Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Attaching with Velcro

• 2 Replies

Xolad

Attaching with Velcro
« on: Sep 14, 2014, 12:58 PM »
Hey guys. So I'm on the final stretch for my armor and I have a few questions. I've hot glued the velcro onto the armor plates and am currently wondering about where to place the velcro on the pants so the plates land onto them. I appreciate any helpful hints, and thanks for the help

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Attaching with Velcro
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Way I did it, step by step so I know I've not made any assumptions and left you confused.

Get into your flightsuit/vest.
Put the velcro together so that the unattached sewy side is hooked onto the glued in place side on the plates.
Using a tiny amount of paint dab some on the corners of the velcro
Line up plate with where you want it and press against flightsuit/vest for a moment
Move plate, check the paint has transferred to the vest/flightsuit.
Take everything off and sew that bit into place by matching the velcro to the paint.
Repeat for next one.

If you're doing the leg armour, wear whatever you have, girth/belt/boots etc as they can affect where the flightsuit sits.
If you're doing the vest start at the collar and work downwards one plate at a time so that you can use the plates above to help get the spacing right.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
Re: Attaching with Velcro
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 02:58 PM »
Way I did it, step by step so I know I've not made any assumptions and left you confused.

Get into your flightsuit/vest.
Put the velcro together so that the unattached sewy side is hooked onto the glued in place side on the plates.
Using a tiny amount of paint dab some on the corners of the velcro
Line up plate with where you want it and press against flightsuit/vest for a moment
Move plate, check the paint has transferred to the vest/flightsuit.
Take everything off and sew that bit into place by matching the velcro to the paint.
Repeat for next one.

If you're doing the leg armour, wear whatever you have, girth/belt/boots etc as they can affect where the flightsuit sits.
If you're doing the vest start at the collar and work downwards one plate at a time so that you can use the plates above to help get the spacing right.

You're a life saver Kris!

A true warrior is revealed, not at the end of a rifle; but at the end of their life.

My WiP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=103529.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!