Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My new mando kit!

• 33 Replies

draco.mac

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2015, 02:14 AM by draco.mac » Logged

Gnar-Gnar

Re: My new mando kit!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2015, 02:11 AM »
Awesome work! Can't wait to see it in person this fall!

Also, nice pouches! wonder where a fellow might get those? :D

draco.mac

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2015, 02:17 AM »
Thanks man I hope it gets approved and that my other one gets approved to. Hopefully they can start a clan here! And thanks again for the pouches they completed the kit!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2015, 03:00 AM »
Linking your pics here so others can have a look 8) Some people here don't like chasing links :rolleyes: (for future reference, you just need to copy the [ IMG] tag and paste that here)

As for my comments on the kit, it looks great, but I have a feeling you'll have to reapply after a few fixes.
-Shoulder plates appear to sit a little too far back (that may just be an "IMO" thing)
-Chestplates spacing/positioning could use a little tweaking. Does the Ab plate come down to your belly button? There's a lot of space between your ab plate and belt which could cause your app to be kicked back.
-Carbon Fiber may be deemed to "earthly". I really hope not, because it looks great, but there's a chance.
-The lighting also makes it a little difficult to see the one side of you. You may be asked to retake pictures.

Otherwise, the weathering looks good, weapons are cool, leg wraps are awesome, and overall I like it! :D

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2015, 03:03 AM by Serim Merec » Logged
M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

draco.mac

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2015, 03:16 AM »
Thanks a lot this was my first post and I wasn't sure how to do the pictures. And for the armour, the ab plate does got to my belly button and ya I wasn't wearing the belt properly. Hopefully I'll still get approved I'll take better pics then and I hope the carbon fibre is ok I really like it so fingers crossed!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2015, 03:24 AM »
Good luck, man! I've heard sometimes they request some additional pictures to clarify things, rather than making you resubmit completely, but I've heard that kinda second hand so I can't prove anything :P

It'll be sweet to have another OM here in Vancouver! Keep an eye on the BC boards, there's an Armour Party coming up possibly ;)

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2015, 10:37 AM »
Good luck, man! I've heard sometimes they request some additional pictures to clarify things, rather than making you resubmit completely, but I've heard that kinda second hand so I can't prove anything :P

It'll be sweet to have another OM here in Vancouver! Keep an eye on the BC boards, there's an Armour Party coming up possibly ;)

that is true, the app team does occasionally ask for specific area clarification pics. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2015, 02:28 AM »
Oh... a mando who comes with a built-in garotte.     insurance against turning your back to an enemy left they choke you with your own scarf? :p  :laugh:

Looks good.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Your backplate idea is really great. I love the double blades, vod. Great job!

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2015, 01:50 PM »
wow, this looks really good. :o you've got an eye for detail sir, the whole thing just looks top notch. I can see a few *minor tweaks* that you might need before submitting, but you've done an excellent job. jedi better beware with you on the hunt ;)

Your shoulders should come forward a bit, they're hard to see in the front picture.
Your Knees are touching the shins, bring those up a bit, might want to add a little patch of velcro to the knee to help them sit where they're supposed to(knees are a tricky bugger. I got dinged on my first app submission for the same thing, learn from my mistake! lol)
I can't tell if you have a groin plate or not. if you want a soft covering, ie loin cloth, you need a little more coverage there
***side bar, if you intend to go for the force hunter brigade(which is optional but appears the direction you're leaning) you will need a hard cod plate.
slide the belt rig up to cover that gap between ab plate and belt.
those shouldn't take more than maybe a day of tweaking. seriously nice kit though :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

draco.mac

« Reply #10 on: Jun 11, 2015, 04:21 PM »
thanks and ya i submitted and they told me i had a few things to move around a fix up and i just resubmitted today so i got my fingers crossed.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Cool.  Did they point out anything that wasn't pointed out in here?      How did dawwwg's app go?

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #12 on: Jun 11, 2015, 04:35 PM »
Mine got dinged too, some minor adjustments on the helmet and a fix on the placement of my ab plates. But other than that re app should be simple. Can't wait to join the crew!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #13 on: Jun 11, 2015, 05:27 PM »
Sweet.   If either of you want eyes on before you resubmit, post them here and we'll pick them apart :P 

Curious, was the carbon fiber an issue?    I would expect them to say it was too "earthy"

Late Crusader WIP

draco.mac

« Reply #14 on: Jun 11, 2015, 06:56 PM »
No the carbon fibre wasn't an issue thank god lol it's one of my favourite parts and it was just adjusting the chest plates abit and tightening the vest

http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Drake_McLim/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstyc1jet5.jpg.html

Ugh still not sure how to post pics  :(

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2015, 07:04 PM by draco.mac » Logged

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #15 on: Jun 11, 2015, 07:07 PM »
to post pics from photobucket, just copy the IMG link they provide.   glad to hear it was an easy fix!

Late Crusader WIP

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #16 on: Jun 11, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Got you covered again, vod! ;) I'm assuming you're doing it through a mobile app? Look around and try to find the share links options. There'll be an email and IM option, direct, HTML, and one called [ IMG]. When you click/tap on the [ IMG] it'll copy the link that makes the picture show up in your post.

draco.mac

« Reply #17 on: Jun 11, 2015, 07:29 PM »
Awesome thanks everyone! You guys think this will pass now

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #18 on: Jun 11, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Hard to say.    I could say the chest plates are still off, but it's something that is easier to fix in person than try to explain, and may not be enough to warrant another set of app pics.  I am surprised the shoulders weren't mentioned though, as Serim pointed out.  But again, that would be an easy fix if it came to that.  Looking forward to meeting up with you soon.

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #19 on: Jun 12, 2015, 12:21 AM »
Hard to say.    I could say the chest plates are still off, but it's something that is easier to fix in person than try to explain, and may not be enough to warrant another set of app pics.  I am surprised the shoulders weren't mentioned though, as Serim pointed out.  But again, that would be an easy fix if it came to that.  Looking forward to meeting up with you soon.

with the chest plates, the outline is in black, so the plates look a little smaller than they are, that may be why they look "off" in person they look much more normal sized and positioned

draco.mac

« Reply #20 on: Jun 12, 2015, 02:43 AM »
Ok well I sent them in and I'll wait and see if they let me in if not I'll bring it to the armour party and we can get them all ready and retake pics.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #21 on: Jun 12, 2015, 02:44 AM »
Good luck!

Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #22 on: Jun 13, 2015, 02:12 PM »
are we there yet?   are we there yet?   are we there yet?

Late Crusader WIP

draco.mac

« Reply #23 on: Jun 13, 2015, 03:42 PM »
Still waiting on a reply. Oh when's the armour making party?

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #24 on: Jun 13, 2015, 04:53 PM »
Next Sunday [not tomorrow] noon-ish till whenever.   We usually break it up around 5, but depends on what's going on.  PM me for details if you [both?] want to come out.

Late Crusader WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!