Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Young Mando in Crutches @ Celebration

• 36 Replies

Syper

• Mess with the bull....you get the Battle-Horn!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Young Mando in Crutches @ Celebration
« on: Apr 23, 2015, 12:27 AM »
Sunday I walked pass the Mercs booth for the last time, I was trying to take in the last final bits of Celebration memories before heading home. As I walked down one of the aisles with my family we came across a young boy in crutches with Mandalorian armor on. I don't know the details of his condition but I thought that must be  one cool kid. I told his Mom that my kids and I all suited up earlier that day and gave each of her kids one of my trading cards. I asked if I could take a photo of her son with my kids, and we did. Mom asked me where she could get a Kids sized helmets. I told her I didn't know of any builders making kids sized helmets but I did tell her about the two piece rubies jango helmet I used for my son.

Long story short I thought about this boy the whole drive home. I should have taken Moms contact information. I should have walked them back over to the Mercs booth to see if anyone from the local Clan could assist them. We are a charitable organization and here was a little boy trying his best to suit up and be a Mandalorian. I'm upset with myself that I didn't reach out more to help this boy.

I know that my fellow Brothers and Sisters could and would all come together to help this young boy complete his suit if we could. I'm asking my fellow Mandalorians two questions really, Could we as a club, pitch in and build this boy a helmet to match his armor? and the real magic trick could we even find him? I only have two photos. His mom looked to be Asian and the kids all looked half Asian and half Caucasian. the boy in crutches had an older sister maybe around ten years old and a younger brother a bit younger than him.
That's all I have to go on, maybe we can put the word out on FB? not sure were to even start.
Any thoughts on how I can find them would be appreciated

(=Syper=) Jim

MMCC #1021
Bearded Mando #89
IT-Mando #12
Protector Battalion #37
Syper’s WIP - SYPER's Pre-Pro 2 Build - Syper's Boba Fett Jet Pack Effect

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Young Mando in Crutches @ Celebration
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2015, 12:47 AM »
Hopefully someone will think of a way to track him down. If he ends up being from SoCal, we'll get him taken care of.

Davin Karr

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2015, 01:35 AM »
Hopefully someone will think of a way to track him down. If he ends up being from SoCal, we'll get him taken care of.

Yes we shall

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2015, 01:44 AM »
Can we post that pic on FB?  I figure the best way to reach them is to get that picture out.  Maybe someone will know him.

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 300 Troops Celebration Anaheim 2022 200 troops 250 Troops 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2015, 02:01 AM »
We need to find out who he is and build him that bucket. I'm most definitely down to help. I'll spread the word anyway I can.

Official Invasions: 265
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan

Arctic Ops WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174054.msg2027502#msg2027502

Post Imperial WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=200180.0

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Hey all, I'll be living in So-cal this summer, and am more than willing to offer my help as well!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2015, 01:52 AM »
You guys are so awesome.  My husband and I are still building our kits, with the express purpose of getting official and then being able to go out and do charity runs.  Or whatever they are called.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2015, 12:44 AM »
We should fit this little man with new plates!!  New bucket and armor.  Let's hope we find him and let's give him some goods :)

Takisir

• Great moments are born from great opportunity's
« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2015, 01:27 AM »
His armor is better shaped than mine is  :laugh: :laugh:

Official Troops- 0 UO Troops- 5
I probably will mess up my picture links, so here-
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Takisir/library/?sort=3&page=1
Desert theme, possibly Desert ops later on kit-  
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82736.0

Syper

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Apr 30, 2015, 12:55 PM »
We are definitely getting the word out on FB, thanks to all the Star Wars fans and just about every SW Costume Club out there. I'm setting the "Care-Bounty" very high on this Boy:) Assisting him to complete his build will not only warm our cold Mandalorian hearts, but it best demonstrates who we really are as a people and as a charitable organization.

"Aliit ori'shya tl'din"

(=Syper=)

MMCC #1021
Bearded Mando #89
IT-Mando #12
Protector Battalion #37

TrevelyanL85A2

• Ask and ye shall know
« Reply #10 on: Apr 30, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Signal Buoys have been deployed to a So Cal mando clan and the SW Celebration Anaheim facebook group.

twistedxknights

• A.K.A. Thomar Ca Verd
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 12:45 AM »
Signal boosted into the star wars Celebration Anaheim group on Facebook.

Syper

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 11:36 AM »
Signal Buoys have been deployed to a So Cal mando clan and the SW Celebration Anaheim facebook group.

Signal boosted into the star wars Celebration Anaheim group on Facebook.

Thank You:)

MMCC #1021
Bearded Mando #89
IT-Mando #12
Protector Battalion #37

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 03:29 PM »
Signal picked up and relayed to Star Wars Fans forever.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 08:13 PM »
I've seen these images Several Times (All over F/B , way to go Mercs  ;)) and it Really hit's me Hard.
 When we Do Find Him (no If's) ... I will Be in for Whatever is needed to get this little Guy kitted up ....  ;D

Please Don't Hesitate to contact me night or Day when I can Help , Here and or F/B ... Lets get it Done !

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Ruusaan Ordo

• Profile Pic by Senaar Ordo
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 09:07 PM »
I boosted the signal as well. Good hunting everyone!!

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Vega, Leah, Remo, Aaron

MMCC#0503-MAJIC#23-M.A.#103-MTS#15-QMG#05

PTCES by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Syper

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 10:49 AM »
I've seen these images Several Times (All over F/B , way to go Mercs  ;)) and it Really hit's me Hard.
 When we Do Find Him (no If's) ... I will Be in for Whatever is needed to get this little Guy kitted up ....  ;D

Please Don't Hesitate to contact me night or Day when I can Help , Here and or F/B ... Lets get it Done !

Thank you ConDar Ward and Ruusaan Ordo:)

The word has gotten out all over the SW costuming community and that's awesome but sadly still no luck. I'm now looking at the possibility of contacting local LA area news stations but at this point I believe I should clear any further actions though my Clan leadership and up to Tom. I'm hoping to get the needed clearance before moving forward. Once we have a green light I'll contact Manda'galaar Clan leadership and ask if they would be whiling to meet with the media. Then I can concentrate on finding a station willing to help us.

We are more that just a SW costuming club, we're a Mandalorian family, a true brotherhood and in true Mandalorian culture we take care of our young, old, sick and anyone needing assistance. This boy is our little brother and our assistance is mandated. I take joy knowing I'm not in this search alone. A "CareBounty" has been set high and we will not stop searching until we find him!

(=Syper=)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:52 AM by Syper » Logged
MMCC #1021
Bearded Mando #89
IT-Mando #12
Protector Battalion #37

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 11:34 AM »
As one of the Manda'galaar officers, I'm pretty confident in saying you have our full support if you get the go-ahead to meet with media.

Syper

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 12:12 PM »
As one of the Manda'galaar officers, I'm pretty confident in saying you have our full support if you get the go-ahead to meet with media.

Thank you Brother:)

MMCC #1021
Bearded Mando #89
IT-Mando #12
Protector Battalion #37

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 10:19 PM »
Where are we at with this kid? :)  Any luck?

ares

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Dec 01, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Signal Boosted here as well.

Have reward bounty posted for any information leading to direct visual affirmation and coordinates.
All Armorers are on location, and on call, at all hours.
Likewise, ample Credits deposited and awaiting Transfer codes

KANDOSII RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT - "We save lives. Starting with Yours."

OM 1297  |  B.O.M.B 54

Udesii Baar'ur

• You only live once, why not die a hero
« Reply #21 on: Feb 01, 2016, 04:10 AM »
Has there been any luck in finding this kid?

ウデシー バーラー
(udeshii baaraa)

#85 Elegant Mandos
#20 Tough Mando Society
#10 Ewok Relocation Agency
#22 M.A.R.S.
#07 Mandalolita
#155 MAJIC

Cyrus Ulto

• Kaden'runi
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2016, 11:16 AM »
This is like the story of Cinderella, only in a galaxy far far away.

I too eagerly await an update.

Mandobhooah

• I'll try my best
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:19 AM »
This is one of the reasons I want to join up, you mercs are the greatest guys!

ares

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 11:15 AM »
Not letting this die.

Just re-posted on my FaceBook, including a $250 Bounty Reward for anyone finding him.
That's a general bounty that Ill pay anyone, so if you all want to Re-Boost the signal on your Facebook/Social sites with the bounty, Ill pay for it!

Ares

KANDOSII RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT - "We save lives. Starting with Yours."

OM 1297  |  B.O.M.B 54

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!