Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Demors new legacy build."updated build pg 3"

• 41 Replies
Demors new legacy build."updated build pg 3"
« on: Mar 27, 2015, 02:40 PM »
Well here we go. Im using walmart buckets to construct. have the torso more or less built just have the collar to do.

im gonna cut a bigger diamond and put it above the plate.

Shoulders

back plate is made from some sintra i had laying around. still have alot to work out, but i think this is a good start for now. i will post pics of it attatched as soon as i figure out how i am gonna do it.

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 09:15 PM by Demor Kodiko » Logged

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Demors new legacy build.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2015, 02:42 PM »
Looking good so far!  :)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Why thank you kind sir. My only concern that I had was the bottom tang on the abs. It is a bit bigger than it should be, but the point reaches my belly button. If I had added the fourth plate it would have extended way past it... I am happy with it either way.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Yeah, it was meant to be customizable that way (I drew it for a tall fellow)...most folks only use the 3 lames.  :)

Rob

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2015, 01:25 AM »
Most folks do and then there's me... I'm short but the four ab sections work for me.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2015, 04:29 PM »
well more progress to report.

front shot, after looking at this i might actually need the fourth plate.

looking at this one, im gonna need to shape the top backplate

leather straps to connect front and back

got my knees cut and one pair of shins.... ran outta buckets so im kinda on hold for the time being

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Hey look at you moving right along here! Good progress Vod!

QMU#084
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:09 PM »
It's actually surprising how fast this has gone. Granted I still have to form the knees, get some gaunts, make a cod/kama, soft parts and fix my stalker, but yea moving along.

Bowfanny

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:13 PM »
My buddy uses lighters on the knees to get the curves just right

QMU#084
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:15 PM »
I think I remember you saying that on another guys post... I'll have to try.i should ask though, the sizing in your opinion, should I add the 4th plate at the bottom?

« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2015, 07:46 PM by Demor Kodiko » Logged

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2015, 11:15 PM »
Make sure you leave room for a girth or ammo belt. :)

Rob

« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2015, 05:41 PM »
Whelp...... Just found my backplates are really flimsy.... Sooooooo I'm out of buckets.... I might just work this outta metal.

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2015, 12:03 PM »
Well i have gotten my back plates cut out and i grinded the edges down a bit. maybe a little rough, but after running my fingers down the edges, i am satisfied that i wont get cut or damage my vest.

also had to modify my stalker to fix damages done while stripping the paint and an accidental dropping.......

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:43 PM »
sooooo i have a bit of a dilemma. i might have gotten a little over zealous while assemmbling my back plates...... see i was using steel i had gotten out of a refridgerator.....and i got this because i wasnt thinking.

now, i have tried to feather it in to have it be smooth.....

not a big deal to me, but i wanted to gather some opinions as to if it is all right the way it is, or if there is a way to fix this without having to start all over.

other pics

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:58 PM »
If you can live with it, I wouldn't sweat it....you'd have to either take a grinding disc to it, or use a thin skim of Bondo or 'glass over it.

I think it adds character, and if you are going to use a cape or backpack/jetpack, it's not going to show that much, anyway.

Rob

Bowfanny

« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Also there's a primer out there called primer filler that fills small imperfections like that if you're too against it.

QMU#084
« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2015, 08:04 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys. I might leave it for now and see how it works out... Working with what I have for paints..... No cash to buy things like that

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2015, 08:11 PM »
It kinda looks like animal skin...elephant or Bantha.  ;)

Rob

« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2015, 08:17 PM »
I had actually thought of that... Be something to go into one of the beast brigades with it.... Would have to kinda change up the color scheme.

« Reply #19 on: Apr 01, 2015, 03:57 PM »
well another day, a few more plates cut. i got my thighs and cod piece cut out. Cod has been mostly shaped, thank god my grandpa has an anvil laying around.

will post as soon as photobucket comes back online, ill post pictures.

« Reply #20 on: Apr 02, 2015, 04:07 PM »
Alrighty then. So the past few days have been rather productive if i may say so myself. i have everything cut out minus the shins and the foot armor. PHOTODUMP!!!!!

bit of shaping with the trusty anvil..

Bowfanny

« Reply #21 on: Apr 02, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Getting there! Literally piece by piece!

QMU#084
« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2015, 04:22 PM »
it has been a real pain in the shebs...... literally... cuts all over my hands and little hot metal shards flying allover the place.... almost as bad as the sand on tatooine. hardest thing i am having trouble with is the edges. i have them mostly rounded out but everytime i think i did a good job removing the burrs, more show up.....i have to figure out how i am gonna assemble the gaunts..

Bowfanny

« Reply #23 on: Apr 02, 2015, 04:43 PM »
it has been a real pain in the shebs...... literally... cuts all over my hands and little hot metal shards flying allover the place.... almost as bad as the sand on tatooine. hardest thing i am having trouble with is the edges. i have them mostly rounded out but everytime i think i did a good job removing the burrs, more show up.....i have to figure out how i am gonna assemble the gaunts..
My suggestion on the gaunts is carefully! ;D

QMU#084
« Reply #24 on: Apr 02, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Yeah....... Might have to rivet them then shape. Only thing I can think of to keep them lined up. I would weld, but I lack the skill for one. Two, the metal is thin. Thicker than sheet metal of the roll but not by much. I'm actually surprised as to how flimsy it isn't.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!