Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My new mando kit!

• 33 Replies

draco.mac

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2015, 02:14 AM by draco.mac » Logged

Gnar-Gnar

Re: My new mando kit!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2015, 02:11 AM »
Awesome work! Can't wait to see it in person this fall!

Also, nice pouches! wonder where a fellow might get those? :D

draco.mac

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2015, 02:17 AM »
Thanks man I hope it gets approved and that my other one gets approved to. Hopefully they can start a clan here! And thanks again for the pouches they completed the kit!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2015, 03:00 AM »
Linking your pics here so others can have a look 8) Some people here don't like chasing links :rolleyes: (for future reference, you just need to copy the [ IMG] tag and paste that here)

As for my comments on the kit, it looks great, but I have a feeling you'll have to reapply after a few fixes.
-Shoulder plates appear to sit a little too far back (that may just be an "IMO" thing)
-Chestplates spacing/positioning could use a little tweaking. Does the Ab plate come down to your belly button? There's a lot of space between your ab plate and belt which could cause your app to be kicked back.
-Carbon Fiber may be deemed to "earthly". I really hope not, because it looks great, but there's a chance.
-The lighting also makes it a little difficult to see the one side of you. You may be asked to retake pictures.

Otherwise, the weathering looks good, weapons are cool, leg wraps are awesome, and overall I like it! :D

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2015, 03:03 AM by Serim Merec » Logged
M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

draco.mac

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2015, 03:16 AM »
Thanks a lot this was my first post and I wasn't sure how to do the pictures. And for the armour, the ab plate does got to my belly button and ya I wasn't wearing the belt properly. Hopefully I'll still get approved I'll take better pics then and I hope the carbon fibre is ok I really like it so fingers crossed!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2015, 03:24 AM »
Good luck, man! I've heard sometimes they request some additional pictures to clarify things, rather than making you resubmit completely, but I've heard that kinda second hand so I can't prove anything :P

It'll be sweet to have another OM here in Vancouver! Keep an eye on the BC boards, there's an Armour Party coming up possibly ;)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2015, 10:37 AM »
Good luck, man! I've heard sometimes they request some additional pictures to clarify things, rather than making you resubmit completely, but I've heard that kinda second hand so I can't prove anything :P

It'll be sweet to have another OM here in Vancouver! Keep an eye on the BC boards, there's an Armour Party coming up possibly ;)

that is true, the app team does occasionally ask for specific area clarification pics. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2015, 02:28 AM »
Oh... a mando who comes with a built-in garotte.     insurance against turning your back to an enemy left they choke you with your own scarf? :p  :laugh:

Looks good.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Your backplate idea is really great. I love the double blades, vod. Great job!

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2015, 01:50 PM »
wow, this looks really good. :o you've got an eye for detail sir, the whole thing just looks top notch. I can see a few *minor tweaks* that you might need before submitting, but you've done an excellent job. jedi better beware with you on the hunt ;)

Your shoulders should come forward a bit, they're hard to see in the front picture.
Your Knees are touching the shins, bring those up a bit, might want to add a little patch of velcro to the knee to help them sit where they're supposed to(knees are a tricky bugger. I got dinged on my first app submission for the same thing, learn from my mistake! lol)
I can't tell if you have a groin plate or not. if you want a soft covering, ie loin cloth, you need a little more coverage there
***side bar, if you intend to go for the force hunter brigade(which is optional but appears the direction you're leaning) you will need a hard cod plate.
slide the belt rig up to cover that gap between ab plate and belt.
those shouldn't take more than maybe a day of tweaking. seriously nice kit though :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

draco.mac

« Reply #10 on: Jun 11, 2015, 04:21 PM »
thanks and ya i submitted and they told me i had a few things to move around a fix up and i just resubmitted today so i got my fingers crossed.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Cool.  Did they point out anything that wasn't pointed out in here?      How did dawwwg's app go?

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #12 on: Jun 11, 2015, 04:35 PM »
Mine got dinged too, some minor adjustments on the helmet and a fix on the placement of my ab plates. But other than that re app should be simple. Can't wait to join the crew!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #13 on: Jun 11, 2015, 05:27 PM »
Sweet.   If either of you want eyes on before you resubmit, post them here and we'll pick them apart :P 

Curious, was the carbon fiber an issue?    I would expect them to say it was too "earthy"

Late Crusader WIP

draco.mac

« Reply #14 on: Jun 11, 2015, 06:56 PM »
No the carbon fibre wasn't an issue thank god lol it's one of my favourite parts and it was just adjusting the chest plates abit and tightening the vest

http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Drake_McLim/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstyc1jet5.jpg.html

Ugh still not sure how to post pics  :(

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2015, 07:04 PM by draco.mac » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!