Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ridge Revo's first WIP

• 51 Replies
Re: Ridge Revo's first WIP
« Reply #45 on: Apr 21, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Holy cow!  Glad to see you back at it man!  Your progress looks great.  Congrats on the weigh loss as well, hopefully it doesn't mess up the fit too bad.
Formerly known as TheRevan1te

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2017, 04:06 AM »
Thanks for the compliments! I got just enough progress done that I was able to wear it for free comic book day , though I had to borrow a blaster from my TK/Tusken buddy! I still have a list of things to finish(boot armor, strapping fixes, weathering and paint, utility belt, greeblies, etc....) Here's a few pics. What do you think?

STRAKAZulu

• Aliit Ori'Shya Tal'Din
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Progress! ;D
I like the look of this kit, so far.
MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora
"Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living."

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2017, 03:47 AM »
Do your ab plates slide up beneath your chest plates?  If so I would be interested to know your strapping technique.

« Reply #49 on: Jun 03, 2017, 07:45 PM »
Progress! ;D
I like the look of this kit, so far.
Thank you kindly! It's slow progress, but progress none the less!

Do your ab plates slide up beneath your chest plates?  If so I would be interested to know your strapping technique.

Yes they do! They all overlap each other. Here's a few pics that might help. I used a 4" wide strap down the middle to keep the lames spaced out right. The 3/4" white straps hold the lames in and up so that they stay lined up in a profile view.

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGUNGIGATOR
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #50 on: Jun 03, 2017, 09:46 PM »
When are we going to see you in Pre App!?
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
Dog lobster supporter #38
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120
Kilted Mando Brigade Member #24
Legacy W.I.P.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80766.0
Pre Vizsla Phase II Helmet W.I.P.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79261.0

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #51 on: Jun 03, 2017, 09:56 PM »
Those pictures were most helpful, but what I was looking to do was having the plates slide beneath each other completely allowing me to bend over.  Yours seem screwed into place, with the middle screw on the wide strap above each plate so it can't sink beneath the one above it.  Either way though, it's a fantastic build you've done, and I look forward to seeing the progress!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!