Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Starting Planning on my first kit

• 0 Replies
Starting Planning on my first kit
« on: Jan 12, 2017, 09:35 AM »
Hello -- not a lot of content yet but just starting my planning on concept etc for my first kit. Basic concept is floating somewhere between a Mando with some cybernetic replacements and a slicer / comms / weapons engineer Mando; my pie in the sky idea is to have a two part 'helmet' which consists in part of a Lobot-style cyber enhancement on the lower half which the properly shaped / modded helmet can fit / over on -- leaving part of the cyber gear visible -- looking like part of the helmet as a whole. I'm not sure I can pull that off so I may go a little simpler the first time out the gate with more of an indication of comms gear and some extra blinky / led work as an indication of the slicer / comms stuff.

I do have my first bucket in hand and am planning some mods to it -- mostly T-visor shape and some bulking out of the lower rim to indicate additional gear.

My inspiration comes in part from some art which 'reimagined' Boba ( which I'm sure most people have seen ).

Obviously this is not straight up star wars style so it needs to be adapted, but I do like the use of things such as the cabling interconnects between parts and the forms on the helmet.

Colouring is up in the air at the moment but I'm thinking a deep blue-green as the primary tone of armor plating. I'm aiming for Modern but if it gets too 'wierd' I will push into Legacy CRL I believe.

Weapons are likely to remain in the pistol / sub-carbine area though things like a Bowcaster, DC-15A or an adaption of a Bo-Rifle to push up the weapons engineer feel.

Thoughts?

Quick addition -- was wondering what folks felt about sizing on this helmet -- keep in mind there are no earcaps on it yet. Also my chin is at least an inch up above the bottom of the front -- though I need to pad it a little -- eyes line up with the T-cross pretty well.

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 09:59 AM by paradogmatic » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!