Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Praetor's Soft Parts... Finally! (pic heavy)

• 1 Replies

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
Praetor's Soft Parts... Finally! (pic heavy)
« on: May 28, 2015, 12:15 AM »

What are we looking at here?  Well, it’s my soft parts.  I still have to put them together, but this is them.  Let’s go over what they are and how they will be used.

The upper left is my coverall.  It’s got the double sleeve, Boba pouches on the thighs, and built-in kama.  There is not much more I’ll be doing to it besides that. 

Next to the coverall are my boots.  They are tan Army boots, for anyone who doesn’t know.  My plans for those are a pair of spats to hide the laces.  Future additions would be toe-spikes on the front and a pair of bumper spurs on the back.

The gloves are tan nomex flight gloves and will have a spat of sorts on the back of them.  That will include the pair of patches.  Those patches are for the 41st BCT, my old Brigade (Boba had the TRADOC and 7th ID patches on the backs of his gloves).

The material just above the gloves will be used for wraps around the lower legs (think the 1313 Boba), around the forearms (there will be armor, too), and as part of a Jedi-style obi attacked to the bottom of the vest.

The material under the gloves will be used for the spats on the boots and gloves as well as the vest.  All will include vertical quilting and will be self-edged.  The vest will be made in a Boba-style.

The monk’s cloth will be used as a cape.  It will be finished along two edges (with the grommet), and will be shredded along the other two for weathering.  It’ll also include a yellow Mythosaur skull painted on it.

Under the monk’s cloth is my shemagh.  My character is going to be a desert-themed beast hunter and I’m planning to use it as both a balaclava and for some general flavoring to the character.

Finally, there’s the girth belt.  My plan is to either dye it a subdued yellow or keep it natural colored.  It will hook around the back with side-release buckles.

There are still a couple of other pieces that aren’t shown, but this is the basics.  The belt and ankle flare garter will be shown when I get the material to make them.

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
Re: Praetor's Soft Parts... Finally! (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 07:09 PM »

Coverall is finished, except for a couple of non-cosmetic additions (Velcro and magnet pockets) and weathering.

Double sleeve, check
Thigh pouches, check
Built-in kama, check

Now I add the Velcro and magnet pouches and weather it!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!