Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Eh'seejay Gratiir metal Legacy WIP

• 29 Replies

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Eh'seejay Gratiir metal Legacy WIP
« on: Mar 05, 2015, 01:27 AM »
First pic!!

« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2015, 03:14 AM by Eh'Seejay Gratiir » Logged

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Eh'seejay Gratiir metal Legacy WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2015, 09:06 AM »
Nice bucket!  :D

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2015, 09:45 PM »
That's a nice color scheme on that renegade helmet Vod. I haven't decided how I'm painting my renegade yet.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2015, 10:36 AM »
Front Torso so far. Bottom portion weathered upper should b today. Diamond will be put on upon armor "completion"

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2015, 10:47 AM »
That's very nice!

QMU#084

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2015, 12:55 AM »
Put everything on last night. Tried a sleeveless variation then decided to go with full flightsuit. I always envisioned a very low tech rough wilderness kit with the legacy (layered) styled front torso. But I've been reading about late crusaders and I'm wondering if what I've put together fits better in that era. Please anyone reading give me your thoughts as I'd really appreciate them :)

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2015, 12:58 AM »
Oh yeah and I know the shoulder plates are missing but I am currently  working on getting them designed and banged out to wear by next weekend. If it helps just imagine metal shoulders in place of the blue grey material on my shoulders in most of the pics. Also I am definately going with the full flightsuit after working it both ways. I feel like the sleeves help the suit flow better.

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2015, 01:08 AM »
Did a practice run with the unfinished kit at Tulare Scifi con.  The left side of the fur kept falling off but other than that the armor trooped real well. It was tons of finally being able to sport some Mando armor with my kill striped wife Van'sa!!

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2015, 06:57 PM »
Shoulders are done

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2015, 08:46 AM »
Love the design of the shoulders! Do you mind if I use that idea, or one based off of it for future upgrades to my kit?

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2015, 05:58 AM »
Love the design of the shoulders! Do you mind if I use that idea, or one based off of it for future upgrades to my kit?
Not at all they are a variation of Ronan's (GoG) shoulders. Right now they are connected with tape but I will be using leather riveted to the metal  to keep them together.

mobcake

« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2015, 06:51 AM »
Thank you! I like the leather idea. It will definitely give it a lot of character and look pretty awesome

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2015, 03:29 PM »
Shoulders done!! Diamond attached Hopefully taking some pre-app pics the afternoon

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #13 on: Mar 14, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Updated pics

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Starting to come together. Although that chest plate looks like it could do with being closer to the body at both top and bottom edges. It looks to be sticking out a fair distance right now. The rest does look pretty much done though.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2015, 08:04 PM »
App team members from my future clan noticed the same thing  ;) problems fixed and app pics sent

Sash shortened, kama/loin backed with leather and chest piece readjusted.  I am really glad the chest was noted. I used two screws one on each side to mount but I didn't realize it had created a pivot point causing it to sit incorrectly.  I put it back into original position and mounted an additional screw to maintain it. Thanks everyone!! Should be final pics up tonight  ;D

mobcake

« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Looks great, vod! One thing though, the leather bags and some of the pouches appear to be really clean looking as compared to the torn up kama and weathering on the armor. This might be what you're going for but I think that if some weathering was added to those, it would bring the kit a little bit more together. Just my opinion though. Great work!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:13 AM »
App wise I think you're good now.
(I'd add not just the pouches to the weathering, but possibly put a rip or two in the sash too :P )

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:17 PM »
KILLLLLL STRIIIIPES  :P

Bowfanny

« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:19 PM »
Congrats Vod! Isn't it nice!!

QMU#084

mobcake

« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:19 PM »
Congrats, vod!!! Definitely deserve it!

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:22 PM »
Now it's time for upgrades!!  First I'll dirty up the leg pouch as its the cleanest. The coin pouch is pretty thrashed and the satchel(purse) is actually pretty whooped too but that leg pouch needs to match  :D

Next I'll be going for a brigade and this is the first step.

mobcake

« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:26 PM »
As bad-shebs as that is, it definitely looks like a mistake waiting to happen  :laugh:  Try to remember not to lean back on a seat, lol

Bowfanny

« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:53 PM »
I agree, it could be something that turns out to bite you in the Shebs!

QMU#084

Eh'Seejay Gratiir

« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2015, 11:07 PM »
Nah I got a 14 gauge metal backplate between me and those teeth. The pic was just a mockup of the mounting system that will be under the armor  ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!