Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (upgrading to Mk 2.5)

• 78 Replies

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (3 March last update)
« Reply #50 on: Mar 05, 2016, 02:19 PM »
I bought the knife from Helix. He has a sales thread in the supply depot.

Zeafus

• Scorched Earth Studios
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Natan Vizsla's 1st build's upgrades.
« Reply #51 on: Mar 28, 2016, 10:49 PM »
Not really an upgrade but I made 3 chance cubes to keep on as a little accessory

My seamstress (mom) has my kama and is adding a red trim to it, 1 inch along the bottom and front edges. I'm also thinking of switching over to a grey flightsuit.

These chance cubes are perfect. Great idea

Zeafus V.1 Armor Components WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92479.0
Special Weapons Brigade WIP (Pistoleer)- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=112447.0.
Scorched Earth Studios Forum Sales Thread- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118198.0
MMCC- #1320
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) a Society for current and former military - #34
M.L.C.S. #1

Natan Vizsla

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (3 March last update)
« Reply #52 on: Apr 09, 2016, 01:52 AM »
I thought it would add a little extra to the kit. I had them displayed at a small con next to buttons that people could take and we had to keep people from taking the chance cubes.

Natan Vizsla

Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (24 April last update)
« Reply #53 on: Apr 24, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Hey everyone, back from the dead (school is finally over, well 2 finals but they are easy). I have a few things I've worked on since the last update. I'm gonna have my full kit complete by late May for MegaCon in Orlando. I'll probably pick up some more supplies tomorrow so look forward to lots of pictures.

1st the Cabur Akaata (social society for military) have a fourragere (known on here as rank ropes) to identify one another in kit.

2nd I got 3 trauma plates attached before I ran out of superglue :(

The trauma plates are shaded in pencil just to give some extra contrast. Where the pencil isn't on the left chest will be some lights (really just reflector tape). The tabs on the top side of the trauma plates will also be bent forward a bit for some more 3D shaping.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #54 on: Apr 24, 2016, 07:05 PM »
Very cool fourragere, you make yourself?

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #55 on: Apr 24, 2016, 07:22 PM »
Yep, took roughly an hour with 25 feet of paracord.

Natan Vizsla

Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (25 April last update)
« Reply #56 on: Apr 25, 2016, 05:04 PM »
Quick update that is really only a follow up to the one yesterday.

-I added a little button so the fourragere doesn't slip off, it's right behind the velcro closure on my Sidi vest.
-Picked up more superglue and got all the remaining trauma plates on, two on the collar and one on the ab. I also added 3mm sintra behind the top tabs and bent them forward. Gonna bondo the seams between the trauma and main plate.
-I don't know if I said it before but the chest and collar traumas are reminiscent of SWG to tie in the backplate.
-Area for my chest lights (reflector tape) has been drilled out. I'm gonna put the reflector tape on a 3mm piece of sintra so there is depth to it.

Dha'senaar

• Need 'em disintegrated? Get me integrated
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (25 April last update)
« Reply #57 on: Apr 28, 2016, 05:00 PM »
Loving EVERYTHING brother.  KEEP IT UP!!!

Natan Vizsla

Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (3 May last update)
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2016, 05:26 PM »
Not the biggest update in the world. I have bondo'd and sanded down all the seams between the trauma plates and the main plate. I've also bondo'd the dart holes and all the other parts of the gauntlets I'm not using (only thing left being used is the pair of nozzles on the left gaunt but they aren't pictured). I've sanded everything down so it is ready to be primed. Priming and possibly metallic coat will go on tomorrow as I binge on the OG movies and TFA.

I have one thing left that is going to be a surprise for the kit debut at MegaCon. Once MegaCon is over I will post the build pics of the surprise as well as the full kit pictures.

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Love how you did the trauma plate on the chest! May have to steal that a change it a bit but I love the Star Wars galaxies and want to do trauma plates next, that may be a great way to do it! Can't wait to see this finished!

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2016, 08:20 PM »
I actually got the idea from Kol Hokan, one of the Brigade Marshals. He did it before me, I just bent the chest trauma tabs forward. I also did it because I like the SWG backplate more than the stock Fett backplate so it was a nice middle ground tying everything together.

Natan Vizsla

Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (8 May last update)
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2016, 04:56 PM »
Just making a little updated so I can see you shiver with antici-

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2016, 01:03 AM »
Just making a little updated so I can see you shiver with antici-

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2016, 12:34 PM »
pation.

About half of the plates have been painted with the black undercoat. I haven't decided on how to paint on my secondary color (red). I'm torn between just doing the trauma plates in red or disregarding the trauma plates for the secondary pattern.

Pulse

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2016, 12:45 PM »
With the red heart monitor LEDs I would leave the trauma plates black, makes it pop. If you paint it red it will be red on red. Looks awesome! btw

Mando WIPs - Armor | Helmet | Soft
Vornskr Clan | MMCC #....

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 12:53 PM »
Not even LEDs, just a reflector strips. For that I was probably gonna leave a little 1/8 inch box around that in grey for contrast. I'll take pictures after the grey coat and MS paint (poor man's photoshop) it with a few ideas of where to add the red.

Pulse

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2016, 01:14 PM »
Not even LEDs, just a reflector strips. For that I was probably gonna leave a little 1/8 inch box around that in grey for contrast. I'll take pictures after the grey coat and MS paint (poor man's photoshop) it with a few ideas of where to add the red.

Dang, I'm surprised! lol Looks legit! Well, I'm sure you'll make it look great.

Mando WIPs - Armor | Helmet | Soft
Vornskr Clan | MMCC #....

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2016, 02:07 PM »
I would do the trauma plates in red with a black or silver border around the lights

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2016, 02:35 PM »
But doing solid red on the trauma plates would be bland and boring. I'm gonna go dig through the costume gallery to find some inspiration for a paint scheme.

I went and looked through the gallery and all the kits with traumas did have them as a solid color to contrast the color of the non trauma'd plates. Seems like that'll be the most likely route then.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:52 PM by Natan Vizsla » Logged

Natan Vizsla

Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (13 May last update)
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2016, 05:29 PM »
I played in MS paint and doing traumas in red will look good. I wasn't sure at first but even just outlining them in red helped me picture it much better. This will be my last update until MegaCon in 2 weeks. I'm gonna let my fellow storm warriors see my kit first. As for the vibro-knife from Helix; I'm gonna paint the little thumbtacks red, inset them into the vibration generator, add some wrapping to the handle, then weather.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:22 PM by Natan Vizsla » Logged

Natan Vizsla

Re: Natan Vizsla's Mk 2 (now with pics of completed kit)
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2016, 12:01 PM »
Pristine paint job, well save for the silver popping through.

Blackwashed

With Jenifer Ann (great cosplayer, go check her out)

From the official invasion photoshoot (I'm behind our Jango)

With Mr. Bulloch and Mr. Logan (a little bit right of Daniel)

Couple side notes:
Don't staple faux leather strips thinking they will work as a belt loop, they won't.
I need to rework how I'm gonna keep my Cabur Akaata fourragere in place because the tiny button I had on popped off.
Bottom of my vest likes to ride up, can see this in my pic with Jenifer Ann.
Some other things I'm forgetting.
If I find any more photos of me I'll post them.

Arador Khel

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #71 on: Jun 25, 2016, 07:45 AM »
Lookin good, Marine....errr.....uhhhh....Merc.

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #72 on: Feb 10, 2017, 04:32 PM »
ARISE!!!!! So I've been away for a while, college problems :/ Anyways I've done a little work to get ready for Celebration.

Last time I kitted up the cod was pinching me at the hip on account of making it without taking into account the kama so I chopped off the wings, before anyone asks the kama does cover those edges.

I also felt like the velcro was poorly sewn onto the vest, completely my fault, and some of the fuzzy side could be seen at weird angles so I took it all off and replaced it with blank tie tacks, lots and lots of tie tacks. Also to make sure they are secure I got rubber backings (not pictured) instead of the stock frogs that fail and pop off. I embedded a tie tack in my Cabur Akaata fourragere since the previous method did fail.

Finally I worked on a little ID card that I can print on heavy cardstock. The idea was from one of the forum posts I saw a few days ago about bounty hunting licenses. I've reworked it a bit since the picture to include an Imperial and Death Watch logo as a watermark style image and to remove the background from the picture. Wording is identical from Aurebesh to Mando'a and I'll end up putting them back to back so it's only a 5x8 card or something.

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2017, 11:18 PM »
New update.

I want to do shnees/half chaps. Basically doing the shnees with a flap of duck cloth that will wrap around the calf for the whole height of the armor. Two webbing straps with clips will hold the armor pieces on and keep the duck cloth tight to the leg. I took some inspiration for the design from Kavryn Falco as opposed to standard Jango shins. Disregard the pencil marks, they are roughly were they shnees will bend to form around my shin.

I'm doing an armored loin cloth. It hangs down to mid thigh. The pointed trauma plates for these are basically the same as the lone trauma plate on my back. I'm going to make a sleeve with a tab out of duck cloth to fit over my belt with the armored loin or cod attaching to the tab on the sleeve.

I also reworked my Cabur Akaata rope. The end piece has USMC engraved into it (in Mando'a obviously) and the 5 black loops around the tassel represent my 5 years in the Corps.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:20 PM by Natan Vizsla » Logged

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2017, 08:16 PM »
I have shaped, bondo'd, and sanded the shnees and armored loin. Sorry no pictures.

So I got the sewing I needed for my upgrading done. The piece in the top left is a sleeve for my belt and it has a tab hanging off that I can attach my cod or the armored loin onto and switch between. Below that are the two gaiter/half chap pieces that will attach to the shnees and cover my calves. I have nylon webbing, buckles, pop rivets and washers to finish off the shnees.

On the right is a sash to replace the red shemagh (sash material is same as the trim on my kama). The sash is decently wide and has the one angle on the end you can see. There is also a piece hanging down from where the angle starts, I did that because there was plenty extra lengthwise and instead of wrapping it around my waist 2+ times I cut it short and used the excess as a flourish. I haven't decided if I'm going to add a sigil on the hanging piece or just leave it blank.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!