Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ja'karra Layari - Twi'lek Mandalorian

• 23 Replies

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Ja'karra Layari - Twi'lek Mandalorian
« on: Jun 02, 2015, 06:50 PM »
Now with added approval 8)

I suppose this means its time to start upgrading, right?

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Ja'karra Layari - Twi'lek Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2015, 06:53 PM »
Way to go Ad'ika. Proud of you.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2015, 07:45 PM »
Phenomenal!  I love it!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Nice one vod.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Maljohn Han'Tor

• "I have a bad feeling about this."
  • Awards Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Force Hunter Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2015, 07:30 AM »
Technical question:

Are the lekku attached to the helmet, or does the helmet just fit over them in costume?  Just wondering.   Either way, amazing kit!

Sith killed my Mudder! Sith killed my Fadder! Sith killed my people!  They took my fadder’s sward!

Mandalorian Riders #0015, Nerf-herders #09, B.E.A.R.D.S.  #062, B.O.M.B. #35, Kilted Mandalorian brigade #22, B.O.O.M. #05,  VRCA  #60, XMG  #10, Iron Fang #4, KOVA #13, M.A.R.S. #40, M5 #64, L.O.B. #11

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2015, 09:35 AM »
The Lekku are separate. hence that helmet off picture in which they are wearing the lekku.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Vailin Flynn

• Urge to kill...rising
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2015, 11:27 AM »
That's a thing of beauty, nice job!

WiP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=88828.0

OM #1476
Cabur Akaata #16
M.A. #153 (24er)
House Buurenaar Verda -  Batuu Clan
OM Troops: 7
« Reply #7 on: Jun 03, 2015, 02:38 PM »
 Yea very cool to see somthing diffrent like this . Nice kit really well done!

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #8 on: Jun 03, 2015, 04:12 PM »
Technical question:

Are the lekku attached to the helmet, or does the helmet just fit over them in costume?  Just wondering.   Either way, amazing kit!

As Kit said - completely separate. The helmet just goes over them and is held on by straps round the back.
Had to match up the bucket padding and the leather headdress that holds the lekku on so that I didn't end up with the padding rubbing the makeup off and it's a bit of a squeeze to get on and off - those Twi'lek ears add a fair bit of width to my head :P But apart from that it's no different from any other bucket - I can even get my voice amp and my glasses under there if I want to (although the glasses look kinda funny as I hook them over my Twi'lek ears :P)
Also one of the planned upgrades is to add segmented armour that runs down the lekku, will be removable though as lekku get heavy after a while.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #9 on: Jun 03, 2015, 06:11 PM »
Amazing work.

NeX

• Merc# 1189 - M.V.S. #033
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: Jun 03, 2015, 07:06 PM »
This is Fantastic! Great kit  ;D , now to convince my fiancée to make a Twi'lek mando, she already has a sweet Darth Talon Lekku.

crutchthecrusher

• Enjoy today there is no promise of tomorrow
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Jun 03, 2015, 10:43 PM »
Looks great

Ericr Huric
MMCC: 1193 
Starviper Clan.                                                            wip armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90153.0
Wip weapons http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=93781.msg1369941#msg1369941
Wip Helmet http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96098.0
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2015, 08:02 AM »
WOW! Brilliant idea and design!!! Simply luv it!!!  8)

Titus Grel

• "A little grit goes a long way"
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2015, 09:24 AM »
That is a really cool kit!

"Titus Grel"
OM#1150
Urban Assault
ALUMINATI #32
"Full Metal Mandalorian"

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2015, 02:21 AM »
Where did you get the lekku if I may ask? :)

Kris Jasra

« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2015, 06:50 AM »
Where did you get the lekku if I may ask? :)

From here Good service and able to do different options and stuff.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2015, 08:31 AM »
Followed your build, this is an awesome kit!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Mav runi

• "Judge me by my size, do you?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2015, 12:59 AM »
HOLY OSIK HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS SOONER???

This looks amazing! i now want to brag and say, SEE i told you we have other species of mandos. OYA

Mav'runi's WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43880.0
MMCC - 0765  M5 - #4 EMTS - #096 MLCS#13

Kris Jasra

« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2015, 06:04 AM »
Followed your build, this is an awesome kit!

Thank you. Few upgrades planned, but real life (UK weather sucks in winter for kit work) are keeping them on a backburner.

HOLY OSIK HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS SOONER???

This looks amazing! i now want to brag and say, SEE i told you we have other species of mandos. OYA

Hehehehehe, you humans were getting too numerous. Us non humans were starting to feel a little under represented.

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 11:41 AM »
What does the back of your helmet look like with it on? How are you steadying it to not fall off while wearing it ?
Sorry for the questions I'm a twi'lek too getting my kit together.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37 PM »
I have a leather strap attached at the top that runs between the lekku and connects to one that runs round the back of my head. I've got it set with snaps so I can take it on and off without assistance. I'll look for some photos later - not at my laptop with the phoos atm.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Would love to see it, my helmet build is posted.   

Kris Jasra

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 07:15 PM »
Pm'd you.

« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2019, 11:47 AM »
This is a beautiful kit from what I can see but photo bucket has blurred it out. Could you repost your pictures? I'd love to see your kit.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!