Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Get'al Aran Beskar'gam WIP

• 129 Replies

Evad

• Shereshoy
Re: Get'al Aran Beskar'gam WIP
« Reply #61 on: Sep 24, 2015, 09:02 PM »
Gloves Purchased

Oakley Flexion

Decided to go with these from the above advice.  These will work well, especially when I sand off the brand names, color the plastic, add some Sintra, and some metal plates to parts of the back of the hand. 

Updated Checklist

• Helmet - Ordered through NME on 6/15/15
  • Flight Suit - Obtained
  • Vest - Obtained
  • Armor Plates - Partially molded/Other parts in design phase
  • Gauntlets - Purchased PVC
  • Girth BeltPre-Design Phase
  • Cape - Purchased Fabric
  • Weapons - Dual Pistols - Bondo, Sanding, Painting / Dagger - Redesigning / Rifle and hold out blaster Design Phase
  • Boots - Ordered through RedWingShoes on 9/21/15
  • Gloves - Ordered through Tactical Gear on 9/25/15
  • Kama - Design Phase

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2015, 06:11 AM by Evad » Logged

teraxis

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #62 on: Sep 26, 2015, 10:33 PM »
Honestly if you are gonna add armor plates and remove the brand names don't throw away money on expensive Oakley gloves brother there are a ton of gloves that would meet your needs for a fraction of the cost.

Mercs # 838
Photo Bucket Ate The Rest of My Signature.

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #63 on: Sep 26, 2015, 11:34 PM »
Honestly if you are gonna add armor plates and remove the brand names don't throw away money on expensive Oakley gloves brother there are a ton of gloves that would meet your needs for a fraction of the cost.

Well I'm gonna see how these fit and look before I would modify them.  I have a full year to return them no questions asked (as long as i don't modify them).  So just checking them out for now.  I haven't found any place that sells tactical gloves yet that I could go and try on in a store.  So it's kind of a trial by fire process.

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #64 on: Sep 27, 2015, 02:19 AM »
There are plenty of work gloves that have cool grip patterns at a fraction of the cost. And they tend to be pretty tough. Bonus there is you can use them as regular work gloves for a while to get them weathered and roughed up before you put them on your kit.

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #65 on: Sep 27, 2015, 03:31 AM »
There are plenty of work gloves that have cool grip patterns at a fraction of the cost. And they tend to be pretty tough. Bonus there is you can use them as regular work gloves for a while to get them weathered and roughed up before you put them on your kit.

Any thoughts on stores I might visit to try them on?

majaschwa

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Celebration Chicago
« Reply #66 on: Sep 27, 2015, 01:28 PM »
I recommended them because I have and love them, I'm rather confident u will think the same :D plus they go with a mando kit with very little modification just remove the O or mod it into a emblem haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

ALUMINATI#049
B.o.B.B#023
M.A.B.E.L. #071

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #67 on: Sep 27, 2015, 11:55 PM »
Home depot, ace, whatever hardware store is close by. And gloves are usually packaged so that you can put them on and test size before you buy.

Meshurkaan

• Dcon 2014 "Sleepytime" Award recipient.
  • The Nap'alore
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #68 on: Sep 29, 2015, 10:00 PM »
I personally love my husky gloves. And they're only $15 or so at home depot. Lowes sucks and doesn't have them.

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #69 on: Sep 30, 2015, 03:06 AM »
Crushgaunts Obtained!

Oakley Flexion Tactical Gloves

Got these today - they smell really odd, but I assume that's going to go away since they are brand new.  From the pictures you can see that they fit rather well.  The feel great on, and I can do basically anything with them on that I need to do.  They breathe really well, and they will be able to be modified in order to get a nice solid theme going with my kit. 

Updated Checklist

• Flight Suit - Obtained
  • Vest - Obtained
  • Weapons - Dual Pistols - Bondo, Sanding, Painting / Dagger - Redesigning / Rifle and hold out blaster Design Phase
  • Boots - Ordered through RedWingShoes on 9/21/15
  • Gloves - Obtained
  • Kama - Design Phase

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #70 on: Oct 03, 2015, 06:35 AM »
Shoulder Bell Concept

I'm thinking of doing a large shoulder pauldron/bell for my left shoulder, and a more traditional one for the right.  This is the concept I have for the right side, utilizing the holes to feed something through.  My right will also have a shoulder cape, so this may also have a leather like backing on this one as well, so the holes may be utilized for the shoulder cape itself.  I've seen some great shoulder designs in the Mercs, especially for Z97 - saw those in person and they are fantastic.  Not sure about this one yet though.

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #71 on: Oct 14, 2015, 11:16 PM »
Soft Parts Test Fit #1

Don't mind the headless horseman look, as I like to keep some anonymity where I can on the internet, or I just had a bad hair day - you pick. Flight suit has been unaltered, and may need to have some tailoring done.  The Corellian Bloodstripe is an iron on I got off of Ebay that works pretty well.  Flak Vest was from K'ramm from clan Rancor.  Oakley gloves and Redwing boots will also be modified.  Looking for suggestions on what might need to be tailored so it has the best fit possible.

Updated Checklist

• Flight Suit - Obtained
  • Vest - Obtained
  • Boots - Obtained
  • Gloves - Obtained
  • Kama - Design Phase

Suggestions and Comments Welcome

Evad

• Shereshoy
« Reply #72 on: Nov 11, 2015, 11:01 PM »
Bucket In Progress
NME Props Custom Build

Below are some pictures from our friends at NME Props for the custom stalker helmet I helped design, and they are creating.  Right now they are still working on editing and adjusting things as necessary, but I really wanted to let the vode see the amazing progress so far.  This is the combination of using the Imperial guard helmet influence crossing into the Mandalorian Stalker Helmet that NME created.  I'm very excited to see how far they've come.

For a comparison, the image I gave them to work with (among other references) is below.  The paint scheme will really make it shine once the visor is installed, and paint is applied.  (They are not doing the painting).  I really like the time they have dedicated to this, and the owner has been working with me through the process to ensure the final product is what I was looking for. 

They are still working on making the face plate more rounded to give it that distinct shape that the Royal Guards have.  I'm looking forward to the next set of pictures.  Also, when I do get them, I'll share the other little secret that is going to be part of the helmet.  Stay tuned vode!  Oya!

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #73 on: Nov 12, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Helmet is looking good so far. For the flight suit, I think that you need to tailor the legs quite a bit. Get rid of the hammer loop and the zipper on the butt. Dickies logo has to go as well. If you are rocking a kama then the stuff of the seat doesn't need to be removed.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #74 on: Nov 12, 2015, 08:37 PM »
I thought I was already following this! What the heck?? Well if it means anything

*creeps out from bushes* Watching with interest...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!