Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Eh'seejay Gratiir metal Legacy WIP

• 29 Replies

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Eh'seejay Gratiir metal Legacy WIP
« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2015, 08:04 PM »
App team members from my future clan noticed the same thing  ;) problems fixed and app pics sent

Sash shortened, kama/loin backed with leather and chest piece readjusted.  I am really glad the chest was noted. I used two screws one on each side to mount but I didn't realize it had created a pivot point causing it to sit incorrectly.  I put it back into original position and mounted an additional screw to maintain it. Thanks everyone!! Should be final pics up tonight  ;D

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Looks great, vod! One thing though, the leather bags and some of the pouches appear to be really clean looking as compared to the torn up kama and weathering on the armor. This might be what you're going for but I think that if some weathering was added to those, it would bring the kit a little bit more together. Just my opinion though. Great work!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:13 AM »
App wise I think you're good now.
(I'd add not just the pouches to the weathering, but possibly put a rip or two in the sash too :P )

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:17 PM »
KILLLLLL STRIIIIPES  :P

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:19 PM »
Congrats Vod! Isn't it nice!!

QMU#084

mobcake

« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:19 PM »
Congrats, vod!!! Definitely deserve it!

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:22 PM »
Now it's time for upgrades!!  First I'll dirty up the leg pouch as its the cleanest. The coin pouch is pretty thrashed and the satchel(purse) is actually pretty whooped too but that leg pouch needs to match  :D

Next I'll be going for a brigade and this is the first step.

mobcake

« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:26 PM »
As bad-shebs as that is, it definitely looks like a mistake waiting to happen  :laugh:  Try to remember not to lean back on a seat, lol

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:53 PM »
I agree, it could be something that turns out to bite you in the Shebs!

QMU#084

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2015, 11:07 PM »
Nah I got a 14 gauge metal backplate between me and those teeth. The pic was just a mockup of the mounting system that will be under the armor  ;)

mobcake

« Reply #25 on: Mar 22, 2015, 11:09 PM »
Now that is good planning. But are earth animals allowed in the beast tamer/hunter brigades (I'm assuming that's what you're going for)?

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #26 on: Mar 22, 2015, 11:59 PM »
Now that is good planning. But are earth animals allowed in the beast tamer/hunter brigades (I'm assuming that's what you're going for)?

Yessir, As with most things in our Mando world a little stretch of the imagination is necessary. The head is from an Accipiptero from the planet Dagobah as seen here  ;D

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Apr 01, 2015, 03:59 PM »
Would I be amiss recommending you put horns on it, making it look like a young Krayt Dragon skull?  I know, I know, "put horns on it" is my answer for everything... :laugh:

Really, though, it would make it look more in-universe, and would probably look bad-shebs to have a crown of horns poking out from behind you, as well.

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #28 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:49 PM »
Been a long time, too long perhaps but I'm back at it.  A couple years ago what could only be described as my favorite nephew  >:( decided to play with my lid while I was away and subsequently shattered it.  At the time I was already lagging on my mando and decided in anger and frustration to just stop for a very long time.  I ended up moving and tossed almost all of my in progress parts so I am back to basics. Just trying to get those stripes back  :8):

Without further ado here are some progress pics of the new lid...

« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2020, 02:38 PM »
Lid is looking great so far.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!