Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ridge Revo's first WIP

• 51 Replies

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
Re: Ridge Revo's first WIP
« Reply #25 on: Sep 29, 2015, 10:29 PM »
I love the way this is coming out!  Can I ask about your girth belt?  What are you using for it?  Looks interesting from the back shot.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Adenn'Kal

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #26 on: Sep 30, 2015, 10:01 AM »
Love the look. I was thinking of doind dhoulder platrs like that for my suit and i love the look. Great job vod.

Have you joined the plates on the back with straps ? What kind of straps did you use ?

Veran Rex

• "You Can Run And Hide But I Will Find You "
« Reply #27 on: Sep 30, 2015, 06:17 PM »
I love the colors you are going to use

"Gar lise viinir bal haaranovor, a ni mar'eyi gar"
« Reply #28 on: Oct 01, 2015, 02:34 AM »
Wow, awesome work man, love the design. Have you thought about using leather and more snaps /Chicago screws to connect the pauldrons?
Thanks man! I am going to connect the pauldrons to the collar section of the back plate. I'll use some Chicago screws to mount them, and some small neodymium magnets on the corners to keep them from flopping around. I'm also using some larger neo mags on both collar sections of the back and chest plates to snap the two halves together.
this looks amazing!
Thanks a lot!
Fantastic looking armor vod, I really like where this is going!
Thank you! I think my head is starting to swell!!!
I love the way this is coming out!  Can I ask about your girth belt?  What are you using for it?  Looks interesting from the back shot.
I got my girth belt from Sidi Ren here on the forums. Go to her thread in the supply depot for the link to her site. The link is about half way down the first comment on the thread.
Here's the front

And the back

Love the look. I was thinking of doing shoulder plates like that for my suit and i love the look. Great job vod.

Have you joined the plates on the back with straps ? What kind of straps did you use ?
Thanks vod! I used the "Ohld Vart" templates for my pauldrons, and added the little notches in them to match the rest of my design.

For the strapping material, I am using a leftover piece of nylon heavy duty truck strap from my work. It's 4" wide, but I've been cutting it in half with my wood burning tool.

I love the colors you are going to use
It's good to see another 12 on the forums! Go Hawks!

Thank you all so much for the kind words! You have made my day! You guys are the best!

OM#2144

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Oct 01, 2015, 02:57 AM »
Thank you ,vod.  Again, fantastic job so far.  Gonna be epic when it's finished.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Veran Rex

« Reply #30 on: Oct 01, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Ur Welcome
Cant Wait To See It All Finished......
:)

« Reply #31 on: Oct 02, 2015, 10:30 PM »
 I ran this question by the app team recently, but I'm not sure they understood what I was asking, plus my reference pics didn't go through. Since Ralin Voth  responded to my question, and has also commented on this thread, I will ask the question again.
I'm considering having my trauma plates raised off my main chest plate approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch. I have two reasons.
1. I think some LED's under each plate and the diamond would look really cool.
2. I think the slight increase in the pectoral size will balance out my chest with my pizza/beer/ice cream belly! Haha!
So what do you think? Is there any reason that wouldn't work for my Legacy Mando?
Here's some pictures to see what I mean.

OM#2144

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #32 on: Oct 02, 2015, 10:56 PM »
I personally think it's a fantastic idea! Simply because you're beefing up your kit and keeping everything solid above and below the trauma plates.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Oct 02, 2015, 11:34 PM »
That's a little different than what I pictured, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Pretty cool looking!

« Reply #34 on: Oct 04, 2015, 04:02 AM »
  I picked up my fabric for my scrubs/flight suit at Joannes today, and stopped by the craft warehouse and look what I found!

I only wrapped them around the outside of my trauma plates and tucked them in. I will have a more permanent plan for installing them later. The glow that it gives off against the white armor and bucket is making me rethink my original color scheme. Of course if I leave it white I'm sure I'll be called a Stormtrooper everywhere I go.
~Says to self- Stay on target, stay on target!~
I think I'll keep my original colors! ;)
So what do you guys think? Do you think that the lights will "add to" or "take away" from the Swarzyness of my Mando?

OM#2144
« Reply #35 on: Oct 04, 2015, 09:59 AM »
Wow that looks cool, I may have to steal that idea.

« Reply #36 on: Oct 04, 2015, 01:45 PM »
AWESOME!!!

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

stifler

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din!!!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #37 on: Oct 05, 2015, 02:44 PM »
This beskar is so AWESOME!
Very beautiful and clever!

Gaten Kolas
MMCC 1333

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #38 on: Oct 05, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Totally adds bad shebsyness to the kit man! It's sick looking!

QMU#084

Veran Rex

« Reply #39 on: Oct 06, 2015, 11:19 PM »
I love the lights :) Thats a good idea to do

Bowfanny

« Reply #40 on: Oct 07, 2015, 12:04 AM »
I'm actually jealous of your kit now Vod! A very clean helmet followed by a very nice setup on your plates!

QMU#084

Adenn'Kal

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #41 on: Oct 07, 2015, 12:51 PM »
Love the idea of the raised plate to beef the torso, i also have a beer/pizza belly to compensate for and this seems like a nice idea. I'll keep it in mind.

The leds gives a cool look but not a fan personnaly, but great work !

« Reply #42 on: Apr 20, 2017, 03:41 AM »
It's been a really really long time since my last update! I'm still alive and progress is still being made on my kit. I still need boots and boot armor. And a weapon and some ammo pouches/utility belt. My gauntlets are on the way. April Storm is printing me some! I lost 35lbs. in the past year, so I'll probably have to tailor my scrubs a little more. Here are a few pics of what I have done.

[/URL]

[/img]

I still have all the weathering to do also, not to mention I still need to decide on a paint design.

OM#2144

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #43 on: Apr 20, 2017, 04:04 AM »
Welcome back ner vod! Armor kooks freaking amazing!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Bowfanny

« Reply #44 on: Apr 20, 2017, 01:09 PM »
That is glorious! We need to schedule a fun day where you can make it!

QMU#084
« Reply #45 on: Apr 21, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Holy cow!  Glad to see you back at it man!  Your progress looks great.  Congrats on the weigh loss as well, hopefully it doesn't mess up the fit too bad.

Formerly known as TheRevan1te
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2017, 04:06 AM »
Thanks for the compliments! I got just enough progress done that I was able to wear it for free comic book day , though I had to borrow a blaster from my TK/Tusken buddy! I still have a list of things to finish(boot armor, strapping fixes, weathering and paint, utility belt, greeblies, etc....) Here's a few pics. What do you think?

OM#2144

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Progress! ;D
I like the look of this kit, so far.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2017, 03:47 AM »
Do your ab plates slide up beneath your chest plates?  If so I would be interested to know your strapping technique.

« Reply #49 on: Jun 03, 2017, 07:45 PM »
Progress! ;D
I like the look of this kit, so far.
Thank you kindly! It's slow progress, but progress none the less!

Do your ab plates slide up beneath your chest plates?  If so I would be interested to know your strapping technique.

Yes they do! They all overlap each other. Here's a few pics that might help. I used a 4" wide strap down the middle to keep the lames spaced out right. The 3/4" white straps hold the lames in and up so that they stay lined up in a profile view.

OM#2144

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!