Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Get'al Aran Beskar'gam WIP

• 129 Replies

Evad

• Shereshoy
Re: Get'al Aran Beskar'gam WIP
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2016, 02:42 AM »
Update

So there has not been much progress that I have documented with pictures, but there are a few things that I've had the opportunity to work on.  First I was able to get my flightsuit and vest tailored, however I do need to go back to the tailor so they can work around the neck seal as that needs to be further adjusted.  Secondly, my cape has been cut and now needs to be stitched and sewn to properly fall how I want it.  I also started working on the Kama, though the initial cut looks to be a little too small, so I think I'll need to cut out a larger pattern. 

I took the visor of my helmet to a shop that will paint it professionally, but he's backed up right now, so I've got at least another week before I can even see what he's been able to do with it.  It was surprisingly hard to find a automotive paint place that would be able to do that.  Here's hoping it's a good fit, because the guy has already had it for like two weeks, and hasn't touched it. 

I ordered my tickets for Celebration in Orlando for next year, as I do hope to have my kit at least wearable by that time.  So that's the deadline I've set for myself.  Now I just need to find the time to work on the kit fully. 

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #106 on: Jun 07, 2016, 12:30 AM »
Visor Painted!

I was recently contacted by the paintshop that had my visor.  I haven't been able to go back up to my parent's house where it's sitting, but I did get some pictures, and I saw it on Skype.  The visor looks so impressive, and exactly what I was going for.  Reports from the parents say that it feels as smooth as glass, and it's super glossy.  So I think this really sells the homage to the Royal Guard influence of my kit.  I don't yet know what I'll be doing with the rest of the paint job (which I'll be handling) but this has got me stoked!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #107 on: Jun 07, 2016, 11:09 AM »
Oooooh, very nice!

aforklikeutensil

• Porgiatrician
« Reply #109 on: Jun 09, 2016, 01:52 PM »
Nice.  Loving the concept and can't wait to see the (rest of the) execution.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #110 on: Jun 09, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Love the helmet Vod it's lovely so far!

QMU#084

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #111 on: Jul 03, 2016, 02:16 AM »
Cape Progress

This is meant to be a shoulder cape that will hang over my right shoulder and go down to the back of my knee.  The wider section will have pleats or folds that will hopefully hold so it looks more regal.  This is the other portion of the kit that will be a hallmark to the former profession of the royal guard.  It's the same red velvet that the 501st Imperial Royal Guards use for their robes.  The seams are sewn, and it looks pretty good, though I may actually cut off the end, as the decorative border is a little odd.

This is the cape next to the pattern I created on the computer.

Draceline

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons
« Reply #112 on: Jul 13, 2016, 09:35 PM »
I love that visor. It would also help with heat dumping when need be.

This design is quite impressive so far. As is your meticulous planning. I've rarely been able to sit and plan anything in any definitive fashion. My works seem to be more "evolve as you go."

I look forward to more updates.

"As Mandalorians, we don't need the Force.
But should you ever want it on your side, don't give it a choice:
Make the Force be with you."

Armor - Soft Parts - Buy'ce - Armory
MARS #47 | NOS #02 | LOB #18 | Draluram #8 | MAJIC #161

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #113 on: Dec 31, 2016, 08:51 PM »
Update

Happy New Year to the Vode!

Well it has been a long while since I have made any progress or updates to this thread.  Since July actually, which is terrible.  I was able to get a little bit of work done on the start of my gauntlets, but other than that, I haven't had any time to devote to the kit.  Originally I had planned to have the kit wearable to attend the 2017 Celebration in Orlando.  Unfortunately that isn't going to be happening.  I don't know how much time I'll have this new year, but I've certainly not forgotten about this project or the vode.  Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive - simply trying to find the time to work on it.  Here's hoping everyone has a great New Year.  Oya!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #114 on: Jan 01, 2017, 02:38 PM »
Don't sweat it, Evad.  Real life interferes with the important stuff for all of us.   8)  We'll be here whenever you can get stuff done.  Just take your time and keep making your kit awesome.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #115 on: Jan 02, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Amen to that!  (Back after about 5 months of RL chaos, myself.)
Take care dude!

Andr_Soul

• I will show no mercy!
« Reply #116 on: Jan 26, 2017, 10:53 AM »
I'm big fan of Imperial Royal Guard (c since read Crimison Empire) your idea for the helmet just brilliant :o . I look forward to updates ....

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2017, 09:09 PM »
UPDATE!

Oya ner'vode!  It's been a while since I've been able to do much with the kit.  That is all about to change though!  After recently moving into a new apartment, I have a substantial bit more room to work with.  The new place has both a patio, and a garage that I can use for my kit - but that is not the most exciting part. 

A new brother is joining clan Rancor, and he's nearby.  We've already collaborated and are dedicated to putting together our kits.  He's got the tools, the knowledge, and the shop space we both need to really hammer these kits out.  Tomorrow is our first day to work on the kits and I'm stoked. 

Also, I figured it was time to get my first (of probably many) storage bins that I can use to transport the kit in all of it's various stages.  I purchased a Sterilite Rolling Tote for twenty dollars.  For now it'll work for my purposes, but eventually I'll need to find something bigger to fit all of my kit within. 

aforklikeutensil

• Porgiatrician
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2017, 09:55 PM »
Working on kits is always more fun when you're not flying solo.  Can't wait to see things continue to take shape.

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2017, 10:16 PM »
Gauntlet Progress

Gauntlets are made of a tube of PVC pipe.  Two sections were cut with the longer part covering the top of my forearm, and the lower being the shorter side for movement.  Then we screwed in the butterfly hinge to both pieces, and finally cut the shape to round the edges for the top of the forearm.

Gauntlet's Rough Cut

Then we sanded and rounded the corners to give the gauntlets a more streamlined feel.  There is still some shaping to do for these as the base, but I was happy with how it turned out fairly quickly. 

Gauntlet's Sanded

And last but not least, helped out in doing a version two Clone Helmet resin casting pull and got pictures with the currently in progress buckets.

Buckets Off!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!