Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian commando build WIP update page

• 430 Replies

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Mandalorian commando build WIP update page
« Reply #325 on: Sep 19, 2016, 10:12 PM »
You'll be there by then, I'm sure of it. You've got the majority of it done and it looks amazing bud!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #326 on: Sep 19, 2016, 11:25 PM »
Good to see you back at it! ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Z97

• You can run from me , but not from my blaster...
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #327 on: Sep 21, 2016, 04:26 PM »
thank you all   here a pic of the gaunt and the  glove , i forgot who mentioned  about  the glove was lost  in the pic  since it did not have some thing to tell apart from the suit , thanks its good having lots of eyes on small details  :) next  will be weathering the girth belt and making some sort of webbing armor.

Zeafus

• Scorched Earth Studios
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #328 on: Sep 21, 2016, 04:35 PM »
* Heavy Breathing *

Zeafus V.1 Armor Components WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92479.0
Special Weapons Brigade WIP (Pistoleer)- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=112447.0.
Scorched Earth Studios Forum Sales Thread- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118198.0
MMCC- #1320
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) a Society for current and former military - #34
M.L.C.S. #1

Z97

« Reply #329 on: Sep 21, 2016, 09:00 PM »
todays progress glove armor is done and weatherd ,
finished on a gauntlet that broke a piece   ,  refitted with  some parts and strengthen the edges with liquid nails . and a few details to the button pad.
next will be making the webbing armor.

before :

after :

Draigas

• I am the storm.
« Reply #330 on: Sep 22, 2016, 12:29 AM »
 :o :o :o

Holy cow man this is awesome!  You have set a new level for me to try to get too.

Z97

« Reply #331 on: Sep 22, 2016, 06:52 PM »
thank you  :D

here is today's progress girth belt weathered. yay progress
before :

after:

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #332 on: Sep 23, 2016, 11:52 AM »
Im so envious of your kit, I sort of hate you haha jk amazing job vode, really holy osik

USMC- Mandeplorable

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #333 on: Sep 23, 2016, 08:51 PM »
 :o :o  :o :o 8)
Stunning!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Z97

« Reply #334 on: Sep 25, 2016, 03:04 PM »
took my armor and sprayed a matte finish today currently working on weathering the spats.

Z97

« Reply #335 on: Sep 25, 2016, 03:59 PM »
another item off the list , spats weathered boom check .starting working on the web armor. ;D

Draigas

• I am the storm.
« Reply #336 on: Sep 25, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Those spats looks awesome, what technique did you use to weather them?  I am getting ready to weather my soft parts and am a little apprehensive and unsur about techniques. 

Edit: oh yeah, be careful with the double posts.  Generally you want to edit your last post, otherwise someone is likely to scold you.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2016, 04:46 PM by Draigas » Logged

Z97

« Reply #337 on: Sep 25, 2016, 10:16 PM »
webbing armor completed aww yesss. and for weathering i use acrylic paints waterd down with  windex i did a small tutorial on my build for weathering . now for a new  coverall and i think i am done.

Z97

« Reply #338 on: Sep 27, 2016, 07:56 AM »
 i have a issue if some one  of the app team can help me or give their thoughts , it is regarding my neck armor piece  the  construction part  i submitted my app pics and was sent back because the neck  , the contruction is a mix of cintra , parts of hard plastic trash bin and the  innards  are eva foam  that lay on top of the rigid structure i have the following pics  and will explain the process , i just want to know if this will not pass  the app process.any feed back will be highly appreciated.

this front part is made of a layer of trash bin hard platic and heated to give it the curve after this i layered cintra on top for  detailing   all this fron piece is not eva it is plastic .

pic 2 is the front end of the armor made out of cintra

3rd pic is the same as the first one made of a layer of hard plastic from a trash bin and heated to give the curvature the top is cintra and glued to the the layer of plastic  .

4th part  layer of hard plastic with sintra pieces for  detail and glued to the hard plastic

5th back part is the kidney plate modified and greebeles added and side pieces rae part of a printer case.

6th the inside, the inside is  layered  with eva foam which has been coated with  several layers gorilla glue to give it strength  and a piece of cintra is layered on top  to give  a type of padding   the eva  is more to fill up the inside  of the piece  and then glued on top of the hard plastic pieces, not the actual armor that is visible on the outside of the build . more of a filling  material
hope this will help clarify  the build process.

Draigas

• I am the storm.
« Reply #339 on: Sep 27, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Just curious, could you post the app pictures so we could see what they might have been looking at regarding the neck.  I know your looking for app team response but thought maybe a fresh set of eyes might see something, in case it takes the a while to respond.

Z97

« Reply #340 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:41 PM »
here is when they are primed  you can see that everything out site is hard plastic parts the inside padding is the eva foam...

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #341 on: Sep 27, 2016, 10:20 PM »
The updated pictures help us a lot actually. EVA is something we look for pretty closely, so when we see it in a WIP, it's bound to come up once app pics are submitted. It was hard to tell if you had the EVA covered originally on the inside, but regardless, it's gtg now. And good work with the extra weathering so far.  It's all coming together nicely.  :)

Z97

« Reply #342 on: Sep 28, 2016, 06:10 PM »
still updating  , weathering my belt

and worked on my holster from Golan Arms for my  webgun

attached to shin armor base

cknight68

• The Phantom of Kamino and Manaan King
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #343 on: Sep 28, 2016, 06:33 PM »
Looks wicked awesome! If i had known about this helmet earlier i would have asked you to make me one (id pay for it of course) for my commando who defects and becomes a mando haha. Rock on brother!

Caleb Knight
Ri Va'lure (Recon) and Noac Toa the Mermando
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

Z97

« Reply #344 on: Sep 30, 2016, 07:20 AM »
thank you i am a big fan of the RC had a suit once .also very exited that me neck armor  is gtg  ;D
did some small trophies colonel  rank insignia  rebel/imperial , now i just need a new flight suit...

also made a type of memento jar with the soil of important planets like mustafar and kashyk..

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #345 on: Sep 30, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Love all the little details you're putting into this kit. Never thought of using vials of soil and imperial rank insignias as trophies. Might steal the soil idea for my own desert ops kit

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #346 on: Sep 30, 2016, 01:49 PM »
Dude...this is spectacular! How do I miss posts like this? I love all of the details in this entire kit. Very, very nice work here.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Z97

« Reply #347 on: Sep 30, 2016, 05:19 PM »
Thank you ,  :D
here is my last trophies these are rogue imperial  agent  take down.took there hat insignia  :P

and update finished my trophies yay..

« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016, 06:03 PM by Z97 » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #348 on: Sep 30, 2016, 06:18 PM »
Vary cool trophies, I've always admired the little details that people put into kits, gives them a bit more of a breath of life  ;D

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #349 on: Oct 01, 2016, 01:16 AM »
Oooooooh!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!