Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

issue solved can someone delete this thread thanks..

• 6 Replies
issue solved can someone delete this thread thanks..
« on: Apr 04, 2015, 07:28 PM »
issue resolved thanks all, please delete the thread..

« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2015, 05:38 PM by photogeyk » Logged

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Who do we have that makes a good side opening vest?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2015, 07:42 PM »
Me. Zip up the side and shoulder. I work exclusively in leather though, which is a bit pricey for some folks.

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2015, 08:25 PM »
Who do we have that makes a good side opening vest?, Im looking to do vertical velcro closures as im permanently mounting my armor and spine plates so i cant do a back enclosure.. Not looking to use leather or faux leather, also im 6ft 350 lbs so im going to need a pretty big amount of fabric..
Check out Sidi Ren. Pretty positive she uses side closures.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2015, 03:33 PM »
Me. Zip up the side and shoulder. I work exclusively in leather though, which is a bit pricey for some folks.

Define pricey.  lol

If you don't like bad news, you should get out of the leadership business. Your job is to hear as much bad news as there is out there and to figure out ways of dealing with it. -Unknown

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Material is usually ~100 plus labour, priced at 20/h (very reasonable in Australia) for about 4 hours work, plus shipping. And all in Australian dollars, which at the moment is fairly expensive :P So for US customers it's not unusual to hit the ~240AUD mark.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2015, 08:30 AM »
Material is usually ~100 plus labour, priced at 20/h (very reasonable in Australia) for about 4 hours work, plus shipping. And all in Australian dollars, which at the moment is fairly expensive :P So for US customers it's not unusual to hit the ~240AUD mark.

For leather work and being AUD that really isn't that bad, it comes in at ~183 USD and some of the other vendors basic price is ~100 USD so thats not bad at all for full leather.  Being in Texas though a leather vest sounds like murder waiting to happen wearing it. 

If you don't like bad news, you should get out of the leadership business. Your job is to hear as much bad news as there is out there and to figure out ways of dealing with it. -Unknown

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Heh, you might be surprised at that. It's the multiple layers really, not so much the leather. Though you do have to take more care of leather - you can't just throw it in the washing machine after a troop.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!