Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kurshi's Scratch Build - DONE!

• 50 Replies

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Kurshi BeJaha'al's Scratch Build (a bucket from buckets)
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 09:20 PM »
I've decided on shooting for a hazardous environment Mando and wanted to give some sort of air filtering type greebles to the front of the buy'ce. I grabbed two faucet aerators that might work out for that.

Here's what they look like:

So I stuck them where I'd like them to go to give sort of a stormtrooper type feel to it. I'm going to use that E6000 to adhere them and the form a base of quicksteel around them to give them a thicker look against the helmet.

I think it'll look pretty cool after painting and weathering those pieces!

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Kurshi BeJahaal

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2015, 05:53 AM »
I put a coat of primer over everything to see where I'm at. And I've got a lot of sanding ahead of me.  ??? Hopefully this week I'll get those breathing greebles painted up and on my bucket. Here's the progress thus far.

So. Much. Sanding. Haha.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #28 on: Apr 02, 2016, 07:53 PM »
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

It's been about a year since I've updated this one. I've been working here and there on my kit but I've really been trying to buckle down and get cracking. I've done a little more sanding and bondo work as well as trimming out my visor a little more. I think I'm getting fairly close to getting some paint on it.

I will be adding in the "grill" still and maybe one of the faucet attachments. My next task will be doing the keyslot cutouts in the back. I'm not stoked on that.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #29 on: Apr 02, 2016, 07:55 PM »
Looking great VOD! Keep up the good work

And thank you! I'm just getting back at it with hopes of getting done by Motor City Comic Con in mid May

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
« Reply #30 on: Apr 02, 2016, 08:54 PM »
And thank you! I'm just getting back at it with hopes of getting done by Motor City Comic Con in mid May

Motor city huh?! Check out the Michigan clans forum Tra'cor clan! I'm from Michigan and there's plenty of us mercs planning on being there!!

Kurshi BeJahaal

Re: Kurshi BeJaha'al's Scratch Build Bucket DONE!
« Reply #31 on: Apr 02, 2016, 11:05 PM »
Motor city huh?! Check out the Michigan clans forum Tra'cor clan! I'm from Michigan and there's plenty of us mercs planning on being there!!

Yessir will do! Ariarenee sent us an invite to do the troop with you guys and I figured it would be a good date to be completed by. I'm looking forward to my first troop and meeting everyone. :)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:01 PM by Kurshi BeJahaal » Logged

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #32 on: Apr 03, 2016, 12:17 AM »
Yessir will do! Ariarenee sent us an invite to do the troop with you guys and I figured it would be a good date to be completed by. I'm looking forward to my first troop and meeting everyone. :)

Can't wait to meet ya!

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #33 on: Apr 17, 2016, 08:20 PM »
Can't wait to meet ya!

Likewise, vod!

The helmet has made some progress this week. It's not much, but I've been trying to do a little of everything all at once. When one thing is drying, I'm sanding another, when one thing is being painted, I'm prepping another. I added my antenna and decided to build an ear cap out of sintra. I'll be using quicksteel and bondo to fill in the holes and gaps. I also plan on adding a few details to the outside of the ear.

The front grill area needs cleaned up and trimmed and then hit with bondo or quicksteel to seal the imperfections.

I'm also making my own style of vents in the back. There are portions of the bucket that are opened up to allow sound and air in.  I still plan on adding some detail to the bottom portion of the sintra. Once that's all done, I think. It's ready for paint!

I also ordered my visor from t-visor.com today. I'm hoping by the time it arrives I can put it in and call it done!

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 09:41 PM »
So I've got some progress to report. I went from this

To this

I still have a little more to do with it, but it's almost there. I have my visor ready to go, it just needs installed. After that, some final touches and padding and it's done!

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2016, 10:13 PM »
That looks fantastic! Really, we'll done on the layering. Now get a visor in there and we'll see you at Motor City.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Kurshi BeJahaal

Re: Kurshi BeJaha'al's Scratch Build is DONE!
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2016, 10:00 PM »
That looks fantastic! Really, we'll done on the layering. Now get a visor in there and we'll see you at Motor City.

Thank you! And How's this for you?

I couldn't leave it alone. I had to "unweather" it by covering up some of the scuffs on the face. I'M MUCH happier with it now. I painted my antenna and the side buttons, and well as painted my ears copper. The visor isn't permanently in, but it will be soon. If it's not raining too bad tomorrow, it'll get blackwashed. :)

It feels good to be about done!

After getting OM (whenever that may be) I'll be adding voice amps and all that jazz. But! First things first! See you this weekend!

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Kurshi BeJaha'al's Scratch Build DONE!
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Awesome!  I haven't looked at the status of your overall build, yet, but will you be in kit with us?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2016, 04:35 PM »
Awesome!  I haven't looked at the status of your overall build, yet, but will you be in kit with us?

That's the plan. I've got a good bit done on it and hope to finish up all the last minute things before Sunday. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. The Michigan clan has been extremely helpful and and encouraging. So I'd like to thank you all in advance. Here's part of my kit before painting the ab plate.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 05:36 PM »
congratz on the bucket vod! it looks really awesome. have fun trooping in it. and like the beard. really jealous  :P

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2016, 08:52 PM »
congratz on the bucket vod! it looks really awesome. have fun trooping in it. and like the beard. really jealous  :P

Thank you! It was quite comfortable to troop in on Sunday. And thanks for the beard compliment! I just got tired of shaving and said "Forget it". Haha. I didn't know how I'd like having one, but I've kept one for about three years... You can say it's grown on me.  :laugh: :laugh: ;D

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 04:02 AM »
nice you did your first troop. how was it? did people like it :D can't imagine they didn't :)
XD it grown on you, yeaa that's the right way to say that. I can't grow a beard :( such a unfair word XD 
when are you going for application?

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 07:00 AM »
nice you did your first troop. how was it? did people like it :D can't imagine they didn't :)
XD it grown on you, yeaa that's the right way to say that. I can't grow a beard :( such a unfair word XD 
when are you going for application?

The troop was a blast! Everyone I met from the Tra'cor clan was super cool! (It was a joint event with the Rancor and Tra'cor clans.) I got a lot of complements from both OM's and the people at the Con. I can't wait for our next event.

I also plan on submitting my photos soon. One of our Rusalors took my photos and will be getting them to me soon. I'm hoping to submit by the end of this week. Fingers crossed!  :)

How about you?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:41 PM by Kurshi BeJahaal » Logged

Mi'ix

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2016, 07:54 AM »
Glad you made it out, buddy.  You're going to have those kill stripes in no time!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2016, 10:26 AM »
Congrats on your first troop vod!  Tra'cor is an awesome clan, sounds like they're taking good care of you.  I'm loving your kit so far man, great job on the helmet.  And dat beard!!   :o 

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2016, 11:28 AM »
nice to hear you had a blast :D my first troop was so cool :D I want more :D grrrr but first getting the stripes ^^ I have my fingers crossed for you vod :)   

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2016, 03:05 PM »
This looks even more impressive in person! You did a fantastic job vod!

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2016, 08:52 PM »
Glad you made it out, buddy.  You're going to have those kill stripes in no time!

Glad to have made it out! I couldn't have asked to meet a better bunch of people. And thanks! I'm looking forward to that little status change on my profile. :)

Congrats on your first troop vod!  Tra'cor is an awesome clan, sounds like they're taking good care of you.  I'm loving your kit so far man, great job on the helmet.  And dat beard!!   :o 

While Tra'cor isn't my home clan, I feel like they could be my adopted family Haha! Thanks for all the complements as well. It's awesome seeing it in pictures all together. It's a day that couldn't come fast enough!

nice to hear you had a blast :D my first troop was so cool :D I want more :D grrrr but first getting the stripes ^^ I have my fingers crossed for you vod :)   

Have you only done one? And when do you plan on going for your OM?

This looks even more impressive in person! You did a fantastic job vod!

Thank you my friend! It's a shame to hear that you have to wait a few years before getting your stripes, but your kit already looks so dang good!

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2016, 11:54 AM »
I wore my kit for 3 times now :) and I'm working on my stripes first time I didn't made the cut and had to adjust a little thing so now waiting for there answer :D and you?

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 04:13 PM »
I wore my kit for 3 times now :) and I'm working on my stripes first time I didn't made the cut and had to adjust a little thing so now waiting for there answer :D and you?

I'm waiting in one of our Rus'alors to get me the pictures. I believe they went to our pre-app group before I actually submit them. But it could be as soon as the end of the week. I'm stoked!  :) 8)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!