Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ThisJustin's Armour Parts WIP

• 3 Replies
ThisJustin's Armour Parts WIP
« on: May 28, 2019, 11:23 PM »
Hey everyone!

I started on my Soft Parts here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=169280.0

I figured it was time to talk about my hard parts! Look forward to everyones replies!

I started my Armour templates and had a few inputs form the app team. I have since had them cut from 6mm Sintra and I bevelled the edges (Some spots will have to be battle damaged....first time using a router!).

I also wanted to kinda take inspiration of the Mandalorians Vambraces and design my own that would look kinda cool. I am a novice at 3D modelling but I used a Boba Vambrace as a sizing guide and went for it, creating something unique and hopefully fun! I went through a number of variations before printing.

Re: ThisJustin's Armour Parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 01:17 AM »
Your bracers have a great shape! The bump on the right gauntlet looks like it houses something, what are you doing there? Does something go on the flat spot at the front of the left one?

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:44 PM »
Really like the design of those vambraces.
 :like: :boba: :like:

QQ: can you extend your arms forward or cross them without the plates binding or biting you?  I ask because the plates look just a hair too wide, from left to right.  Or, they could be brought closer to the center, so that the outside edge matches up to the outer edge of the collar.

That aside, your spacing looks just right. Keep at it!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Your bracers have a great shape! The bump on the right gauntlet looks like it houses something, what are you doing there? Does something go on the flat spot at the front of the left one?

Thank you! I was planning on making that open to interpretation. Like a dart shooter or something. As for the flat spot, indeed! I will be adding some buttons to fidget with. I'll also be adding a few greeblies here and there after its painted. I always liked how Boba had a couple switches.

Really like the design of those vambraces.
 :like: :boba: :like:

QQ: can you extend your arms forward or cross them without the plates binding or biting you?  I ask because the plates look just a hair too wide, from left to right.  Or, they could be brought closer to the center, so that the outside edge matches up to the outer edge of the collar.

That aside, your spacing looks just right. Keep at it!

I am super pleased with my vambraces! It's super rewarding to have an idea and to have them work out!

As for the plates, yeah I had no problems with extending my arms. Crossing my arms though is frustratingly impossible with the vambraces on. Also, the plates kept slipping as the tape did NOT like my vest material. But yes, moving in and curving some spots more will help I am sure. My plan is to form my plates and then mount them. But before paint touches them I will post and get some feedback from the App team, allowing me to adjust before crying!

Than you for the feedback guys!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!