Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rayne Maldorn WIP

• 4 Replies

Rayne Maldorn

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity
Rayne Maldorn WIP
« on: Jun 08, 2015, 01:20 AM »
Hi I'm trying to surprise my husband who's official, he doesn't know im doing this.  I know I want more of the discreet look. I always liked taking off my motorcycle helmet and surprising people.  here's my sizing pic. I used the WoF medium template.  I know I need to trim the collar as its to wide and the Ab plate as well.  We have a bunch of extra sintra I may have cleaned up from when he built his kit. cant wait to surprise him.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Rayne Maldorn WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2015, 03:25 AM »
What an awesome surprise!  That's fantastic!

You're spot on about needing to trim the collar and ab plates.  It looks like the chest plates may be a bit too large, as well.  You'll want to backstop my opinion with someone who's much, much more experienced at this than I am.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2015, 06:34 AM »
For the collar - take the excess from the middle so you don't end up with pencil thin tabs going over your shoulders.
I'd probably leave the ab plate and cut it that size, shape the plates and then trim the ab so that the final spacing is spot on - being a little too big is much better than being too small.
Here's to hoping he doesn't catch you ;)

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2015, 07:37 AM »
For the collar - take the excess from the middle so you don't end up with pencil thin tabs going over your shoulders.
I'd probably leave the ab plate and cut it that size, shape the plates and then trim the ab so that the final spacing is spot on - being a little too big is much better than being too small.
Here's to hoping he doesn't catch you ;)

Agreed about the collar plate. Sizing looks pretty spot on though other than that :D good luck!

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2015, 11:09 AM »
What a great way to surprise him - he'll be blown away!

I'm seconding what he others said about the collar, then maybe trim the ab/chesty plates just a hair so you have an equal spacing between them. Otherwise you're off to a really great start!!

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!