kindly the app team will take to that.

Anyway, definitely print out some templates online and get them taped to the vest to check for sizing and placement. Hope to see some progress on your kit soon. If you already have WIP post then definitely put the link up here.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:59 AM »
The issue I would see with cowboy boots tucked into the legs of the flight suit are that they would cause the bottom of the leg to flair out.  Also, most people have rounded toe boots as oposed to the 'pointed' toe of a cow boy boot.  That being said, I have pointed toe boots (I didn't look at the boot closely enough when I ordered on line) and I got through.  Definetly check with the app team though.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2015, 12:08 PM »
The issue I would see with cowboy boots tucked into the legs of the flight suit are that they would cause the bottom of the leg to flair out.  Also, most people have rounded toe boots as oposed to the 'pointed' toe of a cow boy boot.  That being said, I have pointed toe boots (I didn't look at the boot closely enough when I ordered on line) and I got through.  Definetly check with the app team though.

I thought the pointed toe might be an issue that was my primary concern I was also worried my shin armour wouldn't sit quite right since the boot wouldn't be flush with my leg. But I have lots of cowboy boots so I thought I'd see if anyone had tried to use them before

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Post up some pics. I plain Wellington could work okay. I wouldn't be concerned so much with the toe being pointy as I would any decorative stitching not looking very Mandalorian or Swarzy. The neck of the boot like you mentioned could be an issue if it flairs out the leg. If you're like me, my calves are so big they fill up the neck of a pull on boot so it wouldn't really cause an issue for me, but if you skinny legs it could possibly look odd.

« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2015, 08:57 PM »
Here are the boots I was thinking of wearing as for how tight on my legs they are they have about a half inch of wiggle room but they do come away from my shin while I'm standing up so they may get in the way of my shin armour

The part of the boot that would be visible doesn't have any designs on them

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2015, 01:03 AM »
That could possibly work. You've got 'em, might as well see how it comes together when the time comes. If it doesn't look right, at least you're not out anything!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2015, 06:25 PM »
Posting to follow 8)

Looks like you're off to a good start :)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2015, 11:52 PM »
Got myself a pair of black leather gloves that I think work really well

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2015, 02:29 AM »
Pretty much perfect gloves right there! You'll just have to make sure your wrists don't show when you kit up ;)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!