Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fraktilfilth - 1st Build

• 4 Replies
Fraktilfilth - 1st Build
« on: May 15, 2015, 06:41 AM »
Hello Everyone
Here are my plans for my armour along with an idea of the colouring I am looking at.
The thinking behind the character is for a Mando Sniper based on a forest planet. I have given him alternate thigh and shin armour for when in a kneeling position and articulated back armour to allow for greater flexibility. I will be looking at adding on some netting style soft parts as a scarf / cape that can be dressed with foliage. All of the camo patterning will be hand painted in a similar way that greasepaint would be applied to the face.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:09 PM by fraktilfilth » Logged
Re: Fraktilfilth - 1st Build
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2015, 06:21 PM »
Finally got round to trying on the armour templates. The collar kept popping up (only had corrugated card lying about) also looking at it now i feel that they should be a little bit smaller to help with the spacing.

Also stumbled across another problem. The flack vest I made at the start of May is now too small (lots of gym time equals bigger chest and back) so back to the drawing board on that one.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2015, 06:36 PM »
If you can get shots of you directly facing the camera, that would help folks get a better idea of any sizing or spacing issues.  That's too bad about your flak vest. 

I'll keep an eye out for more updates.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2015, 05:22 AM »
Front Facing View

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2015, 11:08 AM »
It's hard to tell with the left side of the collar floating free, but it looks like the chest plates need to come up a bit.  It also appears that the collar itself is pretty wide and might need to be trimmed.  You'll definitely want some others folks to chime in on this, as my own experience with this is still very limited.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!