Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Phoenix KillShot 1st build - WIP

• 22 Replies

Phoenixkillshot

• Heroes get remembered, Legends never die.
Phoenix KillShot 1st build - WIP
« on: Jun 17, 2015, 09:58 PM »
Phoenix Killshot Reporting in.

I have begun the process of purchasing and ordering armor pieces, Helmet, and some weaponry. I can't wait to get started on this armor.
"Home is where the armor is."
Here is my concept

Here is what I Ordered.
Mando Stalker Helm

For Weapons: I really love these WESTARs

Wanted to get your opinions on these boots. Would all these be acceptable? and if so which ones do you like?

crutchthecrusher

• Enjoy today there is no promise of tomorrow
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Phoenix KillShot 1st build - WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2015, 10:05 PM »
I like your concept and the first set of boots I like I thank all the boots will work just got to cover the logos

Ericr Huric
MMCC: 1193 
Starviper Clan.                                                            wip armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90153.0
Wip weapons http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=93781.msg1369941#msg1369941
Wip Helmet http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96098.0

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2015, 11:10 PM »
looks good so far!

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2015, 11:21 PM »
Thanks!

What are some good options for belts, Belt ammo pouches, harness and belt holsters?

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2015, 12:22 AM »
Thanks!

What are some good options for belts, Belt ammo pouches, harness and belt holsters?

For the boots, Im using your first pair and they're ok, not my favorite, but work well if you weather them,

You can check my sales thread in the supply depot (SV industries) I've got ammo pouches (some new ones coming in this weekend too :D )

btw, i love your design vod!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2015, 05:58 AM »
Browse through the trading section and you'll see all kinds of stuff for sale. There are folks there who specialize in leather products, as well as all kinds of links to various finds. 

I'm sure you'll find a bunch of kick-shebs stuff.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2015, 11:12 AM »
I just received my Westar 38 Blaster resin casts in the mail. I'll be painting those soon to look something like this.

Went ahead and purchased this black flight suit: Tru-Spec Poly / Cotton Twill 27/P

I like this suit, but I also like these pants. I'm wondering what you guys think? Should I stick with the one piece flight suit or try and use the pants and then just get a shirt to make it look like a flight suit?

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2015, 11:21 AM »
I love those pants!!! where are they from?

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2015, 02:06 PM »
They are Xelement Tri-Tex Leather Motorcycle Racing pants, but they are out of stock right now. I'm hoping they restock so i can get them.

https://www.myleather.com/p/Motorcycle-Pants-and-Chaps/Xelement-Mens-Tri-Tex-and-Leather-Motorcycle-Racing-Pants-with-Level-3-Advanced-Armor/51710.html

Jorad Werde

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 2015, 10:49 PM »
you'd have to get a shirt of the same material to make it look like one piece, and it looks like those will get really hot.  I have the same flight suit and it's served me well.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 2015, 11:37 PM »
I think I will go with the flight suit for now especially since the pants are out of stock. Like you mentioned they look like they will get hot. And I would have to find the same material top which might be difficult. Thanks for the advice.

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2015, 05:37 PM »
Update:
Just decided on the boots. I'm going with these

Next up, deciding on how to go about belts, harness and holsters for my westars

Does anyone know if we are allowed to have vibroblades? I also had a question about blasters... do they have to have orange tips to take them out in public? i notice most cosplayers don't do that..?

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2015, 05:50 PM by Phoenixkillshot » Logged

Jorad Werde

« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2015, 06:02 PM »
Update:
Just decided on the boots. I'm going with these

Next up, deciding on how to go about belts, harness and holsters for my westars

Does anyone know if we are allowed to have vibroblades? I also had a question about blasters... do they have to have orange tips to take them out in public? i notice most cosplayers don't do that..?

Vibroblades are allowed, quite a few people have them on their kits.  The orange tip on guns is a regional and state thing.  Some places require weapons to be 'safety tipped' and some dont.  check with your local clan, they should be able to tell you one way or the other.  I carry a roll of Orange Electrical tape in my bin in case I ever troop in a place that requires it.  If you're area is an area that requires the safety tip then mention it in your application and you won't get dinged b/c of it.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #13 on: Jul 13, 2015, 08:14 PM »
Thanks for the tips on vibroblades.

What kind of paint does everyone use for armor pieces? and after you paint it do you put any kind of protectant on it? or clear coat?

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #14 on: Jul 14, 2015, 09:47 AM »
My wife and I both went with Krylon, the wife did it because it had the exact colors she wanted. As Kiffren said, once you pick a brand just stick with it, and beyond that make sure to stick with the product line as well, since different product lines from the same brand can have differences in color/texture/adhesion or cause other fun issues you'd rather not deal with.

Once I've gotten everything down I personally use a Krylon Matte Clear Coat, although I've heard the Glossy offers more protection, some people will toss down a glossy clear coat for the protection and then a matte/flat clear coat to get the look.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Kiltedlion

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2015, 09:57 AM »

I like this suit, but I also like these pants. I'm wondering what you guys think? Should I stick with the one piece flight suit or try and use the pants and then just get a shirt to make it look like a flight suit?

[/quote]

FYI on the pants... I ordered those exact motorcycle pants for a different cosplay I was working on... The were absolutely horrid. Even though they fit me in the waist, the length was totally off. The knees were in the middle of my shins and the crotch was too short, riding very uncomfortably in an area that needs some room. I ended up sending them back and getting my money back. Maybe they will fit you better but buyer beware. Just thought I would give you a heads up Vod.

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #16 on: Jul 15, 2015, 02:47 AM »
Thanks for the paint tips!

Here is my build progress so far. As you can see I have the Black flight suit, Boots, holster which might be painted or stained black, blasters that need to be painted. Still waiting on my helm. Might not get that for another month or 2.

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #17 on: Aug 30, 2015, 11:49 PM »
I started to spray paint the blasters pistols.
While I waited for the pistols to dry I went ahead and did a photo shoot with one of my other costumes that is a work in progress.

boy did it get hot in that costume while i was shooting my own pictures lol.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Aug 31, 2015, 01:07 PM »
Nice pictures, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #19 on: Aug 31, 2015, 01:51 PM »
Awesome pics. Can't wait to see what you come up with on your kit

timo83

• "Bring me solo"
« Reply #20 on: Aug 31, 2015, 02:49 PM »
i've already saw this artwork but the ship still in the left of the pic, are you the autor of the original draw or did you used it as a model?

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #21 on: Sep 08, 2015, 03:16 PM »
Which pic are you talking about?

Phoenixkillshot

« Reply #22 on: Sep 13, 2015, 01:00 PM »
I have been practicing some weathering on my armor pieces.
I might want a different color for the black  paint. maybe a more dark gray?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!