Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Steel/Aluminum Jetpack

• 170 Replies

Hiram Fett

• Our enemies are judged by God,we arrange the meeting
Re: Steel/Aluminum Jetpack
« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Yeah! You could put red and orange LED's inside the jets that come on when you activate the NOX. That'd be a cool lighting effect, especially at night.

David.
And you could add a Disco ball !  LOL  !     WE know you can dance .

Those who hammer their blasters into plows will plow for those who did not.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #31 on: Nov 30, 2008, 06:14 PM »
If I can fit all that under the hood...then I will.  The nox is gonna come out like smoke jets...but should be much more forceful looking *like* real thrusters.  I can probably use some extra bright large red and orange LED's to get an effect going.  I'll have to play with that as it will have to be installed at the nozzle.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #32 on: Nov 30, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Updated pics.  Base is almost completed, next I'll be working on the fuel tanks then the missile which will be removable.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #33 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:20 PM »
I just had a vivid image of a nos-powered mini-rocket flying across a con room and taking out some poor schmuck stormie...
Anywho, looking kandosii Novall, definitely going to be an impressive jetpack.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Pack is sealed up for the most part.  Now I'm working on all the canister portions and the missile area.  The missile ring hasn't been attached yet, it's just sitting there for now to give me some bearing on what it's gonna look like.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #35 on: Dec 08, 2008, 02:33 PM »
You the man -dalor !
Very cool , looks Awsome.

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

C1RCA

• name the target and it shall die
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #36 on: Dec 08, 2008, 03:48 PM »
some times i wish i should not look at other peoples projects , i got so much work to do =/

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #37 on: Dec 08, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Well, don't start on your first set with the idea that you wanna blow away the world.  Start on your first set to learn, so that when you upgrade you know enough to really do all that you want.

C1RCA

• name the target and it shall die
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #38 on: Dec 08, 2008, 10:59 PM »
that is the idea as this stuff is still new to me

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #39 on: Dec 10, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Welp, after ALOT of thought...I had an epiphany yesterday as to how I was going to make my canisters.  One thing that IMHO is a big difference when working with metal in regards to plastic or cardboard is that there really isn't much room for measurement problems.  Many times for the smaller parts I have to fly by the seat of my pants and measure as I go so that everything fits perfectly...I mean this is metal, you can't just take a heat gun to it.

So I had some problems with the origional canister templates that came with Skips jango templates, they were just to big for the wholes I had.  Lastnight at Xian's place...I had a lightbulb go off in my head.  Monster energy drink cans!!!  The big ones with the twist tops, they should be about the perfect size, and if not the aluminum is thin enough to easily manipulate so that there's no damage to either the base or the can.

So, not only do I have my canisters now...but with the screw-off tops I now have a nice way to take the nozzles and cones off the pack for storage/travel.  Pretty nifty eh?

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Nice! LOL

Those cans do have an interesting shape.

Todd

« Reply #41 on: Dec 10, 2008, 02:26 PM »
That looks amazing!

Tava Kishon

• Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
« Reply #42 on: Dec 10, 2008, 02:49 PM »
Truely a work of art.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #43 on: Dec 10, 2008, 03:07 PM »
And quite the caffeine buzz, to boot.

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #44 on: Dec 10, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Oh I don't drink that stuff.  I tried a swallow last night and thew up a little in my mouth after...so I poured the rest out.  =D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!