Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Demor's bucket build(updated with different bucket)

• 12 Replies
Demor's bucket build(updated with different bucket)
« on: Feb 07, 2015, 10:48 AM »
so below is the new bucket i am working on.... pep style.. already got the first 2 coats of resin down on the outside, a coat of rondo on the outside and a couple of coats of resin inside.... now i have gotten to this point several other times, but have had to scrap it shortly after i start the bondo stage... it is gonna be a long journey, but i feel this time will be different from the last. as always feedback is appreciated

funny thing is, i got almost all done so far in the past 2 hours or so....... stole the idea from someone else for a"hotbox" and it has worked very well

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2015, 12:40 PM by Demor Kodiko » Logged

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Demor's bucket build
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Looks marvelous Vod. Doesn't look like you've resined the outside yet though and where did you find that lovely pep file?

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:22 PM »
I found it here...

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=84012.0

I haven't yet. I threw a coat on in the inside plus a coat of rondo. Working in the cold so not much I can really do

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:28 PM »
I also modified the visor to fit my need...

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:29 PM »
That's really actually funny as I was one of the ones that asked about that helmet on that thread! As far as cold goes it just means time for soft parts. Or weapons mods. And that visor looks like a legacy helmet which is awesome.

QMU#084
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:35 PM »
That is actually what I was going for. Took me a bit to figure out the sizing. I have measure my head to work with most pep files at between 269mm to 280 mm. I did it that high for this and it was big enough for a hutt.... Well maybe not a hutt but an adolescent Wookie. Had to bump it down to 240mm.... And I was asking about that file too...

Bowfanny

« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:38 PM »
That's awesome. I definitely like the looks of this build so far and I will put a word in every now and then. I'm a big fan of the Legacy armor if you haven't seen my build or anything it's in my signature. Keep up the work and have fun Vod!

QMU#084

Bowfanny

« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2015, 12:25 PM »
Looking good! I think the rondo smooths things out nicely and if you rondo between bondo/sanding sessions it might speed things up.

QMU#084
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Started to bondo. Now this is normally where I go wrong. The brow line. I can never seem to get it right with out destroying it.... So I had this crazy idea...... Bondo the inside. I know I know you are all like, "what the heck he doin?". Well I thought about it, and if I were to bondo the inside, around the brow and the face plate, it should help when I go to sand with structure and visor mounting... I know it will create more work. But like I said, crazy idea and to me worth a shot.

Re: Demor's bucket build(updated with different bucket)
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2015, 12:44 PM »
new update as stated in title, had some issues with original helmet in this thread. Darn thing fell over on its side and all the resin had hardened on the right side...:( so now is this one

Bowfanny

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2015, 01:46 PM »
Good start on that helmet Vod. I like to use rondo on my builds as well but only to build up strength to add Bondo and sand.

QMU#084
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2015, 02:09 PM »
lol.... After a year of attempting and God knows how many helmets, I think I have figured out everything. I've got 2 layers of 80/20% rondo on it now, I will be sanding within the next day or so. I will be happy when I get past this stage... Just a curious thought, will I need to fabricate ear caps for this do you think?

« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2015, 07:19 PM »
new update..... got my first layer of bondo down and sanded..... then i realized that i never had a picture up to make sure i sized it well enough

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!