Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Reyn Vok'Chi: Protector

• 29 Replies

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Reyn Vok'Chi: Protector
« on: Feb 24, 2015, 08:22 PM »
hi all

Well, after much deliberation I've decided to take the plunge. Of all the brigades, I think I was destined to end up here as my original build was heavily influenced (at least in colour) by the protector scheme.
It will be a Long term project, all considered but I aim to make at least a little start this weekend.

So, the to do list!

1. 2 white coveralls to be delivered in the next few days. 1 for a base, the other to be chopped up for half sleeves, thigh and hip pouches, shin pockets and spats.
2. source material for flak
3. Boots- I'd love MOW but budget will probably dictate chelsea boots.
4. Girth- should be sorted with a bit of begging :)
5. Ammo pouches- undecided
6. All armour- sintra
7. Bucket- Master almost complete for Mold then cast
8. Gaunts- undecided
9. Weapons- I'll use my scratch built EE-3 and working on a pistol

And finally.....(drum roll)

10. Jet pack. call me insane but I'm going to have a go at a scratch build (hence the long term project) and when that goes wrong I'll give up and buy one :p

Hopefully, come the beginning of next week I'll have a concept sketch and some flight suit progress.
Wish me luck!

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 04:35 PM by Reyn Vok'chi » Logged

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Reyn Vok'Chi: 2nd Kit, Protector
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2015, 10:49 AM »
It's great to see some interest here!  I'm looking forward to watching your build! What style of jet pack are you going to go with? Boba or Marvel? Should be fun to build!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Definitely Boba Methinks  ;)

Reyn Vok'chi

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2015, 03:53 PM »
I made a little progress today :)

Made the hip and thigh pouches, just need to attach the thighs when the flight suit legs are tailored.
Tailored the arms and fitted the right short sleeve. I'm hoping to get the rest of the soft parts done tomorrow, including spats.
Here's some pics, ignore the girth though I will be making a new one soon.

Cheers

Reyn Vok'chi

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2015, 05:36 PM »
Just realised I've been updating my WIP in the main armour board but neglected to update here.
Progress so far:

Sidearm, just needing a few greeblies

Flightsuit finished, dyed and weathered

Ammo pouches made

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2015, 07:36 PM »
Any final pics of this build?
I'd love to see them for some inspiration for my MP build.
Lynn

Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2016, 10:35 PM »
Love it!!!

Every time I see a protector build I want to abandon my ROTJ Fett and go straight for protector...

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Love it!!!

Every time I see a protector build I want to abandon my ROTJ Fett and go straight for protector...

Do it I'm doing one too. As is one of my locals :P.

I think this thread is a bit overdue for an update Tipsy.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2016, 12:42 AM »
Gday mate, your kit is looking great, awesome work on the flight suit
Is that bucket a scratch build? Looks pretty cool, I like the "flare"

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2016, 04:57 AM by brett » Logged

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2016, 09:56 AM »
Gday mate, your kit is looking great, awesome work on the flight suit
Is that bucket a scratch build? Looks pretty cool, I like the "flare"

Yeah he built it himself and made a mold of it, His finished bucket is cold cast in aluminium. He also made a cold cast copper version for my partner's Kal skirata, and another for a local down his neck of the woods. I love the shallow dome and the shape of the cheeks especially, Very nice.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2016, 02:09 PM »
Any further updates on this build vod

Reyn Vok'chi

Re: Reyn Vok'Chi: Protector
« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2016, 04:47 PM »
All pretty much done now. Got to say I'm guilty of not maintaining this thread, I forgot about it every time I updated my WIP in the main armour board. I was hoping to finish my jet pack for Celebration but work for CE3 took priority. Here's some pics of how my kit and weapons look anyway plus a little something added to my kit I was given at Celebration ;D

Cheers

« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2016, 05:34 PM »
Awesome kit vod, blue girth instead of purple, great job weathering the flightsuit. ESB style EE-3 nice choice, I like it over the Jedi version, I'll have to locate your other wip, and read it now
Thanks for the updates vod

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Jul 24, 2016, 10:26 PM »
Your kit is amazing, awesome work. And congratulations on the award, you deserve it.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2016, 11:27 AM »
Your kit is amazing, awesome work. And congratulations on the award, you deserve it.

I agree! I actually first saw your kit on the Mercs facebook page standing in the second row of a group picture and then hunted you down from there. I really love this kit (not just because I am biased due to it's similar look to the Fenn Shysa I'm working on ha) All the thumbs up

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Reyn Vok'chi

« Reply #15 on: Jul 26, 2016, 01:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind words all, means a lot  :)

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #16 on: Jul 26, 2016, 04:28 PM »
It's already a terrific kit, but that new patch, well, I think that takes it to an entirely new level!  ;D
(So well-deserved!)

« Reply #17 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:38 PM »
Does that translate as....ori' ramikad?......supercommando

Reyn Vok'chi

« Reply #18 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:13 PM »
It does. There were tears. What happens at Celebration stays at Celebration  :laugh:

Reyn Vok'chi

« Reply #19 on: Apr 21, 2019, 06:02 PM »
Long time no post I know but I finally got round to making a new vest to accomodate the harness for my JetPack. That and the fact my my old vest seems to have shrunk anyway  :rolleyes: :laugh:.
This time time I've intergrated the neckseal into the vest and sewn in a gusset (??) at the throat area to avoid strangulation and better cover the neck/chin area. first pic is untouched and the rest are with airbrushed weathering I did today. There's sneaky new cape pic at the end too  ;)
Cheers  :D

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #20 on: Apr 21, 2019, 07:26 PM »
Now we're talking!

Looks good, Rayne. I especially like the weathering on the vest!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #21 on: Apr 24, 2019, 04:32 PM »
No joke about the long time no post haha that new vest looks great as does the weathering. Any other planned upgrades in the works or plans on apping in for official protector status!?!?

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Reyn Vok'chi

« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2019, 11:08 AM »
Thank you ;D Yes, main priority is getting the new vest, jet pack and harness sorted along with a few minor tweaks so I can apply for Protector. Finally.  :)

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2019, 11:09 AM »
'Bout time!  :D

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2019, 09:05 AM »
Thank you ;D Yes, main priority is getting the new vest, jet pack and harness sorted along with a few minor tweaks so I can apply for Protector. Finally.  :)

About time!!! Sounds great though! What region are you in? At some point it would be awesome to get all approved Protectors together for a photo

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!