Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ziya'kih Takuur's armor

• 5 Replies
Ziya'kih Takuur's armor
« on: Jul 31, 2017, 09:50 AM »
Slightly updated with the correct images.

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017, 10:19 AM by Ziya'kih Taakur » Logged

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Ziya'kih Takuur's armor
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2017, 12:14 PM »
It looks like you're off to a good start. You should probably take a picture with your current paper templates taped to you, so that we can advise you on the sizing and spacing of your armor.

In terms of the design, perhaps you can have blue as the original color peeking out of your paint job like how the supercommandos in TCW have their PreVisla blue showing in bits underneath their Darth Maul Zabarak colors. It could be part of your character's back story. But it's just a thought. Regardless, best of luck on your kit! :)

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017, 04:46 PM by grantaire » Logged
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2017, 04:28 PM »
The clan in my area does workshop nights. I had burrowed a template for my pieces and returned them that night. They were helping me where to place and such. I will post more pictures once things get more shaped out and such.

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2017, 09:59 PM »
Added some more pics of my progress. I won't be using the scrubs as a flak jacket. The one pic with the fabric will be. I am using duck cloth. I will be tweaking to try have set with straps on the side if allowed. I plan on using scrubs for my flight suit.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2017, 06:43 PM »
I added a new photo of the pieces I had assistance with of cutting the extra sintra.

Boxception

• Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2017, 12:04 AM »
Off to a good start vod.  As stated though before you start shaping try to have a pic with the templates for sizing. Once you get going it's hard to correct stuff the more you travel down the rabbit hole.  But you are on the right track. Good luck

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW       Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
MY WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=135464.msg1752482#msg1752482

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!