Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tech's Kama

• 8 Replies
Tech's Kama
« on: Jan 09, 2016, 12:59 AM »
Hey all, Its been a bit, but im back... the weather in southern Miss still wont permit me to work on the fiberglass coating and bondo for my helmet... But i've began work on my Kama!!! i'm more than halfway done from just a few hours of work!!!

Re: Tech's Kama
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2016, 11:42 PM »
Hey, guys My first Kama is finished... its not flashy but it'll due till i am better at a sewing machine :D it's all handmade... none of it is bought!!!

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2016, 11:33 AM by Tecnogold » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Oh it looks really nice! I like how it comes down to a point in the back! Long kamas FTW! :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:52 PM »
Thank you :D im having a difficult time trying to figure out how to make other soft-parts stuff... lol

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2016, 11:18 PM »
Well just look around the forum and get ideas and tips from people! And of course, ask questions! :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2016, 03:01 PM »
The last set of pictures aren't showing up? From what I can see it looks great! How did you make it? Is there a pattern? How'd you attach it? Haha sorry I'm hoping to make one very identical with different colors.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2016, 11:39 AM »
I fixed the pictures... they should work now :D There is no pattern. I made it from scratch... so first i used graph paper to sketch out a design to scale! next i put it over a sewing board... like the big cardboard mats that show the 1" x 1" squares... then measured my belt and cut the cloths width to that, then I found my length and cut it to that, i then folded the length of my material in half and cut the angles.. and finally i sewed the color strip to the bottom of the black kama, making the colors... the attachment method is like a knife or sword sheath... the Loop, that attaches to the top of the kama, i believe i have 5 - 6 of them spaced out accordingly... all of my kama is handmade but the Cloth that I got at Hancock Fabric

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2016, 04:20 PM »
Awesome thank you! I think I've got a plan on how to make it just trying to decide how I want to attach it.

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2016, 04:56 PM »
the loops are an easy, good way... but you can attach it to elastic like a tutu... or even snap ons... like a snap on loop.... but it's all difficult to decide lol.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!