Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Legacy armor WIP

• 21 Replies

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Legacy armor WIP
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2019, 10:39 AM »
It could be the paper templates poking up at the corners in the photo, but the outer top edges of the chest piece need to align with the outer lower edge of the collar plate...other than that, those look pretty nice on you. They are definitely heavy!

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Thanks, yeah they came untapped and do line up. I'll start cutting the sintra tonight :)

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:56 PM »
I think the tips of the chest that stick out past the collar is because the collar and back plate are scaled differently than the chest and abs. I had to scale down I think to 88 percent in order to get it right.

However, that is an easy enough fix to just trim them down.

Looks good though

« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2019, 02:10 AM »
Cut the plates and did a lot of the shaping

Taped together and hanging loose from my shoulders

From the back

Tomorrow I'm going to work on the harness and riveting the plates to it.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Dec 17, 2019, 10:04 AM »
It looks like the back is too wide for your body...you may have to shape and  tuck it up tighter to your ribs.

Otherwise, it's looking good. ;)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus
« Reply #20 on: Dec 17, 2019, 12:57 PM »
Thanks, will do

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2020, 08:13 PM »
Nice cutting and molding there! That back plate is still huuuuugge though. You'll want to bring it up so that neck curve sits right about where your shirt collar is, and it shouldn't go down too far past your lower back.
Does the front have a separate collar plate? Hard to see in the Pic, but you'll need that. How's the arm movement? You might be able to trim a little off around the armpit still, but you've come a long way from the start. Does the bottom belly plate end about at your navel? That's the goal there.
You've done great crafting those pieces, great clean symmetry. If possible you might want to add a little bevel to your plate edges, it'll help give them more of a natural edge.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!