Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Input needed on boots.

• 3 Replies
Input needed on boots.
« on: May 29, 2015, 03:02 PM »
I am still trying to decide what direction I want to take with my suit and have been reading a lot of the threads here for ideas and helpful information. In one of my link surfing sessions today when reading about boots I came across the most awesome pair of boots and I keep going back to them. I was hoping to get some input to see other peoples thoughts on these (I was unsure about the spikes and didn't have much luck searching for the answer I needed) and to see if they will work for my suit or not? Although if not I still think I need them either way  :)

Kebii'laar

• Aliit o'r nare, ne tal'din.
Re: Input needed on boots.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2015, 02:05 PM »
So long as there's no visible zippers or laces, it's generally acceptable.  The spikes could go either way, but I'd honestly be concerned about you not being allowed to wear these boots at a con because of the spikes.  Some locations are pretty strict on that kind of thing, from what I saw about someone who wore a spiked shoulder bell as part of their kit.

B.E.A.R.D.S. #103, QMU #026

Gar taab besuum, ni ven'ijaati gar'gai o'r an ner'nare.  Gar ru'ba'juri gar'ade jate.
Gar'gai ven'cuyi o'r ner'nare, draar digur'la.  Ni ven'ba'juri ner'ade jate.
Ni taab besuum, gar ven'ijaati ni'gai o'r an gar'nare.  Ni ru'ba'juri ner'ade jate.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2015, 06:53 PM »
I'd agree that you need those boots one way or the other, Stasi.  They're awesome!  But I'm pretty punk, so I'm biased.  Kebii's right, though, in that you may have an issue with them at some cons.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2015, 10:06 PM »
As mentioned above, boots need to be clear of laces or brand logos/names (these can be covered), and zippers should be on the inseam and the same color as the material.

I think most cons will let you in with those boots, but sometimes that may be dependent on how strict the weapons/costume policy is at an event, and the zeal of the person(s) you encounter at the turnstile in enforcing said policy.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!