Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

NYCC 2015

• 8 Replies
NYCC 2015
« on: Feb 13, 2015, 09:13 AM »
Is anyone here planning on going to New York Comic Con this October?

Last year it was my very first con and I went with a couple friends (one of which dressed in his Mando gear) and loved it. On the way home we all decided to go again and this time all three of us are going to be wearing builds. They are both doing customs and I am going as Jango Fett.

Working on a Jango build.

The Three Mandalorians on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/3mandos

Jasand

Re: NYCC 2015
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2015, 11:46 AM »
I will probably be going at least one day.  Provided I still can get discounted professional tickets.  Last year, they did away with "Professional Day", but still sold pro passes.  So, who knows?  I don't know yet how I'll dress or which day(s) I'm likely to attend.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2015, 02:33 PM »
I will probably be going at least one day.  Provided I still can get discounted professional tickets.  Last year, they did away with "Professional Day", but still sold pro passes.  So, who knows?  I don't know yet how I'll dress or which day(s) I'm likely to attend.

Sweet. My plans are to go Friday and Saturday (cosplaying as Jango on Sat).

What are professional tickets? I didn't see those last year.

Jasand

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2015, 01:04 PM »
Sweet. My plans are to go Friday and Saturday (cosplaying as Jango on Sat).

What are professional tickets? I didn't see those last year.

Pro Passes are for retailers, librarians, creators, etc.  There's an application process on their website.  I'm a Children's Librarian.  I've qualified the last two years.  I go to the "professional" panels (generally the stuff sponsored by the American Library Association), last year's was the "We Need Diverse (comic) Books!" panel.  The year before had book talks, programming discussions, and diversity/representation discussions.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Gotcha! That's pretty cool.

Jasand

« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Yeah, it's a fun perk!

Jasand

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Be amazed at my necromantic abilities as I revive this dead thread!  (Because NYCC tickets go on sale next week)

I got a four-day pro-pass.  I'll be going as my work schedule allows.  Hopefully Thur, Sat, and Sun.

« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Holy Mando,

All tickets and days are sold out.  I need to keep an eye out for this stuff.  As I understand it, all tics for Celebration VII were sold out within hours.

Sorry for the necropost.  Nothing to see here. Carry on.  Carry on.

Rand

Jasand

« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2015, 05:05 PM »
All tickets were sold out the day the went up.  And it was apparently a horrid mess.  They had some available at NYCC:SE and at Midtown Comics.  But those are all gone now, too.  The only way to get in if you don't have tix is to try for a pro pass if you qualify.  Don't buy from a third party online.  Beyond the "scalping is wrong" bit, they waaaay overcharge and it's not worth getting caught with one.  You'll get kicked out and banned from buying ReedPop tix to any future event.

Sorry you missed yours!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!